Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• VibrantKrystle
    VibrantKrystle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 31 year, mother of a 10 year old boy and single by choice! I have been on a weight loss journey ever since my son was born. Never with goals, but more of a want to be healthier and active attitude. When I was approaching my 30th I set my first goal to get UNDER my pre-pregnancy weight. I attained that goal and have been determined to get more "toned/fit/defined/stronger" ever since.

I don't have much to lose, don't judge. My heaviest weight 187, my lowest 150, my comfy weight 155-157, CW 162 (damn holidays). I try not to focus on the numbers on the scale because being 5'7" and change I look smaller than I weigh. I go based on how I feel naked and in my pants.

I work 2 jobs, have my son 60% of the time and still have time to work out. I am at the gym 4x a week. It's the only time my mind shuts up and I can just be...if that makes sense.

I joined MFP because I like to hold myself accountable. Plus, me being active and healthy shows my 10 year old son great habits! Here is to continuing to be in the best shape in my adult life so far...
  • kristaleighwhite
    kristaleighwhite Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Krista; I'm 36 and from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. When I first joined (Nov 2012-ish), I was looking to lose about 30-ish pounds, and am down about 11 at this point with the help of myfitnesspal and a personal trainer. I have some bad habits, like a glass of wine after work every night, but am slowly changing my lifestyle. Feel free to friend me if you're looking for support. :smile: Looking forward to meeting more like-minded individuals!
  • ljtyler7
    ljtyler7 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am Laura and am 36 years old. My husband and I moved from Texas to the UK about 2.5 years ago. I was at my goal weight of 135 lbs in early 2010 for the first time since I was in my early 20's. I want to get back to my goal weight again and joined MFP in November and still have about 40 more lbs to go.
  • MTjessi_marie
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Jessi, a young 38 year old mom of 3, full time college student. Looking to lose about 50lbs, but starting with baby steps. Tomorrow is my first official day of dieting. I just bought a scale and a Zumba game so that I can get my groove on. Feel free to add me if you want a fun friend!
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group VibrantKrystle, Krista, Laura, and Jessi!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We have been doing a 3 Month Self Challenge, join us if you are interested. I believe it wraps up just before Valentine’s Day, which then I will start another. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

I have also started a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.
    Good luck on your journeys! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • Savsweetest
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Janeene. I am 32. This year I had the decision to lose weight and become more comfortable in my skin.
  • Taylormade_80
    Taylormade_80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined the group today . I'm 32 and have a very busy 3 yo daughter to keep up with. I'm so motivated to get health and fit and hope to find like minded people to help me keep that motivation going :)
  • LillyLove28
    Options
    Hi this is Lilly. I'm 32 and this is the year I'm going to get to my healthy weight, quit smoking for good and look great while Im at it... lol :-)
  • dajohn0v
    Options
    Hello, I am 32... I am single, and I have a son from previous marriage who lives with his Dad as well. I am working on my Bacholar's in Information technology with just a year or so left to go.
    I'm new to all of the groups and having support. I am 267 lbs and have realized I can't do this alone and actually I don't have to, so here I am! I am not to familier with all of the features of the website so any tips are helpful. Most important thing is I need and want support from others who know what I'm going through and even make some friends. I look forward to talking to you!
  • dajohn0v
    Options
    Tiff_doubleu - I love your quote at the bottom of your last post! I'm with you in this journey, I want to lose at least 130lbs.
  • JMo0412
    JMo0412 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Julia and I'm 31 yrs. old. I've been married for going on 8 years with two children.I work full time and my husband is active duty military. Looking to drop 30 lbs. I've been on that infamous weight roller coaster and I'm determined to get OFF! Please feel free to add me!! :-)
  • krysapod
    krysapod Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello All! My name is krystin. I am 32 years young and I just joined MFP once again. I am married with 2 cats and 2 dogs. I grew up a gymnast and a dancer. I was known for "my bod" in high school. A terrible loss at 22 put a lot of weight on me, and I have struggled for the last 10 years up and down. I had lost 40 lbs when I was about 26 but then I married a chef in 2007, and poof!! I'm looking to lose about 30 lbs and then we will go from there. :):happy:
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Janeene, Taylormade_80, Lilly, dajohn0v, Julia, and krystin!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We have been doing a 3 Month Self Challenge, join us if you are interested. I believe it wraps up just before Valentine’s Day, which then I will start another. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

I have also started a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.

Jo
  • Markus_7
    Markus_7 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi- I'm Mark. Jump-started my fitness/weight loss work by joining gym on New Years Eve...best decision I've made in a while! Doing yoga, playing tennis, walking/jogging, eating better, and a couple of my friends are meeting with me 1x/month to support each other/work on goals/keep each other accountable & updated with helpful info.- which is awesome and new for me.
    Good luck to everyone on accomplishing your goals!

“Opposition is a natural part of life. Just as we develop our physical muscles through overcoming opposition - such as lifting weights - we develop our character muscles by overcoming challenges and adversity.” ~ Stephen R. Covey
  • txsweetie82
    txsweetie82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi. New to the group and MFP.

I am 30yrs old (July baby). I am married to my wonderful husband (2nd marriage) and have 2 boys (6 & 12).

I started my *real* weightloss journey only yesterday. I have tried "diets" in the past but never stuck to anything and always gave in to the little will power I had. I dont think I ever had enough faith in myself and I get so bored with things very easily. Any who. Last year had to be the hardest year for me ever and I vowed to myself that I needed to start thinking a little of myself, taking care of myself and get myself together. So that is where I am at and what I am doing.

I want to do this for me! I want to be able to put on my boots and tie my shoes without hassle. I want to be able to challenge my oldest son at PT in his Young Marines and guide him to a fit and healthy lifestyle. I want to be able to practice and participate with my youngest son in all his sports. I want to be a role model for my kids! I want to look sexy (in my eyes) for my husband! I want to feel good about myself and feel good in my clothes. Not worry about buldges, pulling down clothes, wearing layers to hid fat. I want to shop and feel good about it dang it, lol!

So here I am today. I have set small term goals that advance up to bigger ones. My first was to get a gym membership (my first ever) and I did so! I enjoyed my second day at the gym today with 2 great girls who we have vowed to be workout buddies! I have the goal of eating right. So far so good. I have actually been tracking my food intake and excercise on here and I love that I can see right in front of me the good the bad and the ugly lol. Never before would I have done that, I would just think "Ain't nobody got time for that!" My next goal is too keep it up! I have a challenge from my boss to do it for 6 wks, challenge accepted. As of my weigh in yesterday (which is my biggest I have ever been) I currently weigh 261. My short term goal is to reach 200 and my long term is 150...

I know I can do this. I am already futher involved in my journey in the last two days than I ever thought I would be. I loving all so much in just this short time. My kids are excited for me and helping and joining in. My husband is such a great coach and cheerleader for me!

I GOT THIS... ONE DAY AT A TIME, ONE POUND AT A TIME!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Mark and txsweetie82!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Jo
  • imjustvalerie
    imjustvalerie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm Valerie. 33 years old, 9 year old son, and I'm a newlywed. I've gained and lost and gained and lost since I was in my teens. Now, I'm at my heaviest. I was overweight on my wedding day, and for me, that was the last straw. Fortunately, my husband, my sister and my sister's husband are all joining me in my weight-loss journey.

Having support is SO important. So here I am again. Be my friend, and I'll be yours!
  • GGeileen1
    GGeileen1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Gretta! I just joined! I am trying to put my life in order and my weight has gotten out of control. I just started today. Link to my profile: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/mutableair

For the first time in my life I have hit 200 lbs and gone over a bit. At 5'2 I am just a little ball of chub now. My boobs are huge and kill my back. I didn't realize how out of shape I had gotten until I decided to go for a walk and things that never hurt before began to hurt. i.e. Calves, back, sides, legs, etc. I realized it had become a serious problem and that I needed to get myself together. I know I am not technically 30 yet but I will be soon and I don't feel like a 20 year old anymore. I have joined because I want to get my groove back! All support and advice is welcomed!
  • GGeileen1
    GGeileen1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @tiff_doubleu Hi! I connected with what you said because I am just about to turn 30. I also really liked your quote!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Gretta and welcome back Valerie!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Jo
This discussion has been closed.