February Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    This challenge is really helping me! I get THAT feeling that comes before I go off, and I may graze a little, but no major overeating and :heart: No binge: bigsmile:
    Want to, though....

Me: 8
    Binge: 0
    Me: 9
    Binge:0
  • peanutbutterrunner
    Options
    Michelle - 5
    Binge - 4 (2/3, 2/7, 2/8, 2/9)
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    February 2013

December 2012: 19/12
    January 2013 : 23/08

Terry - 7
    The Binge - 2

Logging days - 9 / 28
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    2/9/2013

the binge: 0

Days logged: 9/28

So hard fighting it tonight, the worst it's been by far since I started MFP. So. Damn. Hard.
    But I won.
  • Chibea
    Options
    Me - 5.
    Binge - 3.

Utter despair. I hate myself so much right now. This is not a minor binge, but a really severe one, at least 6000 calories, staggered over the morning hours from 5am til 11am. Going to take me weeks to undo this. Never again. I am so done with this, even if I have to starve it out of myself.

That was a horrible one!! It is past and I know you know not to starve yourself because I have seen your posts in other forums. All these emotions are what get us into the food. Be scientific about this binge. We are binge eaters. Fact. We are here to challenge and motivate ourselves and others to stop doing that. Fact. You had a binge - or the binge had you, Fact. Be objective as if you were a caring friend to yourself and look at what happened rationally to see if there was a trigger that got it started. Emotions will keep you in the food, but using your intelligence will give you a way out.

I am telling you all this partially because I need to hear it. It has really worked well for me in this weight loss business to look at it more as eating well and not using food for anything except nutrition. The weight loss will come naturally when we get that in order. I don't really have any pleasant alternatives except to keep trying.:noway:
  • Chibea
    Options
    This challenge is really helping me! I get THAT feeling that comes before I go off, and I may graze a little, but no major overeating and :heart: No binge: bigsmile:
    Want to, though....

Me: 8
    Binge: 0
    Binge:0

Change this to : Me: 8
    Binge 1
    I felt guilty because I didn't get work done today that really needs doing. No reason, just lazy. Up until 2 am feeling anxious and ashamed of myself and , finally eating and eating until I feel sick. I know what I did wrong and will do better tomorrow.
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    me 8
    binge1
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Me 10!
    Binge 0
    I'm really pleased with this because last night I was 'on the edge'. I had to eat upto my calories and although I thought it was a 'safe food' apparently it wasn't. So 'go me!' yeh!
  • Fatandfifty3
    Options
    Me 10!
    Binge 0
    I'm really pleased with this because last night I was 'on the edge'. I had to eat upto my calories and although I thought it was a 'safe food' apparently it wasn't. So 'go me!' yeh!
    I don't know about everybody else but I'm finding this thread really useful.
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    2/9

Me: 7
    Binge: 2
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Greeky - 4
    Binge - 4 (2/1, 2/5, 2/6, 2/8) I think I only logged one of these binges.

I haven't wanted to check in because I feel like I'm THE ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNLY person who is struggling, oh poor me. I need to get off the pity pot.

You are definately not the only one!!! I would have had a horrible month on January. We have all been there.
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    February 2013:
    Karen 7
    The Binge 2

Days Left 19
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Feb 10 2013

Colleen 8
    The Binge 1
    Days finished logging 8

2013 stats:
    January 22/9

Yesterday was straight-up scary. It was the first time in a very long time that I was able to DIRECTLY pinpoint the triggering event to the urge. In a nutshell, I was at an event where a husband/wife couple that does not like my fiance and I were ignoring us and talking badly about us to other people. It really threw me for a loop. It was the first time I actually wanted to go out to the store and frantically search for something to binge on. My fiance told me that it wasn't a good idea, and he was right. So while I didn't go all-out and get some of my tried-and-true trigger foods, I just said "*kitten* it" and didn't care about having a healthy dinner. I also drank too much. I just didn't care.

But I will journal about it and make a note that I feel awful today. I have decided that for the time being, it may be best to avoid places where these people will be. Fiance and I don't know what the hell we did to make these people hate us so much, but we've made drama-free attempts to talk to them about it and not bring other people into it. They've ignored our attempts to talk and have decided instead to keep snubbing us from invites and talk about us behind our backs. I just want to put this behind me. Thanks for listening. :flowerforyou:
  • MissBum
    MissBum Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    MissBum-> 3
    TheBinge-> 6

Days Unlogged->3

Ouch. I am not having a good month. I want to succeed so bad in the mornings and then by bedtime I'm just so defeated!
  • Fatandfifty3
    Options
    Feb 10 2013

Colleen 8
    The Binge 1
    Days finished logging 8

2013 stats:
    January 22/9

Yesterday was straight-up scary. It was the first time in a very long time that I was able to DIRECTLY pinpoint the triggering event to the urge. In a nutshell, I was at an event where a husband/wife couple that does not like my fiance and I were ignoring us and talking badly about us to other people. It really threw me for a loop. It was the first time I actually wanted to go out to the store and frantically search for something to binge on. My fiance told me that it wasn't a good idea, and he was right. So while I didn't go all-out and get some of my tried-and-true trigger foods, I just said "*kitten* it" and didn't care about having a healthy dinner. I also drank too much. I just didn't care.

But I will journal about it and make a note that I feel awful today. I have decided that for the time being, it may be best to avoid places where these people will be. Fiance and I don't know what the hell we did to make these people hate us so much, but we've made drama-free attempts to talk to them about it and not bring other people into it. They've ignored our attempts to talk and have decided instead to keep snubbing us from invites and talk about us behind our backs. I just want to put this behind me. Thanks for listening. :flowerforyou:

Firstly (((hug!))) and hear hear! Well done you for succeeding !
  • nemelkb
    Options
    You are not the only one. Be proud of the days you havent felt the need to binge. What made those days so great? Use other's as motivation.....Use yourself as motivation. You got this!!!

Greeky - 4
    Binge - 4 (2/1, 2/5, 2/6, 2/8) I think I only logged one of these binges.

I haven't wanted to check in because I feel like I'm THE ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNLY person who is struggling, oh poor me. I need to get off the pity pot.
  • nemelkb
    Options
    Me- 8
    Binge- 1

I almost just had a binge. No one was home and I was feeling to rush of being able to sneak around and eat crap food. I started with a few almonds, then a few pieces of chocolate and thought....WAIT...STOP.....there are so many other strong people on MFP that have not binged. If they can do it, so can I.

Thank you all for serving as an inspiration and motivation!
  • MPJS
    MPJS Posts: 465
    Options
    Hi everyone

me 5
    binge 5
    agh this is hard but like keeping track!
  • MSP107
    MSP107 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Me - 2
    Binge -1

last night I had a binge havent thought about it yet just posting
  • MSP107
    MSP107 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

me 5
    binge 5
    agh this is hard but like keeping track!

yes it is(((hugs))))