Getting to know you

Options
124»

Replies

• Shanaedunn
    Shanaedunn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am new to the group but not new to ups and downs both physically and mentally of being overweight. I have been heavy all my life and in December of 2009 I lost my job and started to really hit the gym due to a friend that was looking to be a physical trainer needing a first client. So he worked with me untilI moved from Georgia ( my hometown to Delaware) I was 246 at this point. Upon arriving in Delaware I was still very focused on my weight and began working on my eating through a friend at church I found out about this website! So that is a minor portion of the journey who I am is also completely and totally in love with three young men that happen to be my sons (though they can push me to my limits most days) they are 14, 10 and 8. I have had a coworker that is losing weight support me but on a daily basis I have been on my own and after a while I began to feel the pull of going backwards. So I stopped pushing so hard and stopped being honest on my daily counts.

Then I was running through a few stories and you know it came across Carolinamomma and the support and push is back! I am fully ready to attack the last 29 pounds to get to my goal of 154. Which is what the computer told me was a healthy weight for my height. Thing is I have made a lot of bad decisions in my life becasue I was depressed and weight was a big part of that. So smoking was ended in April 2010. I pray to end the weight battle by December of this year (hopefully before). My children have seen me at my worst and I pray everyday that I can be the example that beats all examples in life for them. They have watched me stop smoking, lose weight, bring drinking to a rare occasion where it was everyday, I have lost a great job and had to move states and live with family and find my way back to standing on my feet all the while looking in the mirror and deciding that my weight was not going to keep holding me back (in all the ways it can). Today I speak to you 63 pounds lighter and still pushing. I am so grateful for MFP because you all are real and you get it.

I have three boys that will be men one day and I pray that through my mistakes I have shown them more than I know. Someone asked me once if I could have dinner with anyone who would it be and I said my children as adults.... I would love to hear what they think of their mom....

Thanks for listening!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    My name is Niki. I am a full time college student and a stay at home mommy. I have a beautiful 6 month old son and one son in Heaven. At my heaviest I was 218 I now weigh 199. I would love to get down to around 130. I know at my height I could go smaller but my hubby doesn't want me to be too thin. haha. I live in Winter Springs, FL and love it! Good luck on your journey.
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    Hello my name is Debbie. I'm 42 and live just outside London, UK. I have lost 70lbs so far and still have a long way to go. Its great meeting so many fabulous people who are on the same journey as me :drinker:
  • Lila68
    Lila68 Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow! Lots of you have really lost a lot of weight! How motivating for me! I'm new to this site too but have had success in the past with Weight Watchers. This tool is SO awesome. The database is amazing!

I'm from Toronto, Canada and a lot of the tools don't have Canadian products. Interestingly, most of the chains (even Starbucks) have the same products but they are lower in calories in Canada. I'm not sure why.

I have about 30lbs to lose and am targeting 1.5 lbs a week so 5 lbs a month. Pilates, yoga, curling and walking are my exercises of choice. Good luck! And I'll keep watching the progress of the group for motivation.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    thor1god1of1awesome Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hi all my name andy aka thor, im 25, married with three kids, 5, 3,2. I have been up and down in this weight lost journey this past year. Recently I been up lol. I hope to get to down to 180 so that a. I can look even more handsome for my sexy wife, bee around for along time for my kidlings. Also I live in Jackson, Mi and I am direct care worker
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hey all my name is Arlene. I am a 34 yr old single mom from NEPA. My daughter is 14. My weight has been more up then down. I started dieting in August of 2010 and have been on and off the wagon. I am a business woman working in the non profit industry. I am down 106 pounds since 8/10 and I am hoping to lose another 70 pounds while here :-) Feel free to friend me,
  • derekracca
    Options
    Hello!
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hey hey my fellow awesome saucers my name is Whitney, i'm 24 years old. I'm a mother on 2 sons B.J. is 5 and Brayden is 7 months, i'm married to my "high school sweetheart" we've been married for almost 5 years, together for 7. I'm from Tennessee lived here forever, I want to move lol. I'm 5'3 and I started trying to lose weight 2 years ago. When I was 18 (right before I got preggers with my 1st son) I gained 40 lbs on birth control (that worked amazingly well as we can see) taking me to 180 lbs then during my pregnancy I gained another 40 taking me to 220 pounds. After I hasd him I hovered around 185-195 for years then decided I need to change that, so I started cutting back on portions and walking. I eventually got down to 175 pounds and kept that weight until I got pregnant with my second son, then I went back up to 198 after having him I weight 177. I started this site when he was about ... a month old and I have lost 22 pounds making me 155 pounds, the lowest weight I have been in over 5 years. My goal weight is 130 pounds and I could use all the help and friends I can get!