Welcome!!! (Introduce Yourselves)

Options

Replies

• AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Valerie and I am a 23 year old grad student who is studying curriculum and instruction. My focus is in middle grades education and I'm not 100% sure what I want to do with my masters yet, but luckily I'll have to teach for a few years before I can do much of anything with it so I have plenty of time to figure that out. I joined MFP at the end of October after hearing about the app from one of the girls in my classes. I cannot express how happy I was about finding it because as you all know being in college is way stressful and it's really hard to find the time to eat healthy and exercise. It's been really nice feeling accountable to people on MFP... it makes me want to stick with it. :smile:

CW: 212.5 lbs

Height: 5'8"

GW: 130 lbs (but that might change a little bit once I get close to the weight depending on how I look and feel.)
  • mnj777
    mnj777 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hey, I'm Mani :3
    I'm twenty-two x.x and I am a junior film major. I've had MFP for a bit but I never logged into the website D:
    I'm glad I did though. I never really thought of interacting with others when it came to weight loss but it'll probably be beneficial in the long run :3
    CW: 190.5 lbs
    HW: 210 lbs
    GW: 120-110 lbs
    Height: 4'11''
  • ifajardo27
    Options
    Hey!!
    I'm an 18 year old engineering major and I need to finally loose this weight!! I could really use any support because I always end up giving up :[ So I signed up for the Dirty Girl Run, I'm working out again and I hope to loose weight before my mom's wedding :]

CW: 230lbs
    HW:240lbs
    GW:170
  • Idrum23
    Options
    Hey guys im amber. Only in my second semester in college! I am new to MFP so this is my first group.

height: 5' 1

weight: 157 : /

goal: 120
  • toristory
    toristory Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey girls, I'm Tori! I'm a Mass Communications- Media Production and Creative Writing double major. I'm a junior in college, but I'll be graduating a year late since I didn't declare a major until the end of my freshman year.

CW: 254
    GW: 180
    Height: 5'11"
  • gfrede01
    gfrede01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My name is Gina and I'm a 22 year old, college senior! I have always struggled with my weight and I've finally had enough. I'm so glad that I found MFP because this seems like a great tool to aid in my weight loss. I think i'm always a failure because I try to do it by myself. I'm hoping that having this community will help me to be successful!

I can't wait to meet everyone! :smile:

CW: 230
    GW: 175
    Height: 5'1
  • katekickskanns
    katekickskanns Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Lindsey and I am a 21 year old nursing student in my junior year at Edinboro University in Erie, PA. I have been trying to stick to diet and exercise for the past couple of months, seeing friends lose 20 or 30 lbs and being complete discouraged. I'm hoping that I can find some friends in a similar boat that can help me reach my goal!
    CW: 205
    GW: 160
    Height: 5'6"
  • misspinkshorts
    misspinkshorts Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. My name is Amanda. Im looking for some support from people around my age who are dealing with trying to lose weight while in college. I've been doing MFP on and off for a year or so now but this time I am SERIOUS. I want to be happy and healthy when I graduate.

I am a Junior at Lock Haven University in Pennsylvania. I am studying Social Work and Minoring in Psychology. I wan to work in a Pediatric Hospital with children and their families.

SW: 220
    CW: 220 Im starting fresh TODAY!
    1st Goal: 199-- onderland!

Friend me please! I could use the support and encouragement to keep going!
  • ChabsHere
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I've been registered on MFP for a while now but the app was literally just sitting there on my phone, but I recently just took action to make this a serious attempt. I go by the name of "Chabs" and I'm a sophomore at Puerto Rico. Wish me luck! And feel free to add me, some inspiration and motivation would be great :smile:
  • hollykrumhp
    hollykrumhp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a sophomore at Berkeley. I've been totally slacking on recording my food intake and working out for the past year, which has caused me to gain quite a bit of weight (sorority 15, anyone?). I've been told by agencies that I could model--but my body is a bit far from the proportions they're looking for. Overall, I just want to get more toned and eat healthier, as I feel that I'm an unhealthy skinny-fat person.

Feel free to add me! Let's whip each other into shape! ;)

I'm going by measurements, not weight:
    CM: 34-25.5-37.5
    GW: 34-24-35 (I won't care too much if my boobs shrink though)
    Height: 5'8
  • victoriacannon
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Victoria, 19, and I currently attend Baker College. Im looking for some support from people around my age who are dealing with trying to lose weight while in college. I'm trying to loose that belly fat that seems to be impossible to loose! My boyfriend is currently in the army and loves the way I look now but I want to be comfortable showing off some skin for him in that sexy bikini this summer when he comes home. :D I've been working hard on dieting but more support the better! ADD ME and we can do this together! <3

CW: 173
    GW: 155
  • brittmalone2020
    Options
    Hi There! (: My Name is Britt! I'm a 19 year old Junior in college! I've been overweight pretty much my whole life. Now that I'm in college It's really starting to effect a lot of different aspects in my life for instance the biggest one is my self confidence. I love going out and having fun but not being able to shop in the same store as your best friends sucks! So I've finally dedicated myself to becoming a healthier me. I've lost 12 pounds so far and I'm 7 pounds from my first crossover! I'm really excited about that. I joined myfitnesspal for emotional support and to track my food. I also used to play softball and with me gaining weight that slowly went out the window and I really want to get back in there because its one of my passions along with singing. Being overweight effects everything! I can't singing as well as I'm able to because the weight effects my breath flow. I'm a bit shy but I'm looking forward to talking to you guys! I love making new friends! Looking forward to this long yet rewarding journey ahead of me! 146 pounds to go! It's a lot but I can do it! Well I guess that's enough for now (: hope to talk to some of you soon! :D

Love britt!

The cutie looking for her figure!

Height: 5'6
    SW: 318
    CW: 306
    First Goal: 298 (20 pounds)
    FW: 155-160
    Overall: 163 Pounds

I'm Ready! :D

Definitely looking for optimistic, uplifting fun people to talk too!
  • jhargrove1
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Jamie and I am a Senior at Chatham U. The reasons that I joined this site are that I am tired of sitting around being envious of the bodies that my athletic friends have. I was a high school athlete but I got an injury during my last championship match and gave up exercising while my shoulder healed. I have been healed up for a while but I got lazy and now and I am 4 sizes larger! I am sick of not fitting into my clothes and feeling like a slob in classes. I am motivated to lose this weight before I graduate because I don't need to be envious when I know I can exercise and stop snacking on everything in sight.

CW: 146

GW:125

Height: 5'5.5"

• misspinkshorts
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Its so great to meet you all. Hoping to get this semester kicked off in a healthy way. I haven't start classes yet but I will this coming Monday. I am also working 20 hours a week and I am majorly involved in some campus ministries at my college. Have most of you guys already started classes?

Have a great weekend everyone. Add me and we can support each other.

-Amanda
  • wisemanse
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am 20 and I am a senior in college and I have played sports all my life and I play 3 sports in college but I still cannot get control of my weight. All my life I have been told I need to be skinnier but this time I am finally doing it for me. I am already down 22 lbs but I have a long way to go. So glad this group got started its great to see college girls coming together to better themselves and encourage each other along the way! :)

CW= 243
    GW=180
    H= 5'11''
  • groovyspacezebra
    Options
    Hey Ya'll!
    My name is Elizabeth, and I'm a Sophomore in college.
    I've always struggled with my weight, and I FINALLY want to lose weight for real!
    I've ALWAYS been trying to lose weight, & every time I lose motivation!!
    But not this time!
    So glad I found this. It will help keep me accountable! <3

CW: 169
    GW: 139
  • hrush1889
    hrush1889 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined this group today
    I am a senior in college at SUNY Oswego, studying graphic design. My goal is to overal be toned at it and look awesome in a bikini. In the past I have worked out throughout college, but this past semester I completely stopped, I was too stressed and busy. I ended up loosing all my tone, now I just feel out of shape. And I gained a lot of weight and got some bad eating habbits. I have been on a diet a few days now, after recently discovering I have high cholesterol. I am trying to find new healthy things to eat and I am struggling with cravings for unhealthy things
    CW: 135
    GW: 120, might change, I just want to be healthy
    Height: 5'7
  • octobernightfall
    octobernightfall Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I'm glad to have found this group! :)

My name is Diana, I'm 20 years old and a third year liberal studies major! :)

My Goal Weight is ultimately 140, but I'm breaking down my goal by increments of ten pounds! I started off at 180 in the beginning of January, Now in febuary I weigh 170 lbs! Woot woot! My goal for March would be to have dropped another 10 pounds( or more if possible!) and so forth!

Oh! & I'm 5'4" :)

Ladies we can do this!!! Feel free to add me as a friend! We'll be each others support! :D
  • misspinkshorts
    Options
    Nice to see all the new faces. Hope everyone is having a great semester. Keep up the hard work on being healthy everyone!
  • alexiaphines
    alexiaphines Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! My name is Alex Hines, I'm a junior in small town KY. Just joined this network today, and started looking for a support group!

I'm 5' 5", 170ibs. My GW is 135-140. I'm just ready to be healthy! (and hoping to slim down a little in time for summer and swimsuit season!)

Please feel free to add me as a friend...I can use all the support I can get!