Options

Replies

• salu1975
    Options
    Well said, completely agree!!
  • kemit1976
    kemit1976 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am new to this group and feel at home when I am reading i am not alone reading others posts..

I over eat when i feel over whelmed with life, when my children are sick, my son has been very ill last three days and i have comfort eaten as it makes me sad seeing him ill he has autism and he doesn't understand getting sick .

Time of the month, i came of depo contraceptive last June and now i am starting to get pms for the first time like i can ever remember, and I am eating really bad..
    when I am tired i will over eat.. like now i should have had an afternoon nap but i couldn't as son was awake and no carer for him.

Usually i can over come over eating and do other things but i am at the moment finding it really hard.. :frown:
  • hollyjjohnson
    hollyjjohnson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have to say that the entire month of February makes me overeat. Locked in cold weather, don't get much sunshine or daylight, January is over and the attitude of "new year, new goals" is over...Totally emotional eating.
  • rvfamily4
    Options
    Yep! That's the full list.

I look back- and since I have been battling my weight since grade school that was a long look- I used ever excuse to eat. My family always used food to celebrate, to deal with loss, etc.

I now eat much better than I have in a long time but the weight has gone no where. Yes, I know what you are thinking but I have changed from eating out a lot and eating a lot of meat to a flexatarian lifestyle. I think my system is so messed up that not much happened. So, wanting to get healthy I am now eating the same but paying more attention to portions.

I have also been terrible at exercise. I hate it! So I am trying to change my mindset on that as well.

A lot to work on :)
  • ezBrizy
    ezBrizy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with @operationfatb. I'm in the same boat. I just love food, everything from grandma's kitchen to five star restaurants. The Food Network sends me into a frenzy! I tend to indulge the most when I'm celebrating. Of course I get the fat girl blues and grab a cupcake or cheesecake as comfort food. Winter is also a bad time for me because I always want the down home, stick to your ribs, type foods which usually translates to lots of carbs.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    well insecurites can make me overeat. My boyfriend of 6 years told me he had a crush on a girl at work and it was partly because she had a better body then me. I went home and ate a whole bag of fun sized snickers,kit kats and sour candy
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I overeat when I'm sad, feel alone or am stressed. If I feel like I have failed I will overeat as well because I give up and feel that I can't do it and I'm not meant to.
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    well insecurites can make me overeat. My boyfriend of 6 years told me he had a crush on a girl at work and it was partly because she had a better body then me. I went home and ate a whole bag of fun sized snickers,kit kats and sour candy

I've done that too. Its so hard when the person we're with doesn't find us attractive anymore or is interested in someone else. Its important to remember that we are awesome and amazing no matter what :)
  • red_road
    Options

I've done that too. Its so hard when the person we're with doesn't find us attractive anymore or is interested in someone else. Its important to remember that we are awesome and amazing no matter what :)

yeah what pisses me off the most is all this is starting once im finally losing weight. Now i feel like im losing weight so my boyfriend doesnt leave me? Screw him. Luckily i didnt let that one binge completely derail all the hard work i have been doing and today im back in the saddle.
  • mamawoz
    mamawoz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I overeat when......
    Im sad
    Im angry
    Im happy
    Im lonely
    Im bored
    Im stressed
    Im at a party
    Im at a family get together
    I want to make myself feel better
    Ive accomplished something, overeating is like a "treat"

So yeah....I think thats pretty much it!

You are so not alone. Wish there was an answer or someway to "cure" this. I just want to be a normal person again.
  • mamawoz
    mamawoz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    While I am totally in the same boat as all of you (and I've joined the binge eater group too, cause that's me too) I have to say I am encouraged by all of your successes. I'm in the place where I just want to quit but I'm thinking if others with these same challenges can make such strides, then I have no excuse.
  • ijavagypsy
    Options
    Do you suppose that you should appreciate your boyfriend's honesty, or do you think you should trade him in for a better model?
  • red_road
    Options
    Do you suppose that you should appreciate your boyfriend's honesty, or do you think you should trade him in for a better model?

while i appreciate the honesty i dont know if that gets him bonus points since im very honest with him too. Did i mention he also said that he had "been considering going on a few dates with her in secret" but decided against it because he didnt want to lose me. I kinda want to go to couples counseling but we cant really afford it right now.
  • M131972
    M131972 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tend to overeat when I don't loose my goal weight for the week or when I am stressed. I would really like some tips on how to stop. Any advice is much appreciated.
  • paulipet
    Options
    Sheer boredom. Especially when I am somewhere with no way to alleviate that boredom except by finding something to eat!
  • MrsRogers2010
    Options
    Any kind of bad news. :grumble:
  • shoppingdiva2011
    shoppingdiva2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I tend to overeat when I am stressed as well or just plan tired and wanna sit in front of the TV and eat for comfort. But last night I was having a bad day so I went home and did Turbo Jam and ellipitical for 20 minutes . My butt was sore and my hips were sore this morning.
  • LadieTink
    LadieTink Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I overeat when......
    Im sad
    Im angry
    Im happy
    Im lonely
    Im bored
    Im stressed
    Im at a party
    Im at a family get together
    I want to make myself feel better
    Ive accomplished something, overeating is like a "treat"
    ... Yep
    So yeah....I think thats pretty much it!
    I second that..lol
  • garyobesedeleted
    garyobesedeleted Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I no longer overeat, I did six weeks to omg and lost 23lbs. I highly recommend it.
  • MommyLovesHerFurBabies
    Options
    I overeat because I love food! I adore it, its my friend, its my confidont, my secret hiding place, my happiness, my consoler, my hero..........

It is also my worst enemy!

I now realise that it doesnt love me as much as I love it and that I need to leave this bad relationship!

I couldn't have written this any better!
    I love food no matter what mood I'm in. I eat a LOT more when I'm stressed, bored or depressed but no matter what I love food and love to eat!