Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• brey1986
    brey1986 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Aubrey, stay at home mom to a 2 yr old toddler boy. I have lost 60 lbs over the past year, and now am trying to finish toning up and losing my last 20 lbs or so! Waiting on my BR to arrive in the mail, should be here in the next day or 2. I've loved other Jillian DVDS so i'm sure this will be great. GOING TO JAMAICA in April, so it's time to get down and dirty!
  • Neener9831
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Nina. I started Body Revolution on 1/5/13, and I have lost 12 pounds so far. I have a lot to lose, but I have been very impressed by this program. My hubby is doing the program with me, which really helps because he is on board with doing the meal plan to a T. He has lost 8 pounds so far. I started this program because I had been listening to the Jillian Michaels podcasts since August, and I was truly awakened to a lot of things I have been doing wrong for so many years. I have always considered myself fairly healthy because we do mostly clean eating, but she really opened my eyes to why I was really weighing in at over 300 pounds. So our new year's resolution was to do Body Revolution. We started off the first week of the year, just getting prepared by cleaning out our house of any junk, doing a few of her recipes from the meal plan, and doing a few of the workouts just to try to strengthen up before we hardcored it. I am looking forward with talking with everyone in here to keep me motivated for these 90 days and beyond. :)
  • tygereyesfire
    tygereyesfire Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If any of you are a little off put by all the meat etc you can download some vegan recipies for her diet here: http://www.jillianmichaelsbodyrevolution.com/drtv/ecs/help.html They look nice so i would consider using them as a meat eater as well.
  • brey1986
    brey1986 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    NEED SOME ADVICE!! I just got JMBR in the mail today. Im really exited to start, but am currently on week 2 of ripped in 30. Should I finish it first or just go ahead with BR? I usually wouldn't worry about it, but I have a beach vacation coming up April 26th, which is like 14 weeks away..I HAVE to get bikini ready by then! Which way gets me there "better" lol...I know Jillian will whoop me either way, but im leaning twards droppin ripped in 30 for now. Does it really matter??
  • thogan03
    Options
    I did ripped in 30 previous to BR (I'm currently on week 5) and I've seen better results doing this workout. I don't follow the diet, so I probably would have an even better testimonial if I did, lol.
  • wade78
    wade78 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies (and Gents?),
    I'm Dee and live in the UK.

I've just received my pack today and will start on Monday. I've done the 30DS and RI30 with great results. I biught the body revolution as a christmas gift to myself and I hope I can stick with it. My plan is to do the kickstart first as I havent worked out in weeks. I wont follow the diet plan as my plan works for me.

Feel free to add me and I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress! I'm already inspired by you all!
    Dee
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hello Shannon, Aubrey & Dee... welcome to the group!
    NEED SOME ADVICE!! I just got JMBR in the mail today. Im really exited to start, but am currently on week 2 of ripped in 30. Should I finish it first or just go ahead with BR? I usually wouldn't worry about it, but I have a beach vacation coming up April 26th, which is like 14 weeks away..I HAVE to get bikini ready by then! Which way gets me there "better" lol...I know Jillian will whoop me either way, but im leaning twards droppin ripped in 30 for now. Does it really matter??

I'm a "I'll finish what i've started" kinda girl so i'd complete RI30 before moving on BUT the choice is yours! It's always exciting to make a start on a new programme. The early stages of BR eases you into the programme very gently so you may find it less challenging compared to RI30 (unless you do the kickstart week of course!). I'm just a few days away from completing phase 1 and i can see and measure changes. Give one of the BR workouts a shot and see what you think.
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    If any of you are a little off put by all the meat etc you can download some vegan recipies for her diet here: http://www.jillianmichaelsbodyrevolution.com/drtv/ecs/help.html They look nice so i would consider using them as a meat eater as well.

Thanks for that! I eat meat but do a lot of veg meals. :)
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hi! I'm Aubrey, stay at home mom to a 2 yr old toddler boy. I have lost 60 lbs over the past year, and now am trying to finish toning up and losing my last 20 lbs or so!

Wow you've has such brilliant progress, congrats! I'm pretty much done with my weight loss, and i'm looking to tone up with BR also.

I'm Nina. I started Body Revolution on 1/5/13, and I have lost 12 pounds so far. I have a lot to lose, but I have been very impressed by this program. My hubby is doing the program with me, which really helps because he is on board with doing the meal plan to a T. He has lost 8 pounds so far.

very well done to you and your husband Nina, it's sounds like you're destined for big changes by the end of the 90 days if you are are already doing so well in the early stages. I think it's great you and your husband are on this journey together.
  • cincomomma
    cincomomma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm Julie. I am a mom to twin 10 y.o. girls, and 5 y.o. triplet boys, and married to my best friend! Our life is crazy and chaotic, but we love it! I joined MFP last January. I lost 30 pounds last year and also did Jillian's 30 Day Shred most of the year and also used our treadmill. My hubby finally listened to my requests for JMBR and got it for me for Christmas. I just finished wk 2 in Phase 1. Should be done with 3 but a week long battle of sinus infections and kiddos with the flu set me back. I am really looking forward to this program.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hi Julie! Oh wow, twins and triplets! How lovely!

I have also completed 30 day shred, it was the first program that I ever stuck to and now I'm a huge Jillian fan!

Hope you are feeling better now!

Welcome to the group and all the best on your BR journey!
  • brandre
    Options
    Hi, I'm Brandi and starting tomorrow. I am really looking forward to it. So far I've completed 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 and loved them both. I've lost 5 pounds and 12.5 inches since October 29 using 30DS and RI30 which is a total of 35 pounds since April 2011. Now I'm fine tuning my eating and hoping for more results as I love how lean I am getting. I am doing the workout only, not the meal plan, as I am allergic to nuts, coconut and pine nuts which are used daily in the BR meal plan.

Here's to being lean in 2013 :)
  • missingone
    missingone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm Erica. I ordered JMBR early last week and am ANXIOUSLY waiting for it to arrive! My goal is to lose 20-25 pounds and get back to my ideal body weight, which I have not been at in 6 years. I had twins 5 months ago and in addition to having pregnancy weight to lose, we very unexpectedly lost one of our babies during delivery and I've been putting on weight ever since. You're not supposed to put on weight AFTER delivery! Looking forward to getting in shape and just feeling better.

I am not planning on following Jillian's diet. I'll be doing healthy, low-calorie breakfast and lunches, and eat a normal meal in the evening (while focusing on portion control and making sure I'm eating plenty of fresh vegetables) - and track calories on here. I'm doing this in an attempt to incorporate lifestyle changes, as I know I'll never stick to cooking the kinds of meals that come with the plan, as I've seen her recipes before.

Until JMBR gets here, I'll be continuing to do the 30-Day Shred video that I started last week. It's been a year since I've worked out, and it sure feels good!!

SO GLAD there's a group to keep motivated! Good luck everyone!!! :-)
  • crzy4me
    Options
    Hi, I'm Dee. I am starting JMBR this week. I got myself started on losing weight two weeks ago and have already lost 11 pounds. I really want to shred so I will start the 7 day kickstart portion on Thursday. I am having an evaluation done at the gym on Wednesday so I can start off with all my measurements. I have a very lofty goal to loose 70 pounds, but I am determined to do it! Luckily, I have been eating the same type meals that Jillian has with this program, mostly that is. I just eat too much and didn't exercise. I'm sure I will modify the diet a bit as my partner is a vegetarian and I do most of the cooking.

I am sure I will need the motivation and am very glad there is one here! Here's to the revolution!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Welcome Dee, Erica & Brandy!

You all sound so enthusiastic and focused... Such a brilliant mindset to be in. You have your plans and goals in check... Make it happen!!

i look forward to sharing your journeys with you!
  • karakreature
    karakreature Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just started today. Plan on doing the jump start this week but not strictly following the diet. Feel free to add me anyone that would like to. Good luck to all!
  • jackb08
    jackb08 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Amber. I started JMBR this morning. I plan on following the exercise plan only as I'm doing Herbalife as well. I have an in-home daycare and have been married to my husband for 12 years. We have 3 boys, ages 10, 7, and 4. I've lost about 13 pounds so far just doing Herbalife since September and have decided to include exercise to it as well to get to my goal faster. :)
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Welcome Dee, Erica & Brandy!

You all sound so enthusiastic and focused... Such a brilliant mindset to be in. You have your plans and goals in check... Make it happen!!

i look forward to sharing your journeys with you!

I second that! Welcome - always great to have a plan - makes success far more likely! You can do this!
  • cristino1985
    cristino1985 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It's great to see more people joining this group every day, the more support we have for each other the better right? Good luck to everyone and I hope you all enjoy the programme as much as I am.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Nice to have you as part of the group karakreature & Amber!

you sound a little outnumbered in your household Amber, just like me, i have 4 boys, well 5 if you count the hubby...he acts like a big kid sometimes!
    I'm sure Jillian will be a perfect accompaniment to your Herbalife! Here's to continued success! :drinker:

karakreature, many people on here aren't following the food plan either, that's where mfp macros can help us out!
    good luck on your kick-start week!