February Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Me: 20
    Binge: 4

"This has been a good, not perfect, week. .........etc...etc..... So, I really haven't felt the desire to binge since then. "

ABOVE :
    Quoting myself from part 1 of this forum...

Me;20
    Binge: 5

Doesn't really surprise me that as soon as I claim success, I binge.
    I like Ashleyolivia's challenge - this will be my final score for February: 23 to 5, my favor!! Only three days left!! Challenges help me a lot!!!
  • MPJS
    MPJS Posts: 465
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Miss mollie thank you for doing this thread it has helped !! and I am so in for next month!!

me 15
    binge 11
    day by day learning where the real problem is, ok so now that I know where do you go from here how do all of you deal with the binge? or how do you not binge???
  • mamawoz
    mamawoz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Miss mollie thank you for doing this thread it has helped !! and I am so in for next month!!

me 15
    binge 11
    day by day learning where the real problem is, ok so now that I know where do you go from here how do all of you deal with the binge? or how do you not binge???

First off, congrats on figuring out where your problem lies. That's huge! Now that you know you can focus on fixing the problem. Is is the time of day, the weather, stressful situations, having something all your own? Knowing is half the battle. I wish I knew. Being close to success, being a failure, being sad, tired bored, all of it seems to be a problem. I'm beginning to think the problem is just me. Don't know what to do about that. If you can, please post your findings or solutions. It really is helpful.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Me - 17.
    Binge - 9.

In what in the past has always led to binges. Being at my mum's to stay a few days, and she has cookies and cereal around and I tend to usually end up totally letting go while here and not only having the meals out, but also binging before bed. Am determined to not do this on this occasion. I feel very fat though, almost after the first meal here, I feel as if I have gained a load of weight. Beginning to wonder if the weight training and resistance cardio I am doing are making matters worse. I just feel so big. First meal here was a half rotisserie chicken with baked potato and corn on the cob, a meal I have never had before. Usually have chicken breast, baked, no skin. Feel so fat now. Not over calories, but am so so bloated.
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Me - 22
    Binge - 4

Binge free for 10 days.

Graelwyn, I am a MESS at my mom's house!!!! I don't know if it's because I feel so "homey" there or what, but I eat like a freaking HORSE!! My mom is also my best eating and drinking buddy...all one of us has to do is just mention a bottle or wine or ANY food and the other one jumps up happily to open it. :) We are NOT good for each other in this way! Hard though because it's so fun. Until afterwards...
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Sun 02/24/13 08:30 PM
    February 2013

December 2012: 19/12
    January 2013 : 23/08

Terry - 22
    The Binge - 4

Logging days - 24 / 28
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    February 2013

2/26/13

Me: 26
    the binge: 0

My parents are leaving tomorrow. It's been a good visit, and I'm looking forward to getting back to the normal swing of things. We had a fantastic dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, and I had already told myself that I was going to mindfully go over my calorie goal today. I had a delicious Hawaiian snapper with spinach and sweet potato purée, a cocktail, and two glasses of wine. I even had dessert. I'm amazed but I chose the cheese board, and it was a good choice. High in fat but good protein, and the only sweetness came from some candied walnuts and honeycomb. Nothing that made me feel bingey. It was a good splurge.
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm determined to finish the rest of the month binge free!

Me: 21
    Binge: 5
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    February 2013

Diane: 12
    Binge : 14
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    2-27-12

Jul: 19
    Binge: 8 (2/3, 2/5, 2/7, 2/8, 2/13, 2/14, 2/15, 2/20)

I hope a binge is just not hanging over me...I've been perfect paleo for about a week but not the total best with calories. I'm ranging between 1,100-1,600..and I hate that I feel guilty for being above 1,200! But, it's a slow process and I'm accepting that.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Me - 17.
    Binge - 10.
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Feb 28 2013

Colleen 22
    The Binge 4 (2/9, 2/10, 2/22, 2/23)
    Overate, but within weekly limit: 2 (2/16. 2/24)
    Days finished logging 20

2013 stats:
    January 22/9

Closing on our new house tomorrow. Not the healthiest of choices but no "out of control" eating. It's a great feeling, actually :-)
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Sun 02/24/13 08:30 PM
    February 2013

December 2012: 19/12
    January 2013 : 23/08

Terry - 23
    The Binge - 4

Logging days - 25 / 28
  • rincoglionita
    Options
    Closing on our new house tomorrow. Not the healthiest of choices but no "out of control" eating. It's a great feeling, actually :-)

Congrats on the house, Colleen! And you're right that staying in control is a fantastic feeling! Congrats on your good day! :drinker:
  • rincoglionita
    Options
    February 2013

2/27/13

Me: 27
    the binge: 0

I made some not-so-smart food choices this evening and blew through my calories and then some. It pi$$ed me off, so I actually got off my duff and exercised tonight. By chance, I did enough exercise that it put me exactly 12 calories under my exercise-elevated limit. I'm annoyed with myself for eating stupidly (not a binge, though; not by a long shot), but I feel good about doing something positive about it instead of feeling powerless and out of control.
  • Rukia_Kuchiki
    Options
    Feb 27th
    Me:22
    Binge:5
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    2-28-13

Jul: 20

Though it's not my best, I had 9 binge days in November & December but only 4 in January. Still feel okay about this but ready for March!
    I've been logging in earlier in the day and feeling more confident when I do. I know I don't want to go back and change it. I've also made a consistent effort to eat between 1,200-1,600 cals a day and not starve. Keep truckin' :smile:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    February 2013

Diane: 13
    Binge : 14
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    2-27-12

Jul: 19

I hope a binge is just not hanging over me...I've been perfect paleo for about a week but not the total best with calories. I'm ranging between 1,100-1,600..and I hate that I feel guilty for being above 1,200! But, it's a slow process and I'm accepting that.

Please don't feel guilty for going over 1,200 calories. That is my problem and it only leads to a binge. I am pretty tall, so 1,200 calories is WAY too little for me. It seems when I go over my allotted calories even just a small amount that can also lead to a binge--trying to change that mindset. So hard!!
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 20
    Binge 7

Well not great, I ended up getting food poisoning the other day even though I felt like I was dying I kept thinking, well at least these past 2 binges over the weekend won't make me gain weight--so sick. I haven't had much of an appetite the last couple days so now I am hungry and need to stay mindful that my eating doesn't turn into a binge.