Love's Post-Holiday/Wedding Blitz (aka cut-log)

Options
1235»

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I'm headed there this week--Friday! YAY! I can't wait. Thanks for the well wishes. I hope I can sort it out too. It's rather stressful to say the least.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    where is "there" exactly? :smile: Far from you?
    Options
    Really far--we are on opposite coasts. 3 hours time difference. He's in CA and I'm on the East coast for school.
    Options
    I got 75 x 18 on bench today. weight is up, I'm constipated. BOO! Going to eat high fat, low carb, low bulk, lots of water, and hope that things get moving!
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    would high fibre be better? lots of wholemeal? and a couple glasses of fibrogel or something?
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    if i am constipated i also sometime use glycerol suppositories... work brilliant in around 10 mins
    Options
    I already eat a TON of fiber. It's not a lack of fiber that is causing this-it's due to my inability to run which always results in constipation. Really really sucks.
    Options
    Also, I'll still get ~40g of fiber today because I generally eat foods that are high in fiber. I'll see if I can find some suppositories at the pharmacy near my house.
    Options
    So, today is a high fat kind of a day. I finally used the restroom! YAY! Not great but progress and that's all I can ask for.

I've had 9-10 cups of water today (didn't REALLY count)...I'll have 2-3 more before the day is done.

My eats have included: eggs (4 jumbo omega 3 eggs), salmon (1.5 pounds), canned salmon, wild greens, kashi cereal, almonds, protein shake, and protein bar.

Here is my average calorie intake for the past 5 full weeks.

Feb 4-Feb 10th 2437
    Feb 11th- Feb 17th 1582
    Feb 18th-Feb 24th 2295
    Feb 25th – Mar 3rd 1909
    Mar 4th- Mar 10th 2145

Average: ~2075 calories

My weight hasn't been adversely impacted. That's awesome.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    good stuff :smile:
    Options
    So, forgot to mention--despite my calorie intake varying wildly, my net/deficit was comparable each week. The past 2 weeks I've been closer to "maintenance" I think...I can't really be sure with the wild weight fluctuations.

DEXA tomorrow! I am pretty excited!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    it is funny how excited us fitness folk get over a random number spat out my a machine :tongue Good luck
    Options
    Haha--ill report back. I'm using my handheld device several times today so I can compare the readings to the DEXA and use it as an accurate gauge of my bf% in the future. So I did it pre-workout and ill do it post workout. After a few hours rest. And after several hours rest.

When the results are in ill post them. I'm thinking 18% bodyfat is roughly where I'm sitting right now. I also want to know my bone density--which is the whole reason this test was ordered.

Progesterone hasn't worked yet so that means that the HA hasn't resolved itself. After the wedding I might take a break from working out. I want to get pregnant and the HA makes that impossible.
    Options
    Well, my trip to CA went well! I stayed active and I'm pretty sure I didn't gain any weight. That's a success in my book considering the party, Indian food, baked goodies and overall change in my routine. I mostly ran but lifted a couple times.

Anyway. I'm just checking in. Still eating ~2000-2300 most days with a higher day tossed in 1x every week.
    Options
    My weight is holding steady but I think I'm going to start weekly check ins (Sunday mornings) starting next week (wedding day). My goal is to lose 1/2 pound per week--or 4-5 pounds total.The plan will span 8-9 weeks and I'll include the following information during each check in.

Highest/Lowest/Sunday weigh in

Average Calorie Intake

Average Calorie Deficit

Expected weight loss (calculation anyone could do based on the deficit)

Actual weight loss
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    dieting on honeymoon??!!
    Options
    dieting on honeymoon??!!

Honeymoon isn't until August. I start my internship this week and we will be leaving at the end of August.
    Options
    I lied. I'm giving up calorie counting after the wedding so I'll report on total cardio/weight lifting time, high/low weigh ins, and whether or not I had any days when I feel like I went off the rails eating wise.

It will be less precise but that's the goal--to relinquish some control.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    I think that's a great idea. Eat intuitively. No need to stress.