April Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options
IsMollyReallyHungry
IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
Welcome!!

Well this challenge is a challenge with youself. The challenge is to for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

So the objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage on another along the way. Please feel free to share you ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountiability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than the The Binge. One day at a time.

March 2013:
Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

***** ATTENTION *****
This request is not meant to offend anyone. I am requesting that people please refrain from mentioning specific foods on this particular binge thread. This is what is used in most thearphy groups for BED. When I was in BED therphy in 2011 we were not allowed to mention specific foods. It could lead others to think about foods that they otherwise would not think of and can trigger binges for others. Hope this makes sense.

Again this request is not meant to offend. It is requested as a means of support and consideration for others using this thread. Please note this request is for this thread only.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Molly

P.S. For more support please see below thread also:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/831903-be-support-group-conversation-thread-2013?page=7#posts-14374618

Replies

• Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Jul: 1
    Binge: 0

Days in April: 30

Oh good! I've been waiting for this. I can't believe I've been doing this since November! It helps, so much.
    Goals: 2 binges or less...really focusing for none because of this wedding and fitting into a bridesmaids dress on 4/27/13. !00% paleo. but allowing a higher caloric intake once a week.
  • Skeezyx58
    Skeezyx58 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    April 2013:
    Lynette - 0
    The Binge - 0

This is a great idea! Ok, I can beat Mr. Binge at this. The challenge is on!!!
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I gave up this challenge early last month but am ready to start again!

April 2013
    Me-0
    Binge-0
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    In for this one.

Kate - 0.
    Binge - 0.
  • oh i NEED this! thanks for allowing me to be a part of the group and challenge!

April 2013:
    Days in April: 30
    Ashley - 1
    The Binge - 0

i'm going to say i'm ahead of the binge by one point. this could totally change tonight during my witching hours, but i'm staying positive and saying i will not start off april on the wrong foot.
  • yoshna
    yoshna Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm in - my first time, hello!

Me: 1
    The Binge: 0

Question - do we edit our first posts to update the numbers or post new ones each day?
  • mazzyw65
    mazzyw65 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi I'm new :-)

The binge: 1
    Me: 0
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm not quitting again this month. I've recommitted and am determined to make April good. My pants don't fit like they used to and I'm very uncomfortable.

I've decided to start rewarding myself with non-food related things at the end of a good week. I need a new pair of running shoes and that will be my reward for having a no-binge workweek.

April 1
    Greeky - 0
    Binge - 0
  • Quiche867
    Quiche867 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi! New here also :)

April 2013
    Jenny: 0
    The Binge: 1
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    March has been mediocre and I'm not happy with that!! Gotta make April count SO BAD!!! I'd better commit to eating better! I know I can because I WANT THIS. WE ALL CAN BEAT THY NASTY BINGE MONSTER GRRR!!!

Summer - 1
    The Binge - 0

I binged but I managed to stop it before it could have gotten EVEN worse, so I'm gonna count today as a victory!!! Here's to a better tomorrow, gotta step up my game yaw!
  • BoJenks
    BoJenks Posts: 11
    Options
    This is my first binge challenge and my goal is to have 4 or less binges this month, hope this helps!

April
  • mmmartje
    mmmartje Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm in! I'm going to beat this thing! I'm going to give the binge a head start, it being easter and all.

Me: 0
    The Binge: 1
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    April 2013

Diane - 0
    The Binge - 0

Let's do this!
  • jessicagomes15
    jessicagomes15 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    I'm in - my first time, hello!

The Binge: 0

Question - do we edit our first posts to update the numbers or post new ones each day?

Post a new one each day.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Jan - 16/15
    Feb - 17/11
    Mar - 19/12

April 1st.

Kate - 1.
    Binge - 0.

(Welcome all the new people I see joining in!)
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Kim: 1
    The binge: 0
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Hope we all have a great day :)

April 1st

Sarah: 1
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    *waves*

Hi, everyone. Welcome to all the new peeps. :)

April 2013

me: 1

the binge: 0