Bad *kitten* mother effer. :laugh:
  • darwinforyou
    darwinforyou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I'm so gonna start using bamf!!!
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm back. I kept lifting every other day but decreased the weight a bit/increased more slowly to rehab my shoulder. Tuesday I did workout A: squats 55 lbs, bench 30 lbs (two 15 lb dumbbells), rows 50 lbs, and glute bridges per the suggestion here. This morning I did workout B: squats 60 lbs, ohp 50 lbs, deadlifts 60 lbs, and glute bridges. I am going to buy squat stands for my home as was suggested in this thread - no gym membership for me. I weigh 150 pounds today and wearing size 4 skinny pants with heels to work, I look hot. I've lost half an inch on my butt/thighs in the last 2 weeks. I'm very happy! My goal weight is 140 pounds.
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I weigh 150 pounds today and wearing size 4 skinny pants with heels to work, I look hot. I've lost half an inch on my butt/thighs in the last 2 weeks. I'm very happy! My goal weight is 140 pounds.

That's awesome Clarita!

Glad to see you are healing up nicely as well!
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hello....I've moved over here from NROL4W, since the movements got too complex for my taste.

Started lifting in October, moved over to SL about a month ago. In any case, I'm on my 8th "A" workout (did it this morning).

Really loving this program, simple enough that I don't need a book right with me to know what I'm up to and no standing on one leg while lifting! For me, this is a huge plus.

Where I am currently:

Squats: 145, can do 5x5, but my knees have started to ache afterward, so I think I need to stay at this weight until they get a bit stronger. I also don't go past parallel by much due to an old knee injury. (Started at 60 in October)

OH Press: only 65, my upper body strength is less than exceptional. (Started w/bar only 45)

Bench Press: 70, again, upper body strength nothing to write home about. (Started at 55)

Rows: 105, but I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong, since it strains my lower back slightly. (Started at 70)

Deadlifts: 150 and I am adding next time. (Started at 50 with NR in Oct.)

I don't know if my progress is good or not, but I'm seeing muscle definition for the first time in my life. Not seeing much weight loss, but my husband keeps reminding me that I must be gaining muscle with this progress... I hope so, I miss seeing the scale move.

Anyway, hoping to get to know some of you.

Gina

You should deload from those numbers and build back up. That's the whole point of the program. Calculate your 1rm and drop 50% - you'll blast past these numbers. Seriously. And it will give you time to work on your form.

On the home front, deadlifts yesterday went okay. Mostly. 185 so at least I'm back where I was last year. *prods it sadly* I think I can do 195 next month though so that's where I'm heading.

Deload....actually, I hadn't thought of that. I'm still fairly new to this...going to have to look up how far down to go!

185 is AWESOME!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    I'm so gonna start using bamf!!!

It's kind of fun to say out loud as well. Try it a few times =)

ETA- Your pics are amazing. You should add them to your mfp pictures.
  • vashnic
    Options
    My third lifting workout. Have only dumbbells and a set of those zig zag bar weights, but feeling pretty badass! XD They do make me bend a bit farther than normal sized bars, though.

Squats: 70 lbs
    Benches: 40 lbs
    Barbell rows: 70 for the first three, but had to drop down to 60lbs :(
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Vashnic, is that a photo of you in your profile pic? :love: Damn, girl. I wanna be you when I... grow a decade younger. :laugh:
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Serious hammie/glute/quad DOMS today, but tried to workout anyway. Should've taken an extra recovery day. Could barely get through my squat warm-up sets, and ended up taking a 15# deload to do my work sets. Even then, I'm sure my form suffered.

How do you know when to try to push through the soreness, or give it up and take an extra day off? Should I back the weight way down and build up again?
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Wow! Lot's going on here since yesterday morning!

Darwin....pics are amazing! You look great!

Extraordinary....kill the 130 on your DL

Gina....welcome!

Vette....i agree with the ladies....back injury is no joke so take it easy for a bit longer!

As for everyone talking about yoga....yes do it! I didn't realize how great it would make me feel and I've only done it twice now. Some of those poses stretch parts of me that i never knew needed to be stretched! I am also working off a DVD and have no problems at all!

In other news.....I've been in Calgary for work since yesterday. After my hard *kitten* workout A yesterday morning my legs seized up while I was driving :laugh: Had to walk like a gibble into the restaurant for lunch omg lmao Still got on the treadmill this morning for some light cardio as per my normal routine but I have to say that i am super bummed as we went to the mall here and I couldn't find anything that fit me right :sad: I know how far I have come but man, it just really made me feel yucky! I'm feeling frustrated because nothing has changed in so long. Ugh. Oh well, I'll see what happens at the end of the month and then make adjustments if need be from there.

Happy Thursday all :flowerforyou:
  • vashnic
    Options
    Tomorrow is Friday that is something everybody should be happy about :drinker: :drinker:
    Vashnic, is that a photo of you in your profile pic? :love: Damn, girl. I wanna be you when I... grow a decade younger. :laugh:

Yes it is I! Do not be deceived though. :embarassed: I am decidedly pear shaped and probably carry 80% of my fats in the bottom half.:sad:

@Vegas, it sucks to find nice looking clothes that seem cute on the rack but end up not fitting quite right or looking off. I wish designers could all sit together an come up with a better sizing system than 2/4/6/etc.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Serious hammie/glute/quad DOMS today, but tried to workout anyway. Should've taken an extra recovery day. Could barely get through my squat warm-up sets, and ended up taking a 15# deload to do my work sets. Even then, I'm sure my form suffered.

How do you know when to try to push through the soreness, or give it up and take an extra day off? Should I back the weight way down and build up again?

I know by doing waht you just described. It only happened to me like, once on squats. If it happens SEVERAL times, then yes, but one bad day is just a bad day. They happen.
  • HolliCooper
    HolliCooper Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello Everybody! I'm new to the group and Stronglifts and I just wanted to say hi.
    I'm on session 3 and sticking to the recommended low weights as I am such a lifting beginner and need to work on my form first. But I'm still super happy with the progress this was my first 5x5 on all 3 moves yesterday! (my upper body strength needs some serious work so this is a big woop for me) I love it when I'm allowed to add more weight next time!
    Glad to hear so many women are using the programme and getting such good results!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Argh. Forgot to set my alarm last night, so slept through gym. ****. Now I'm going to have to venture into the gym when other people actually do tonight...

Welcome to all the new people. Darwin, you're looking great; saw the pictures in the bulky thread but didn't comment there.
  • LKG31
    LKG31 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    TGIF Ladies!!!!

Sounds like everyone has been killing it this week. And I too will be using BAMF from here on out!

Had a great workout last night and DOMS is starting to settle in this morning, which I love!

2nd day of week 3:

Bench 55
    Squat 80
    Row 50

I increased all these by 5 since the last workout and it felt great!!

Sidenote: Last time I did the OHP, I had a really sore neck the next day. I had 3 bulging discs about a year and a half ago, caused numbness in arm, lots of pain. I have been feeling good as of lately, and I don't want SL to cause a flare up. Any suggestions on form during OHP?? I thought mine was OK but maybe I need to make some adjustments!
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I've had a virus for the last 4 days. No lifting, and not only that, but no running in prep for my 10k on Sunday.

I am not a happy bunny at the moment, especially as I cracked 35lbs BP last time I got to lift - it's big thing for me :smile:
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    One thing that helped me with OHP was to widen my stance, keep my toes pointed out a bit, and to widen my grip as well.
  • darwinforyou
    darwinforyou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Great job all of you BAMF Ladies!!! I like checking in to see what numbers people are dropping. It's awesome!!! Keep it up!

And what bamfordinary said there about widening your stance, that helped me with my OHP as well. Gives me a solid foundation when I'm pushing up.

Welcome HolliCooper!
  • HolliCooper
    HolliCooper Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Darwin - you look fantastic!

Carlita - totally jealous of the size 4, don't think I'll ever get there. I'm almost 150 and still in a 10, would love to be 140 and in a 6

Lauren - also, make sure your are tightening your core and back muscles to keep you stabilized.

It feels so good to be back at lifting, and no more hip issues so far. This morning's numbers

Squat - 90 lbs 5x5
    OHP - 60 lbs 5x5
    Deadlift - 105 lbs 1x5

Still easy to move, so got a bit of time before I gotta worry about stalling out, thankfully