Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    April 2013:
    Mollie - 11
    The Binge - 1

Days did not log it all - 0
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan- 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL
    Mar- 6 days I did not log it ALL
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
  • angelaengbrecht
    angelaengbrecht Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Me - 7
    The Binge - 5

I'm really glad that I found this group.

I've been using MFP for about 2.5 months now, and have only lost about 1lb per month, despite the fact that I run between 5-15K five nights per week. This is, of course, largely because I engage in binge eating roughly 1-3 times per week, at about 3500 calories each time! No wonder I'm not losing much!

I've struggled with binge eating for so long, and I've only just recently realized that it's a genuine and treatable affliction, and that it's not a reflection of my self worth.

Anyhow, this month's stats don't look great, but since I'm new to the challenge, I suppose it's natural to have a little room for improvement!

Thanks for the support!

You might find going easier on the running and mixing things up, maybe adding in some strength training, bike, elliptical, boxing or somesuch in helps. I know that when I was doing that amount of exercise so often, I went into really severe binges. Also, sometimes doing too much cardio can actually result in weight loss slowing down, just do some google hunting, there is quite a bit of info on it. I looked into it myself as I don't want to find I am shooting myself in the foot, so to speak, lol.
    Also, be sure you are eating enough. Better to set your loss to 1/2 Ib a week and eat a little more and have a slower weight loss and avoid the binge (no info on your profile so no idea how you are going about this).

Anyways, good luck, and great idea regarding the joint effort.

Thank you for the advice.

I'm currently training for a 1/2 marathon, but I'm not specifically running for weight loss. If course, if that's an added benefit, all the better.

I'm a shorty (5'3) so losing 1/2lb per week is what I've recently started aiming for. For a while I was able to maintain 1-2 lb per week, but I'm closer to my goal, and I just can't do it anymore. Plus, of course, it made my binges really crazy.

I had also experimented with eating the maintence calories for my goal weight, but because I'm so close I'd only lose about a 1/4 lb per month that way!

Anyhow, I appreciate the input!
  • angelaengbrecht
    Options
    Karen -

I noticed that we're both close to being tied with The Binge, and I was wondering about maybe teaming up?

What if we tried to make our combined scores beat The Binges combined score? I don't know if anyone ever does that, but it seems like it might be a good way to encourage each other!

I know I'm not Karen and this wasn't addressed to me, but FWIW I think this is a great idea! Sometimes a gal just needs that extra bit of accountability to keep her on the right path.

I'd be the buddy of ANYbody!

I'm glad that this idea is a hit. I know that for me, something I struggle with is hiding my eating habits, and sometimes during a binge there is this feeling that if I had someone I could open up to about it, and who would help hold me accountable (of course in a supportive and positive manner) that it'd be just a little easier.

Sometimes for me it's tough, feeling like I'm only accountable to myself. It's easy to get in a mindset that you don't care how harmful you're being to yourself, but it's a bit harder to be self sabotaging when it directly impacts those around you.
  • Phoenix212
    Phoenix212 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Me: 12
    Binge: 0

another close call at sister's birthday party. Managed to NOT eat any of her cake/ice cream and came home to a 60 calorie sugar-free fudge pop instead (which I thoroughly enjoyed) and a mug of peppermint tea. Drinking a glass of wine with dinner actually made it harder to resist the temptation, but I triumphed one more day
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Karen -

I noticed that we're both close to being tied with The Binge, and I was wondering about maybe teaming up?

What if we tried to make our combined scores beat The Binges combined score? I don't know if anyone ever does that, but it seems like it might be a good way to encourage each other!

I know I'm not Karen and this wasn't addressed to me, but FWIW I think this is a great idea! Sometimes a gal just needs that extra bit of accountability to keep her on the right path.

Sometimes for me it's tough, feeling like I'm only accountable to myself. It's easy to get in a mindset that you don't care how harmful you're being to yourself, but it's a bit harder to be self sabotaging when it directly impacts those around you.

Yes, yes, and yes.
  • rincoglionita
    Options
    April 2013

4/12/13

Poppy: 11
    the binge: 1

Pretty good day, several spurts of activity made me a bit hungrier. No serious thoughts of bingeing, which, YAY for that!
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Kim: 12
    Binge: 0
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    April 12

me: 12

bingemonster: 0
  • Rukia_Kuchiki
    Options
    April 12th
    Me:0
    Binge:0
    Had a ___ which was 300 cals but it was planned and i adjusted my exercise and eating accordingly so not going to count it as a binge.
  • angelaengbrecht
    Options
    April 2013

4/12/13

Poppy: 11
    the binge: 1

Pretty good day, several spurts of activity made me a bit hungrier. No serious thoughts of bingeing, which, YAY for that!

Poppy, that's awesome! Those numbers are looking good!

I live in Hong Kong, so my time zone puts me nearly a full day in front. I'm just finishing up the 13th of April here, and it's been a tough one. I have to say, reading your scores totally motivated me to push through, and today is the first day EVER that I've noticed a binge coming, and then successfully surpressed it. Normally, it either blindsides me, or I see it, attempt to resist, and fail.

Thanks for the inspiration! I really needed it today!

Angela: 8
    The Binge: 5
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Me : 9
    Binge : 3

Hoping today (13th) will be another win for me.

On 2/9 days here I won, I did go over my calories, but didn't "binge" (chain eat to suppress emotion / tiredness), so I'm counting all 9 as wins for me.
  • traceycalaway
    traceycalaway Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    me 9 1/2
    the binge 1 1/2

yesterday, I didn't really have a full blown binge but, my sweet tooth got the better of me. I ate a few too many cookies but, I was able to stop myself before it really got bad.
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Mr.binge: 8
    me: 4

-.-
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    April 12

Me-12
    Binge Monster-0

Binge almost got me yesterday. I ate pizza and went a little over on cals, but not a binge as I could have had so much more but stopped myself as soon as I felt the excitement coming on.

(love the name Binge Monster, whoever came up with that is a genius, i now imagine some evil being trying to sabotage me!)
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    Ok made it through Friday! Drinking is a big binge trigger for me so I am teaching myself how to do it responsibly and not eat everything in site after a couple glasses of wine. Last night was a success!

Going to a bar tonight (that does not serve food yay!) and plan to stick to my light dinner and 2 drinks then home and bed. :laugh:

April 13

Me: 11
    Binge: 1
    (4/6)

Days left: 18
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    April 2013

Diane - 10
    The Binge - 2
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    April 12

Me:8
    The Binge:4

Very bad day yesterday. I just kept eating and eating....feeling blah today but I know it is a new day.
  • rincoglionita
    Options

I live in Hong Kong, so my time zone puts me nearly a full day in front. I'm just finishing up the 13th of April here, and it's been a tough one. I have to say, reading your scores totally motivated me to push through, and today is the first day EVER that I've noticed a binge coming, and then successfully surpressed it. Normally, it either blindsides me, or I see it, attempt to resist, and fail.

Thanks for the inspiration! I really needed it today!

Angela: 8
    The Binge: 5

Talk about awesome! Angela, you rock! That's such a major victory! Be proud of that, girl!
  • rincoglionita
    Options

Very bad day yesterday. I just kept eating and eating....feeling blah today but I know it is a new day.

Focus on that last part because it is the most important part for you today! You can be in charge!
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Me - 13
    The Binge - 0

Today I'm at 15 days without binging. Woo!