February Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have had a really good week and feel today will be binge free thanks to the support of you all in this thread.

Me: 9
    Binge: 1
  • jackieKNJ
    Options
    Me - 8

"The Binge" - 0

I almost caved yesterday...it was so scary. :/

I never get past a week and half without binging, but hopefully I can at least hit the two-week mark. Then, I am more than halfway there!

It will be a HUGE accomplishment for me! :)

It IS scary to feel like you're on the edge of a binge. I hate that feeling. I'm pulling for you! Two weeks binge-free will be AWESOME!! Or almost two weeks, or whatever you reach that's better than what you reached before!

There's a few of us talking on the Conversation thread of this group if you want to jump in--don't be shy!

Thanks for the encouragement! This group is such a big help with supporting each other. I'm glad I joined my fitness pal, and this group.

I hope this month is a good one for you as well. Any day that we can push through is better than we hoped for. :)
  • jackieKNJ
    Options
    Me - 9

"The Binge" - 0

When tonight hits, it'll be day 10 for me. Taking it day by day and forgiving myself makes me like what I'm doing. I feel like I am normal!

I haven't normal for about 7 months. This is really nice...
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Greeky - 5
    Binge - 4 (2/1, 2/5, 2/6, 2/8)

Thanks for all of your support and I'm glad to see lots of conversations on the board. :smile:
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    2-10-13

Jul: 6
    Binge: 4 (2/3, 2/5, 2/7, 2/8)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Me - 5.
    Binge - 3.

Utter despair. I hate myself so much right now. This is not a minor binge, but a really severe one, at least 6000 calories, staggered over the morning hours from 5am til 11am. Going to take me weeks to undo this. Never again. I am so done with this, even if I have to starve it out of myself.

That was a horrible one!! It is past and I know you know not to starve yourself because I have seen your posts in other forums. All these emotions are what get us into the food. Be scientific about this binge. We are binge eaters. Fact. We are here to challenge and motivate ourselves and others to stop doing that. Fact. You had a binge - or the binge had you, Fact. Be objective as if you were a caring friend to yourself and look at what happened rationally to see if there was a trigger that got it started. Emotions will keep you in the food, but using your intelligence will give you a way out.

I am telling you all this partially because I need to hear it. It has really worked well for me in this weight loss business to look at it more as eating well and not using food for anything except nutrition. The weight loss will come naturally when we get that in order. I don't really have any pleasant alternatives except to keep trying.:noway:

I think the trigger was a combination of Tom being due anyday, my body not liking the intensity of the exercise I do and the fact I checked my weight and it had gone up unexpectedly...and realising it was not that much lower than after a 6 week period of severe binging. I guess at some level I thought, what's the point of bothering if I still weigh almost what I did after a 6 week bender(tho granted I did weight a week or two to check the damage).

I am not overweight, not even close for my height of 5'10, but I prefer to be a little less than 133.
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I suck!

February 2013:
    Karen 7
    The Binge 3

Days Left 18

The scale not moving for 2 weeks and going up just sent me over the edge. I binged and I just don't care today. I want to just give up. I know I won't but I have been struggling so bad lately.
  • beachgirl1793
    Options
    ahh I wish I had seen this at the beginning of the month! I'm joining in now though, and (from what I can remember):
    me: 5
    the binge: 5 (3 of which were in the past 3 days)

has not been a good month for me at all :( and weekends are especially hard. let's hope this week goes better..good luck to everyone!
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    2/7

Me: 7
    Binge: 3
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Feb 10th ~

Me: 7

The Binge: 2 (2/5, 2/6)

Overeating: 1 (2/4)
  • peanutbutterrunner
    Options
    Michelle - 6
    Binge - 4 (2/3, 2/7, 2/8, 2/9)
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    me: 9
    the binge: 1

I ate way too much for no reason other than boredom on Friday night. It was a small-ish binge, but a binge nonetheless. Also, I didn't track all weekend! Ooops. Back on track as of now.
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    2/10/2013

me: 10
    the binge: 0

So grateful to have had an easier day today than yesterday. And I was grateful today, too, that I didn't give in to the binge yesterday.
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    February 2013

December 2012: 19/12
    January 2013 : 23/08

Terry - 8
    The Binge - 2

Logging days - 10 / 28
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Me - 5.
    Binge - 3.

Utter despair. I hate myself so much right now. This is not a minor binge, but a really severe one, at least 6000 calories, staggered over the morning hours from 5am til 11am. Going to take me weeks to undo this. Never again. I am so done with this, even if I have to starve it out of myself.

That was a horrible one!! It is past and I know you know not to starve yourself because I have seen your posts in other forums. All these emotions are what get us into the food. Be scientific about this binge. We are binge eaters. Fact. We are here to challenge and motivate ourselves and others to stop doing that. Fact. You had a binge - or the binge had you, Fact. Be objective as if you were a caring friend to yourself and look at what happened rationally to see if there was a trigger that got it started. Emotions will keep you in the food, but using your intelligence will give you a way out.

I am telling you all this partially because I need to hear it. It has really worked well for me in this weight loss business to look at it more as eating well and not using food for anything except nutrition. The weight loss will come naturally when we get that in order. I don't really have any pleasant alternatives except to keep trying.:noway:

I think the trigger was a combination of Tom being due anyday, my body not liking the intensity of the exercise I do and the fact I checked my weight and it had gone up unexpectedly...and realising it was not that much lower than after a 6 week period of severe binging. I guess at some level I thought, what's the point of bothering if I still weigh almost what I did after a 6 week bender(tho granted I did weight a week or two to check the damage).

I am not overweight, not even close for my height of 5'10, but I prefer to be a little less than 133.

Glad you figured it out!!
    I realized that my binge was partly tied to my frustrating day, but also was about my losing 3 pounds on my weigh in the day before. I had a week before that of often going over my calorie goals and I guess I just started thinking that I could get away with it...of course I can't because I don't stop once I get started....I have a visual picture of how our stomachs look when we binge (Thank-you Dr. Oz). He had a real picture from the corpse of someone who died while binging. Think of how much food we eat if we eat over 4000 calories!!!!..the stomach has to expand so much it fills the whole abdomen and squishes all the organs and the intestines around it. I usually feel it in my lungs like I can't take a deep breathe when I am packed full of food. I never really pictured where all that junk went:sick:
    I understand it is a lot harder for people who have only a few pounds to lose, just because it comes off so slowly. Maybe if you focus more on being kind to your body and have that be the reason you don't binge, rather than focusing on the weight loss - which is so inconsistent it drives me nuts!!
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Me - 9

Binge - 1
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    February 2013:

Mollie - 9
    The Binge - 1 (3rd)

Days I did not logged it ALL: 1 (3rd)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________

January - 4 days I did not log it ALL
    8d81013077722171422643962d6ade98.jpg

e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Feb 11 2013

Colleen 8
    The Binge 2 (2/9, 2/10)
    Days finished logging 8

2013 stats:
    January 22/9

Still struggling with feelings of unworthiness, but working through it. I have to deal with this stuff in life anyway, binge or not. Why make it worse on myself?
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    As of 2/11:

Me-9
    Binge-1 (2/1)
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Feb 11th ~

Me: 8

The Binge: 2 (2/5, 2/6)