Dating challenge

Options

Replies

• RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    My daughter kept me out shopping longer than I expected this afternoon and just got in from my date....I'll get your updated scores posted tomorrow. :smile:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

So telling someone your not into them instead of just poofing = 2 guys on OKC last night =25x2=50

Ok so I got antsy and went out last night ..dont judge lol....:glasses:

Going to a bar on your own-500
    Eye contact with a stranger =1x10=10- lots of single guys at my bar
    smiling at a stranger-1x10=10- Eye contact is nothing without the smile:bigsmile:
    Starting a conversation-5x5=25- Gotta love it when you go to get a drink and a guy is just standing there all by his lonely :devil:
    Flrting with someone -50x3= 150- big diference between talking and flirting.

New total-1992

Man last night was a blast

Going to the bar by myself-500
    Eye contact with a stranger =1x20=20
    Smiling at a stranger-1x15=15
    Flrting with someone -50x4=200

I wanna know do I get extra points if I flirted with 2 of these people at the same time :smokin:

new total 2727
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    PJ - you get points twice because you asked 2 coworkers. :)

I haven't been online over the weekend but before I left work on Friday, I ended up asking a 3rd coworker...OMG who am I? :laugh:
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    Stats as of 8:30pm EST, 13Jan13....

AA (0 - 99) -
    christine24t - 4
    4themoney - 31
    kerrymh - 56
    oualum26 - 62
    smallerbridesmaid - 62
    shammxo - 82
    lacroyx - 95

AAA (100 - 999) -
    grum84 - 169
    pa_jorg - 195
    kitsune - 224

MAJORS (1,000+) -
    will010574 - 2,075
    fitnesspalworks - 2,522
    jenbit - 2,727

We have a competition brewing .... :)
  • oualum26
    oualum26 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

AA (0 - 99) -
    christine24t - 4
    4themoney - 31
    kerrymh - 56
    oualum26 - 62
    smallerbridesmaid - 62
    shammxo - 82
    lacroyx - 95

AAA (100 - 999) -
    grum84 - 169
    pa_jorg - 195
    kitsune - 224

MAJORS (1,000+) -
    will010574 - 2,075
    fitnesspalworks - 2,522
    jenbit - 2,727

I must say I'm a bit intimidated by the people in the AAA and major leagues!!!! I thought about saying hi to someone today and cringed haha.
  • RunIntheMud
    Options

I must say I'm a bit intimidated by the people in the AAA and major leagues!!!! I thought about saying hi to someone today and cringed haha.

Don't be intimidated.... look at those within your group. :) That's why I broke it down. We all have different comfort levels in different situations. This is just to help you realize that it's ok to start smiling at people and talking with strangers. :) If I were playing, I'd be low as well because I rarely go to bars. Just try starting conversations with the person next to you at Starbucks sometime, or in the elevator....hehehe
  • oualum26
    Options

Don't be intimidated.... look at those within your group. :) That's why I broke it down. We all have different comfort levels in different situations. This is just to help you realize that it's ok to start smiling at people and talking with strangers. :) If I were playing, I'd be low as well because I rarely go to bars. Just try starting conversations with the person next to you at Starbucks sometime, or in the elevator....hehehe

Ya, I don't go out and I see the same people everyday. To say that I'm routine in my activities is an understatement! haha. Hence the reason I tried to participate in this, but I guess I need to see people to do it! haha
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

Ya, I don't go out and I see the same people everyday. To say that I'm routine in my activities is an understatement! haha. Hence the reason I tried to participate in this, but I guess I need to see people to do it! haha

I'm the same way. I have my routine and that's it. I have time usually to do things too, but I don't always have people to do things with. I am going to join a weight loss challenge in Feb so maybe that will help me get out there and meet some new people, even if they're 20 years my senior.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

AA (0 - 99) -
    christine24t - 4
    4themoney - 31
    kerrymh - 56
    oualum26 - 62
    smallerbridesmaid - 62
    shammxo - 82
    lacroyx - 95

AAA (100 - 999) -
    grum84 - 169
    pa_jorg - 195
    kitsune - 224

MAJORS (1,000+) -
    will010574 - 2,075
    fitnesspalworks - 2,522
    jenbit - 2,727

In my defense, I didn't go out at all this weekend... so watch out, Jenbit!!!! Hee hee!!! :)*
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Was a busy weekend full of going out...and going over my calories! Previous total 169 points.

Eye contact with a stranger = 1 point x 30 = 30 points (rough guess with all the bars/clubs)
    Smiling at a stranger = 1 point x 30 = 30 points (guessing but always smile with eye contact)
    Initiating an email (or wink) on a dating site = 1 point x 1 = 1 point
    Starting a conversation with a stranger in public = 5 points x 2 = 10 points
    Flirting with someone you don’t fancy = 10 points x 1 = 10 points
    Telling someone you’re not into them (instead of poofing) = 25 points x 1 = 25 points
    Attending any social event/function you wouldn’t normally = 30 points x 1 = 30 points (trying to be more social)

So this weekend brought in about 136.
    New total of 305. Wow, I am even impressing myself. Never took note of these things before.
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Was a busy weekend full of going out...and going over my calories! Previous total 169 points.

Eye contact with a stranger = 1 point x 30 = 30 points (rough guess with all the bars/clubs)
    Smiling at a stranger = 1 point x 30 = 30 points (guessing but always smile with eye contact)
    Initiating an email (or wink) on a dating site = 1 point x 1 = 1 point
    Starting a conversation with a stranger in public = 5 points x 2 = 10 points
    Flirting with someone you don’t fancy = 10 points x 1 = 10 points
    Telling someone you’re not into them (instead of poofing) = 25 points x 1 = 25 points
    Attending any social event/function you wouldn’t normally = 30 points x 1 = 30 points (trying to be more social)

So this weekend brought in about 136.
    New total of 305. Wow, I am even impressing myself. Never took note of these things before.

That's awesome!! :)
  • jenbit
    Options

MAJORS (1,000+) -
    will010574 - 2,075
    fitnesspalworks - 2,522
    jenbit - 2,727

I went out last night and have some new numbers lol

Eye contact with a stranger = 1 point x4 -slow night at the bar =4
    Smiling at a stranger = 1 pointx4 =-4
    Starting a conversation with a stranger in public = 5 points x2 =10
    Asking for/or giving out your phone number = 20 points x2=40
    Flirting with someone you fancy = 50 points x1 =he was cute =50
    Going to a bar on your own and flirting with someone = 500 points x1=500

New total 3335
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    From today:
    Initiating an email (or wink) on a dating site = 1 point x 10 = 10
    Any conversation on a dating site that makes it to 10 replies back and forth = 5 points x 5 = 25

195 + 25 (for Friday that i forgot to add in) + 35 points from today alone = 255 total
    I'm really trying to break free of this comfort zone!! :drinker:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    From today:
    Any conversation on a dating site that makes it to 10 replies back and forth = 5 points x 5 = 25

195 + 25 (for Friday that i forgot to add in) + 35 points from today alone = 255 total

You are killing it!!! I would say you are one of the bigger winners excluding the already very confident!

I smiled and made eye contact with my gyms maintenance man yesterday so 2 more points for me. I tried smiling at a man today but he looked down at the last second. I'm up to 6 now.
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    From today:

You are killing it!!! I would say you are one of the bigger winners excluding the already very confident!

I smiled and made eye contact with my gyms maintenance man yesterday so 2 more points for me. I tried smiling at a man today but he looked down at the last second. I'm up to 6 now.

Thanks Christine! This is really something I want to work on for myself this year, which is why i started the thread... You're doing great too!! Every small step can lead to bigger and bigger ones!! :flowerforyou:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I was at 224 On Thursday

Friday:
    Eye contact with a stranger = 1 point (X7) 7
    Smiling at a stranger = 1 point (X7) 7
    Starting a conversation with a stranger in public = 5 points (X3) 15
    Flirting with someone you fancy = 50 points (X3) 150
    Total for day: 159
    Running total: 383

Saturday:
    Eye contact with a stranger = 1 point (X4) 4
    Smiling at a stranger = 1 point (X4) 4
    Starting a conversation with a stranger in public = 5 points (X2) 10
    Total for day: 18
    Running total: 401

Sunday:
    I stayed home sick and watched Doctor Who all day.
    Total for day: 0
    Running total: 401

Monday:
    Flirting with someone you fancy = 50 points (X1) 50
    Total for day: 50

Running total: 451
  • oualum26
    Options
    Ok so at last count I was at 62, and I don't know if this counts, but since I'm in the rookie league I think it should =)

I joined a second gym today. I joined a Planet Fitness around my area cause I didn't like the machines at my other gym. But I love my other gym cause it has a pool and a spinning class. Also, the reason I was at my first gym is because I didn't feel self conscience, because the average age was 60. I didn't have to worry about someone my age seeing me, judging me, etc. So I feel joining this gym, with people in my age range, qualifies for the attending a social function thing which would give me 30 points.

While I was there I made eye contact with five people and tried to smile at one, but he looked down.

So therefore I think I'm at 35.5 points haha (considering he didn't see my smile).

Which would bring my total to 97.5 , if we count my new gym =)
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    Ok so at last count I was at 62, and I don't know if this counts, but since I'm in the rookie league I think it should =)

I joined a second gym today. I joined a Planet Fitness around my area cause I didn't like the machines at my other gym. But I love my other gym cause it has a pool and a spinning class. Also, the reason I was at my first gym is because I didn't feel self conscience, because the average age was 60. I didn't have to worry about someone my age seeing me, judging me, etc. So I feel joining this gym, with people in my age range, qualifies for the attending a social function thing which would give me 30 points.

While I was there I made eye contact with five people and tried to smile at one, but he looked down.

So therefore I think I'm at 35.5 points haha (considering he didn't see my smile).

Which would bring my total to 97.5 , if we count my new gym =)

I think you should count it since it's out of your comfort zone!
  • jenbit
    Options

MAJORS (1,000+) -
    will010574 - 2,075
    fitnesspalworks - 2,522
    jenbit - 2,727

New total 3335

Going to the bar on your own=500
    Making eye contact 1x5=5
    Flirting with someone you fancy =50 points

New total 3890

Btw how many points do I get for fending off 2 old guys who kept trying to grab at me without breaking one of there noses... One of them grabbed my butt :noway: :grumble:
  • jenbit
    Options

MAJORS (1,000+) -
    will010574 - 2,075
    fitnesspalworks - 2,522
    jenbit - 2,727

New total 3335

Making eye contact 1x5=5
    Flirting with someone you fancy =50 points

New total 3890

Btw how many points do I get for fending off 2 old guys who kept trying to grab at me without breaking one of there noses... One of them grabbed my butt :noway: :grumble:

Oh I love Fridays at the bar lol......

Eye contact with a stanger 1x10=10
    Smile at a stranger 1x=7
    Starting a conversation with a stranger in public=5x4=20
    Flirting with someone you fancy =50x3=150
    total 4577

Also turned down 4 drinks from 4 different guys because I was leaving within an hour and wanted to be a resposible adult and not drink more lol... However I did flirt with them afterwards because I wanted them to feel there efforts were appreciated lol a