Stage 7 Questions (the final countdown)

Options

Replies

• allikat819
    allikat819 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I finally got to the second 7.2 workout last night. I was able to make gains in nearly all the exercises, though I did have to reduce reps.

I'm totally ok with this. MY GOD these are sweaty workouts! I was pretty drenched by the time I finished up.
  • NthnButMoonshine
    NthnButMoonshine Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Still plugging along. Finished 7W4 this morning. Not sure Im going to go for round 2. Supercharged is really calling my name...
  • allikat819
    allikat819 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've just got 2 workouts left before I've finished all 12 of Stage 7 - it's been so hard but so very worth it. Good luck with Supercharged! I'm moving on to Abs :-)
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options
    7W5 is done. One to go! Ive decided not to go through round 2. Im really looking forward to adding some weight to my squats and throwing some additional work to get my first real chin up in the mix. Time to move on to Supercharged on Monday. I cant wait!!!
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options
    Somebody scrape me off the floor... Mission Accomplished. See yall in Supercharged!
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    NthnButMoonsh - Congrats on finishing!

I guess I am alone here, but I'll throw it out there. I started Stage 7 two days ago and I'm so sore I can barely walk. 4 sets of 15. REALLY???? So today I am going to attempt the 2nd workout, but I can't imagine how it will go given that I can barely move. I was sweating and couldn't catch my breath during the workout. 30 seconds of rest seems like nothing when you're doing that many reps. I used 20 lbs dumbbells for the static lunge and for the rows. 65 for the squat (I have regressed a bit and want to focus on form). And I did 115 for my romanian deadlift. The 4th set of everything was tough and I had to drop the weights on the lunges mid-way though. I was dripping sweat when I was done, but felt great (until DOMS set in the next day).

I have recommitted to doing a half marathon in April, so I may just end this program after 6 workouts, so I can focus on running. Only time will tell at this point.

Any other folks in Stage 7??? Hellooooo?
  • aquajen77
    aquajen77 Posts: 20
    Options
    I finished my 3rd stage 7 workout on Tuesday. The DOMS does get better, the 1st workout was totally the worst. I usually do 3 sessions a week, but stage 7 is so brutal I'm only doing 2. I did have a personal trainer (who used to be a competitive powerlifter!) comment on how tough my workout looked. That made it worth it.

I'm going to start NROL for Abs after spring break.
  • kmsairam
    Options
    I went for it and did my 3rd workout in the same week as 1 and 2! DOMS is much better. You're right. The worst part of the odd numbered workouts are the static lunge rear elevated exercises -- for me. They KILL ME. Everything else I love, but when I get to the last 7 or 8 reps on the last leg of that lunge (no matter what set), it's hurts so bad. I had to stop a few times and just "reset."

So if I can do 3 workouts again next week, I could technically be DONE with this program. Makes me happy and sad at the same time. I gotta buckle down and prepare for an upcoming half marathon.

Oh and did a PR of a 125 deadlift! I am pretty sure I can do 135, just a little nervous to try. And I could probably do the same with the Romanian DL, but am at 115 on that one. I don't think I could do 4 sets of 15 at anything over 125!! These zillions of reps are ridic.

Aquajen - when are you doing workout 4? I'm aiming for Monday! Keep me posted.
  • aquajen77
    aquajen77 Posts: 20
    Options
    kmsairam : tomorrow morning :)

Congrats on your deadlift PR! Give the 135 a try, I've done it a couple times.

I like doing the static lunge with the barbell. I feel like it's easier to get my form right than when I've done them with dumbbells.

Me, I hate lat pulldowns. So boring.
  • elg1982
    elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm on the "round two" of stage seven. Only have two workouts left. Doing #5 for the second time today. I should be done on Wednesday! Hooray!

This is intense, and several times I felt like I was going to vomit from exertion. I have been feeling tired on this stage and have had to limit my workouts to three per week total (no running) to have the energy for stage 7. But it's going to be worth it when I am all done!!
  • kmsairam
    Options
    I agree. It's so intense. I usually will run after my workout (on treadmill) and I just couldn't last week. I had no more energy. Good for you for hanging in for round 2!!
  • elg1982
    Options
    I think I spoke too soon! I strained my shoulder during my workout Monday so I'm going to rest it for a week before I do the last workout. Yesterday morning was awful, I had slept on my injured shoulder and it hurt a lot. I was thinking of calling in sick, but I actually felt better sitting up straight than standing or lying down. By the end of the day, I felt much better. This morning I'm at 90% I think, but I don't want to push it.
  • elg1982
    Options
    And I've finally finished! Going away this weekend for Easter. When I get back I'm recommitting to my food journal and I'm going to order Turbocharged! Good luck ladies!
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    YEAH! I made it to Stage 7! Yesterday I did workout 2. WOW! I am pretty sore and it was so exhausting.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I'm starting the first workout tomorrow, can't believe I made it. I plan to do each workout twice. I was going to do the ABS one next, bought the book, but it is confusing, I might just be tired though. I can see why people just go straight to Supercharged.

Anyone else just starting? How are the chin ups from Stage 6? Before and after? I couldn't do any before NROL, I can do about 4 in a workout, but not in a row, I can only do one and a half in a row. But if I break then try again a few minutes later, I can do another one and a half. My elbows really hurt after doing several. My husband told me I'm just getting old, I'm only 33! I had to take ibuprofen immediately after my workout. I want to do know the best way to progress to be able to do more than one in a row, just keep at it I guess.....

I'm so excited to start stage 7 - yay!!
  • MissSifaka
    MissSifaka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I did workout 1 today and felt like I was going to hork after the second set. Only finished 3 sets and booked it out of there with real fear in my heart I wouldn't make it without an incident. On the up side, I shocked myself with knocking out all those push ups. Prior to starting this program I could hardly do a few girl pushups. I have serious respect:heart: for you ladies completing two rounds.
  • Emtabo01
    Options
    Dang, I don't think in my entire fitness/exercise career, I've ever felt like I might vomit - until Stage 7. It is really hard! Is anyone else not even close to only needing a 30 second rest period? I need like 2 minutes, I swear. I think I might have even crawled once bc I couldn't get up for a sec.

My callouses are also seriously getting worked over again, ouchie.

On the positive, I was able to up my weights on several exercises on stage 3 vs stage 1.

I've been doing 15 reps for the first three sets and really pushing myself and doing 20 reps on the fourth set. I probably sound like a crazy person with the breathing and the grunting!

I also am impressed I can do 20 pushups! I need to have my husband watch me sometime just to make sure my form is good.
  • MissSifaka
    MissSifaka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Emtabol01- totally needed more than 30 sec. workout 2 went much more smoothly because I took some more time in between sets and dropped my weight on a few things. This stage is beast!
  • Emtabo01
    Options
    So I decided that I'm going to do a second round of the six stage 7 workouts, but I'm going to modify it to lower reps and higher weights. I had some bodily harm done doing that first round, tough, very tough. I truly don't think my body can handle it, nor would my mind cooperate to give me the motivation to actually do them the way they're written a second time. So, don't know if its good or bad, but either way I'm doing it! Actually looked forward to my workout this morning!
  • FootsoreRambler
    FootsoreRambler Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    So I just did 7-1. Ugh. I'm not loving the high rep, low rest count thing. I'll have to back down on weights in order to do it, and that's mentally frustrating. I've been able to do a full pushup for every stage since the end of 1, but I can't if I have to do 15 in a row 4 times. But part of my problem is that I did the circuit wrong -- I did B1 and B2 alternating, and then realized it was B1-2-3-4. So maybe if I do it correctly, I'll have enough recovery time to make it work a bit better.

After I finish 7, I think I'm going to be ready to do a simpler program where I can progress more linearly. I'm thinking Stronglifts 5x5; I checked out the women's group here and it's pretty active.

Oy, DOMS today like I haven't had in ages!