NY Cheesecake morph

Options

Replies

• tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    bumping, as it is my mission to make a prot-heavy cake that even my wife will approve of!
  • aarikadanielle
    Options
    Bump
  • ChocoCheeseaholic
    ChocoCheeseaholic Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    These look amazing and I could definitely use some healthy-ish dessert recipes.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I added 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon and half a cup of raisins to the original recipe. This is by far the best one I've made. The raisins could be left out too because the cinnamon cheesecake was the star here. I hope nobody's offended that I already started eating it.

104f6u8.jpg
  • flutternfly
    flutternfly Posts: 123
    Options
    Bump! I wish I'd found this 4 weeks ago! Can't wait for my current contest to be over so I can try this. Yum!
  • ordnaj3la1
    ordnaj3la1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Charlottesometimes23 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Bump. So excited to try this!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    nommmmmsssss bump
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    thanks I need more cheesecake!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I want to try to make a chocolate peanut butter cheesecake using the original recipe on page 1, and I also want a thick cake in a 9" pan.

I was thinking of doubling the ingredients listed for my 9" pan to make it nice a thick, or at least doing 1.5 times larger. How will this change the cooking times listed?

For the topping, I was thinking of taking some chocolate baking chips and Reese's baking chips and melting them down, then pouring on top of the finished cake...unless someone has a better idea for the topping that does NOT include PB2? I want to use either "real" peanut butter or even something like crumbled Reese's here. I'm not a "clean" eater, lol. Sugar and fat don't scare me.

I have no pictures, but I have been eating pumpkin cheesecake everyday of my life since last October. My recipe for pumpkin cheesecake is different from what you guys have listed in this thread, though. I use:

12 oz. fat free cream cheese
    12 oz. Greek yogurt
    1/2 cup Splenda
    2 whole eggs
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 tsp nutmeg
    1 tsp ginger
    1 tsp salt
    1 whole can of organic pumpkin puree
    10 tbsp fat free sweetened condensed milk

The cooking times are the same as your recipe, and I use a 9" spring form pan. I also make my graham cracker crust out of 6 graham cracker sheets mixed with 1/4 cup of butter and 3 tbsp Splenda. I've been considering using more graham crackers to make the crust thicker, but it tastes good like this anyway.

Anyway, any advice or suggestions on the choco-PB one that I am planning?
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    I think your choc pb plan sounds like a good one to me. I have choc peanut whey but otherwise I'd just do choc whey and some pb2 or pb in the actual cake and probably top with melted dark choc & pb or pb2 depending on what fits macros :smile:
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    OK, this is what I did:

32 oz Philly Cream Cheese - Fat Free
    12 oz. Chobani 0% Greek Yogurt - Plain
    4 large eggs
    2 egg whites
    1 cup skim milk
    1 cup granulated Splenda - (1:1 replacement with white sugar)
    3 scoop Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey in Vanilla Ice Cream flavor
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    6 tbsp Hershey's cocoa powder
    1/4 cup Skippy Natural peanut butter

This makes a cheesecake in a 9" spring form pan that is nearly as tall as the pan, so it's about as thick as those 6" cakes on page 1 of this thread. I cooked it for the same amount of time as well.

Man, is this thing AWESOME. I cut it into 8 slices and each one has:

279 calories
    15g carbs
    7g fat
    34g protein

I made it with a graham cracker crust which is 6 cinnamon Honey Maid grahams crumbled up and mixed with 1/4 cup of Smart Balance Omega-3 butter and 3 tbsp Splenda. The crust adds 90 calories, 10g carbs, 5g fat, and 1g protein to each slice.

I actually didn't even put a topping on the cake. It's awesome as is.

For my next creation, I was thinking of using the exact same recipe without the cocoa (just a peanut butter cake) and then drizzling some Hershey's chocolate (sugar free, made with Splenda) on top of each slice.

I haven't taken a picture of this cake, though. Maybe I will later on, but it didn't cave or do anything weird...so the picture would just be a plain looking cheesecake since I didn't top it. But I am dreaming about eating that second piece later on!!!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    WINNER!

I want a pic :tongue:
  • whitney_elyse
    whitney_elyse Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Saving this! :)
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    WINNER!

I want a pic :tongue:

I took a picture of it, and as soon as I remember how to post them in threads, I will see about getting it on here. :flowerforyou:
  • america_c
    america_c Posts: 60
    Options
    OMG getting a pan just to make this cheesecake!!
  • CindyTatiana16
    CindyTatiana16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to try this out!
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    I'm attempting another pumpkin cheesecake later this afternoon. Using the basic recipe on page one, I am doubling it to be tall enough for a 9" pan, taking out the milk and subbing with a can of pumpkin, and then spicing it up with cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.

Because I am boring, lol, the topping is just going to be Cool Whip. :flowerforyou:

I made a pumpkin one yesterday that turned out disastrous, and I think it was because of the milk. I shouldn't have used it when adding the pumpkin because it was just too goopy. And when I took the side of the spring form pan away, it "melted," haha. :laugh: I don't want to take out the yogurt because I love the flavor, but I can do without the cup o' milk

Looking forward to trying it!
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    OK, this was quite possibly the BEST cheesecake I have ever made!!!

4 boxes of 8-oz. fat free Philadelphia cream cheese
    1 cup of Splenda
    4 eggs
    2 egg whites
    12 oz. fat free plain Greek yogurt
    1 whole can of Libby's pumpkin puree
    3 scoops of vanilla protein powder (I used ON Gold Standard Whey, vanilla ice cream flavor)
    1 tbsp cinnamon
    2 tsp nutmeg
    2 tsp ginger

This was baked in a 9" spring form pan on top of a crust made of:

6 cinnamon flavored Graham crackers, crumbled
    3 tbsp Splenda
    1/4 cup melted butter

I cooked it for 45 minutes on 325 degrees and then an hour on 200 degrees.

The cake is pretty heavy, and it is also 3" tall. I cut it into 8 slices, and each slice has 348 calories, 6.9g fat, 29.2g carbs, and 34.9g protein (that is the cake + crust).

I did NOT spray the pan before baking or use parchment paper. I took a small amount of butter and greased the pan. I found that doing this does not change the taste of the cake as cooking sprays tend to do, and it definitely does not stick to the pan either.

If you are using a 6" pan, I would suggest using the original recipe on page 1, omitting the milk and adding 1/2 can of pumpkin puree. I doubled the ingredients and omitted the milk to make the tall 9" cake, and I also increased cooking time.

My husband is still laughing at yesterday's disaster cake, and because of that, this awesomeness of a cake I made today is ALL MINE, mwahaha! :bigsmile:
  • sugarkane1234
    sugarkane1234 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump