April 2nd
    Me:2
    Binge:0
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Greeky - 1
    Binge - 0

YAY!! Had some urges earlier but managed to get through...being active on MFP helped a lot I think, plus remembering how it will turn out and how I'll feel later and tomorrow morning deterred me. And Greeky needs a new pair of shoes!! (my reward for no binges this week) :smile:

Hello all you new peeps!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    April 2nd.

Kate - 2.
    Binge - 0.
  • yoshna
    yoshna Posts: 69
    Options
    Me: 2
    Binge: 0

:):)
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    April 2nd

Sarah - 2
    Binge - 0

Great to see most of us are having a good start to the month :)

Welcome to all the new people.

My friends on here will know I came very close to having a binge yesterday because I left it to long to eat and drink (about 4hours between meals, I usually eat every2-2.5h) and was in that "I have to eat everything that is ready to eat and easy and yummy right now" mode. I was almost in that "well I've stuffed it now, I may as well just eat everything I don't normally allow myself to and get back to eating right tomorrow" mode, when i remembered how hard it has been to work out 6 days a week every week and eat very healthily 90% of the time, to be undone every week in the weight loss department because of giving in to these urges. So I stopped, and I logged on here and realised I could still eat my piece of fish for dinner and not go over my calories. Binge averted. So important for me to try and keep my goals in mind and remember that an urge to binge is only momentary. It will pass if I let it pass. This morning I was rewarded by having a 0.8kg loss. I have no doubt it would have gone up if I had given in to the binge, and I that would have been enough that I probably would have binged today and tomorrow too in self-disgust.

Hope everyone has a great day :)
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Ready for April!

Me: 1

The Binge: 1

-- Fact --
    We all feel discomfort in life. We can either fight/resist it, go through great lengths to get rid ourselves of it, or we can just accept that we will probably feel crappy from time to time and just do our best to continue on anyways!

(Binges being used to 'escape' the discomfort which we need to feel occasionally)
  • Quiche867
    Quiche867 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    April 2, 2013

Jenny: 1

Logged everything in my diary: 1
  • aherne
    aherne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First time for me to take on a challenge...and this is the perfect one! Goal: <5 binges this month.

Amy: 1
    Binge: 1

Binge free for 1 day
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I ended March on a low note. I'm hoping I can gain control once TOM arrives any minute now.
    Good job everyone on your successful month.

April 2

Me: 0
    Binge: 2
  • alexpl91
    alexpl91 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Me: 1

...looks like this ones gonna be a tough fight
  • Phoenix212
    Phoenix212 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm new and I really want to hold out at least until mid-June when I'm going on a trip to Vegas with friends. I was slipping all through Feb and March and it's time to get control back. I'd like to learn to stop altogether, but I'm not going to worry about that just now. Baby steps! I'll start with April :)

4/2/13

Me: 2
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    April 2

ME: 0
    BINGE: 2

Binge monster won big time tonight!!
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Heather: 2

I'm so frustrated and down that one binge day can ruin days and weeks of hard work. I feel overwhelmed and frustrated by trying to figure out how many calories to eat, too little vs too much, what to eat/what not to eat. I feel like I can do so well 85% of the time, but that 15% screw up blows everything.

I'm new to this group so thanks for having me. :)
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just found this challenge and love the idea.

as of April 2
    Amy- 0
    Binge- 2
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Heather: 2

I'm so frustrated and down that one binge day can ruin days and weeks of hard work. I feel overwhelmed and frustrated by trying to figure out how many calories to eat, too little vs too much, what to eat/what not to eat. I feel like I can do so well 85% of the time, but that 15% screw up blows everything.

I'm new to this group so thanks for having me. :)

For some, allowing a small treat a day works, for some avoiding all refined sugar helps, for others having a cheat meal a week helps, you have to find what works. Also getting to the source of why you binge can be useful, learning to identify the emotions, triggers etc. And learning how to get back on track quickly is a key, I find I have to do an intense workout to work the rubbish out my system to get back on track or I just keep going. Overanalysing things can make the situation worse too. Go to a site like scoobys workshop, find your TDEE there, take a 15-20% cut and try eating that. It is better to eat a little more on a daily basis, so you avoid binging, than to binge and consume insane amounts in one go.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Vanessa: 0 [Although I plan to even the score up tonight!!! So far so good]
    Binge: 1

I lost last night....will do better tonight.
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    April 2, 2013

Kourtney: 1
    Binge: 1 (4/2)

Binge free for: 0 days

I feel like I'm losing the motivation to fight, and beginning to accept the fact that the binge will always have power over me. I've just been feeling mentally and physically drained lately, and I'm not sure what I can do to fix it
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    April 2

me: 2

the binge: 0
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    April 2

Poppy: 2
    the binge: 0

Days logged in April: 2/30

Really trying to refocus on the big picture, on why I started MFP in the first place, I.e., to limit bingeing. My goal was to get control of my food intake, not to lose weight, and I need to recognize and value the success I've achieved regarding bingeing. Every day, I'm going to remind myself of that, and my logging here is the measure of my real success. Staying away from the scale for a while....
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Me : 2
    The binge : 0