Ripped in 30 jan 2013 challenge!

Options

Replies

• livelifenow91
    livelifenow91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I know i'm halfway through the month, but can i still join in??? i did my first day of Ripped in 30 today and am excited for it. Did 30DS a few months ago and saw big changes...excited to see changes with this too, but know it's much better with people on here to talk to!!
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I know i'm halfway through the month, but can i still join in??? i did my first day of Ripped in 30 today and am excited for it. Did 30DS a few months ago and saw big changes...excited to see changes with this too, but know it's much better with people on here to talk to!!

Of course you can join! Feel free to drop in anytime and moan about Jillian or give any tips for sore wrists etc.
  • Amanda372
    Amanda372 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I went back to Week 1 today as my shoulders and triceps were quite achy yesterday (I could feel them when driving and changing gear!) I upped the weights and did much better than previously. Back to Week 2 tomorrow.

I have a feeling that I will be quite 'ripped' after this dvd - however the fat will be hiding it lol. I'm hoping one day the fat will just give up, disappear and wowzers, ripped muscles show through!
  • lizz2013
    Options
    I went back to Week 1 today as my shoulders and triceps were quite achy yesterday (I could feel them when driving and changing gear!) I upped the weights and did much better than previously. Back to Week 2 tomorrow.

I have a feeling that I will be quite 'ripped' after this dvd - however the fat will be hiding it lol. I'm hoping one day the fat will just give up, disappear and wowzers, ripped muscles show through!

Haha that's what I'm hoping to. i can see the muscles in my arms, but it just looks like one giant, misformed fat arm!

Week 2 done!!!! woooh! Going to have tomorrow off and then straight on to week 3 on Saturday! Halfway through :D Will take measurements tomorrow and hoping that at least the gain from Christmas is gone!
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options

@jahnca02-Welcome to the group! I agree it is better when you do the dvd with a group. I know it keeps me accountable for completing each week.
  • livelifenow91
    Options
    Thanks for welcoming me everyone :) How was workout week 1 for you guys? I know my muscles were quite sore and my legs were shaky, but I didn't have to stop at all....

not sure when i'm doing it tonight, but definitely at some point i will! :P
  • racerchick31
    racerchick31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Week 1, Day 4 complete!! =) YAY!!

@jahnca02 Hello!! I'm new here also. Week 1 is going ok for me so far. I had just completed her 30 day shred and thought I might as well jump into this one so I don't lose my daily exercise attitude. LOL ;) I'm glad to see another newbie! Everyone here is super friendly. You are doing great.

I agree it really helps to check in daily. I did in a 30 Day Shred Group and it was very motivating! :)
  • brenperez18
    brenperez18 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies!! ????

Week 2 day 5- check

Yesterday (I think) I reported the workout being more easy, however today felt like day 1!!! Maybe because I had a blah day. Almost done, I think I'm going to do the workout an extra day. I heard week 3 is the hardest so a little nervous.
  • livelifenow91
    Options
    did my second day of week one today! Was so sore from yesterday...it's obviously been wayyyy too long since i've exercised. my thigh muscles were killing me. but i did it anyways. it went well, i wasn't able to squat quite as low on most of those type of moves, but did what i could...

i also don't do the cardio part because i have people that live beneath me and get mad about me jumpin around at 1am... i normally just substitute other things for it, but sometimes i have trouble thinking of quiet, cardio-type moves on the spot. any ideas?
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Took some measurements today as I'm halfway through it. Already lost half an inch off my bicep!! Absolutely thrilled about that. And lost the extra inches I put on over Christmas and New Year, so I'm back to where I was straight after 30 day shred :D Hoping to lose another inch off my waist this month, so I'm going to try to do the 30 min HIIT cardio before every RI30 session. It is 30 minutes of the cardio section of Jillians workouts. So 1 minute of jump rope then 20 seconds rest, then 1 minute of plank jacks etc etc. Really hard but feels great!
  • aartir
    aartir Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I started doing the Ripped in 30 from January 13th. So far it's going good. I just came across this group. Hope I can join in this late. There is one issue I am a little confused about regarding the exercise. How many Lbs weight do you use while doing the Ripped in 30. Maybe the answer is out there somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Can someone please help me with this. Thanks in advance.

-Aarti
  • tdbernrd
    Options
    did my second day of week one today! Was so sore from yesterday...it's obviously been wayyyy too long since i've exercised. my thigh muscles were killing me. but i did it anyways. it went well, i wasn't able to squat quite as low on most of those type of moves, but did what i could...

i also don't do the cardio part because i have people that live beneath me and get mad about me jumpin around at 1am... i normally just substitute other things for it, but sometimes i have trouble thinking of quiet, cardio-type moves on the spot. any ideas?

I was really sore after doing a couple of days of week one. I had to take a break for a day so I could continue. I know your legs are hurting, but what about the kick boxing moves that she uses? There's one she uses during week one and another during week two. I'm at work so I'm a little brain dead as to what the names are. She also has the plank jacks and mountain climbers during week two instead of jumping you could do the modifier where they just tap.

@aartir-Welcome to group! The weight varies by person. I'm a weakling. I just graduated to 3 pound weights, but some are using 5. They're beastin' it!! One day I'm going to move up to the big girl weights, too.
  • aartir
    aartir Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @tdbernrd - Thanks. I started with 5lbs because those were the only ones I had at home. I usually( but rarely ) work out at the gym, so don't own a lot of workout equipment at home. I guess I should get the 3lbs weights because I end up doing the last circuit without weights as they get too heavy.
  • tdbernrd
    Options
    @aartir-I think it's great that you can do two strength circuits at 5 pounds. You're definitely being challenged. I need to get some 5 pound weights . It would be difficult for me to last one with that amount of weight, but I'm going to try. Good luck to you as you get ripped!

Ok . I completed week 3 day 1.:laugh: I have to laugh at myself. I sucked so bad, but tomorrow is another day and hopefully, I'm not so uncoordinated. I was glad to see B was back . I felt better seeing that she had trouble with that duck walk. I thought I was going to get knocked out by my own knee. Long legs are not meant to do that.
  • racerchick31
    racerchick31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello All! =)

I just wanted to check in and say....I completed Week 1, Day 5 earlier!!! YAY!! I don't know if I am losing anything yet....but wow do I feel better. I also like seeing muscles attempting to form. HA HA! I think under this flab I will have a great body...now if ONLY the fat will come off. :-/

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! =)
  • tdbernrd
    Options
    I found a low impact cardio workout for anyone that is interested. There are nine moves in it. http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/exercise-detail/Fat-Burning-Low-Impact-Cardio-Workout-at-Home-Recovery-Cardio-Training/e8/
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Day 6 of level 2 complete, on to week 3 in the morning.
  • livelifenow91
    Options
    i totally need some motivation for today. i need to still do my workout even tho i'm going to drink some. cuz it's important i think. any help motivating?
  • lizz2013
    Options
    i totally need some motivation for today. i need to still do my workout even tho i'm going to drink some. cuz it's important i think. any help motivating?

Do it Do it Do it :) Just imagine Jillian is there with you. You know she wouldn't accept any excuses not to work out. I've had trouble with motivation a couple of times and I always regret it when I choose not to.

So I started week 3! IT IS MAD! I love it because the moves are so unusual....but boy can I feel it today! Hoping for big results by the end of this week :D
  • Amanda372
    Amanda372 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    oh my! I did Level 3 this morning - I was rubbish! When I watched the dvd it looked so simple ... I couldn't even do all the hopping, I had to do the 2 footed jumps. Rock and roll - no chance, I did about 3 each time as I can't get up again - I have to lean to my right and push up on one hand.

Oh well, I can only get better!