Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• KeriHancock
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Keri, and I was sleeved on November 26th 2012, by Dr. John Davidson in Dallas, Texas. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself! I'm so glad that I have the my fitness pal app, It's been a strong reinforcement for daily progress. I'm so excited to see what happens this year!! I started my weight at 240 lbs, after my preop diet, I was 226 lbs, and as of today, I am
    198 lbs, for a total loss of 42 lbs. Yay onderland!!!!! So happy!
  • talentjar
    Options
    Hello!!! I was sleeved in Mexico November 21st, 2012 after almost 2 years on MFP and failing on my own. I am looking to add new friends that are fellow sleevers who share their diary so I can get food ideas and also keep each other accountable. Some of my regular MFP friends just don't get how I get through a day eating so little-haha!

I live in cold, snowy, Ontario, Canada and have lost almost 30 pounds since my surgery.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Kenny, congratulations on making it to TWOderville and Keri, enjoy ONEderland! It's so encouraging to see all this VSG success.
  • DizsJourney
    DizsJourney Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Dawn. I had my surgery on 12/20/12 at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, with Dr Noel Williams. I have lost 35 lbs so far, 23 of that was from the preop diet. My starting weight was 318 lbs.
  • MammasMelting
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am LaWanda...I had my surgery 12/05/12 with Dr Umbach at North Vista Hospital here in Las Vegas NV. I started my day of surgery at 333 and am now 295, so 38 lbs gone forever. I have a ton of great friends on here already...but am always looking for more. Please feel free to send a request if I dont nab you first. XOXOXOX
  • mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Mandy, I had my VSG on November 5th, 2012. The wonderful Dr. Charles Beall was/is my surgeon, He's done many surgeries on me since 2005 but is specialty is weight loss surgery. In Tyler Texas. I have lost a total of 52 pounds started at 262.2 lost 30 of that prior to surgery and the rest since. Looking forward to sliding into ONEderland in the next month.
  • krista1020
    Options
    My name is Krista and I will be sleeved on Feb. 13th :)
  • barbiegivens
    barbiegivens Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! My name is Barbie and I was sleeved Nov 8, 2012 in my hometown of Conroe, Texas. I am 32, married with two children (ages 7 and 5), and a senior at Sam Houston State University majoring in Finance. My starting weight pre-op was 237 and my surgery date weight was 235. I am 5'3". I am 10 weeks out and currently at 191. Luckily I have had no complications and am certain this was the best decision I have ever made. I am looking for other VSGer's to add to my friends list for support.
  • mama2elijah
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Tanya and I am scheduled for my Vsg April 12th. I will be self pay in Tijuana. I have been playing with this idea for about a year, finally I see this as a huge tool in my quest for better health. I now need to lose 45lbs to save $$ on surgery, hoping for a bmi under 49 by April. Please add me and I'm always looking for advice from people who have been there, done that!
  • Rockstarr44
    Rockstarr44 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. I had the sleeve done on 1-2-13. I am in need of support and friends to help me along this journey. Please add me as a friend. I would love the support.
  • Lorie269
    Lorie269 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Lorie. I just started the process to be sleeved. I meet with the surgeon in a couple weeks.I am so excited to start on this journey. I am looking for friends to help with tips, advice and overall support. Please add me as a friend.
  • elimin8thew8
    elimin8thew8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm Bridget and I was sleeved on Feb 5, 2013 at the University of Iowa. I mulled over the idea of surgery for nearly two years and finally decided it was the right move for me. I am extremely excited about my healthier future!
  • meganw5638
    meganw5638 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't recall that I ever intro'd myself here. :) I just jumped in and started posting! I had my VSG 8/10/11, so I'm right at 18 months out. I've lost 95-ish pounds (highest loss was 98 lbs, but I had a bit of a backslide during the holidays and gained about 5-6 lbs and continue to bounce around in that range). I'm really looking forward to getting over the hump and hitting that magic 100 lbs lost number. My GW is 150 so according to this morning's scale, I've got about 21 lbs to go. I'm really happy with how I look & feel right now, so if I bounce up a bit from goal eventually that is OK with me - but I really want to say I got to goal!
  • vickybeads
    vickybeads Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Tue 03/05/13 05:48 AM
    smile Hi everyone. My name is Victoria and I was sleeved on 19 Nov 2012 in Denton TX with Dr Daryl Stewart. I have my 3 month check-up this afternoon. Just started using My Fitness Pal, in conjunction with my BodyFit armband. I am down 42 lbs and 39 inches since my journey started. bigsmile

I started my journey in 1991 when my thyroid went haywire, had to have most of it removed and I've been on a yo-yo ever since. Last year I said enough, with the money I had spent on exercise equipment, diet programs (Jenny Craig, Weight-Watchers, Fit for Life, Beyond Diet, Belly-Fat Diet, HCG, Food Lovers, you name it) I could have had surgery, so I did. I was at 215 and heading up and the opportunity arose for me to self-pay (I was 0.2 under the required 40 BMI) and I took it. Best decision I ever made.

Was/is it easy? NO, NO, NO. I learn something new every day. I still find foods that don't "sit" well. I take my Omeprazole every day and carry Zantac with me just in case; carry GasX strips; still take big bites (working on that one) and eat too fast (40 years of working full time tends to do that to you), BUT, I know I can change those habits and have.
  • vickybeads
    vickybeads Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Krista - how are you doing since becoming a sleever?
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting your progress. It is so easy for me to let those old habits creep back in, that it helps to be reminded of them. It sounds as if you are doing well and I wish you continued success.
  • kc82
    kc82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name's Kari and I'm also in the process of getting sleeved. My insurance covers it 100%, no jumping through hoops or 6 month monitored diets. Just had to do the required steps through my bariatric program. I have two more appointments (exercise consult & a cardiac clearance) and then I can schedule surgery. I'm excited, nervous, and everything in between, but I'm so ready for a change.
  • johnlatte
    johnlatte Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm John, I'm new to the MFP boards. I've been on another board but the drama got to be a bit weird so I bailed out. I was sleeved on 11/20. Have lost 50lbs all post op. Didn't have to do a pre-op diet. Need to lose 50 more to hit goal. Hopefully by summer we will be there. Would love to have some friends here!
  • evilnosehair
    Options
    Hello VSGers! I am Leslie, was sleeved 2/19/13 in Winston-Salem, NC by Dr. "Fuzz" Fernandez. I will be driving the same car for the next 40 years because my insurance denied my procedure, so I paid for it. At the time of application my BMI was 39.5 I had high blood pressure and GERD, but according to my insurance I just wasn't sick or big enough. And I pay for that coverage!?! I'm finding this journey alot harder than I expected (hormonally challenged, very restricted intake.) And I could really use some "friends" to help me get my head on straight, prepare me for what comes next, and share, share, share. I love to read people's success stories but I know I'm not the only one struggling...
  • isenbergl
    isenbergl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I had VSG on 3/4, so I am just 8 days PO. I have lost 15 pounds since surgery. Looking for support and health food ideas for each stage of my progressing diet. I am still on full liquids for another 6 days.