Options

Replies

• ashleyolivia
    ashleyolivia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    April 2013

Me - 7
    The Binge - 2 (4/3, 4/7)

Almost completely lost it yesterday. Was at Walgreens buying buckets of ice cream and candy and then thought "No, this isn't what I want to do" put itall down, and left. That feels like a really big step.
  • davidwgold
    Options
    Me: 4
    Binge: 6

Been having a lot of family issues and I live away from home and for the last few days I've completely lost it and no matter what I tell myself I just dont stop. I've made a plan and completely emptied the house of all junk food so I hope tomorrow will truly be my final 'it will be different' and i can move on from this problem once and for all!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    April 9th

Me: 0
    binge: 1

arghhhhhhhh! :sad: but going to get :happy: by getting back on track today!!!!
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    April 10 2013:

Jaimee: 7
    Binge: 3 (4/1, 4/5, 4/6)

Days did not log the binge: 1 (4/1)

Binge Dates:
    Drinking bender on 4/1.
    Drinking bender on 4/5.
    Fazoli's with a friend on 4/6.

Not doing so hot, but I have been doing better for the last couple 5 days or so!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    10th April.

Kate - 8.
    Binge - 2.

Intermittent fasting is still proving to be a useful tool in the fight against the binge.
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    April 2013

Me - 7
    The Binge - 2 (4/3, 4/7)

Almost completely lost it yesterday. Was at Walgreens buying buckets of ice cream and candy and then thought "No, this isn't what I want to do" put itall down, and left. That feels like a really big step.

Beautiful :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options

Been having a lot of family issues and I live away from home and for the last few days I've completely lost it and no matter what I tell myself I just dont stop. I've made a plan and completely emptied the house of all junk food so I hope tomorrow will truly be my final 'it will be different' and i can move on from this problem once and for all!

What's going on, you ok?
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I haven't been logging, I've been over-eating most days but not really bingeing as such. I think part of me has just given up, and the moment I'm going to put it down to the second half of my cycle madness that leaves me depressed. I have made myself a pact as I posted to my wall -

I am going to try two new tactics starting today. One is to log my exercise as 1 calorie burned, so I am not tempted to eat them back, this puts me on 1560 calories as a daily goal and I've lost nicely on that before while exercising daily. 2nd is I have decided to put $5 into an envelope for every day I stick to my calorie goal for my mini-goal (68kg) reward of a new running bra. But, if I have a binge, I'm going to take $20 out and give it to charity. see how this goes for the next week. at this stage willing to try anything! and money has always been a fairly good motivator for me!

April 11th

Sarah: 8
    Binge: 3
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    heather: 9
    binge:1

another good day :)
  • hdkerr
    Options
    Heather: 7
    Binge: 1

Feeling really good after this weekend and today. I upped my calories to 1400 and I feel content, but there's a little demented diet voice inside that's tormenting me ever so slightly saying I'll never lose anything eating that much. I don't care. I wanna try this b/c I'm sick of eating nothing and losing lots only to regain it right back in a second. As the saying goes, insanity is doing something over and over again the same way and expecting a different result.

As always I'm thankful to the group for being here and having me.

You can lose weight on 1400 don't worry!! If you exercise I am sure you will have enough of a calorie deficit to lose.

On 1400, it would only take 30 minutes of exercise a day to bring someone's net into a potentially unhealthy number. Most can eat 1400 + at least half of their exercise calories and lose weight. It is keeping calories to unrealistic numbers that can lead to issues with binging in the first place. The body does not like it and will do what it can to bring back balance.

You are definitely right. I've been calculating my body fat, BMI, TDEE blah blah blah (you know the drill) and I've upped it to 1600. We'll see what happens.
  • hdkerr
    Options

Tomorrow you will do the best you can. Just take it one day at a time. Don't focus too much on forever. That's too overwhelming and sets yourself up for failure. Just keep trying. You can do this. :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Heather: 7
    Binge: 1

Feeling really good after this weekend and today. I upped my calories to 1400 and I feel content, but there's a little demented diet voice inside that's tormenting me ever so slightly saying I'll never lose anything eating that much. I don't care. I wanna try this b/c I'm sick of eating nothing and losing lots only to regain it right back in a second. As the saying goes, insanity is doing something over and over again the same way and expecting a different result.

As always I'm thankful to the group for being here and having me.

You can lose weight on 1400 don't worry!! If you exercise I am sure you will have enough of a calorie deficit to lose.

On 1400, it would only take 30 minutes of exercise a day to bring someone's net into a potentially unhealthy number. Most can eat 1400 + at least half of their exercise calories and lose weight. It is keeping calories to unrealistic numbers that can lead to issues with binging in the first place. The body does not like it and will do what it can to bring back balance.

You are definitely right. I've been calculating my body fat, BMI, TDEE blah blah blah (you know the drill) and I've upped it to 1600. We'll see what happens.

Glad to hear! That gives you more leeway for lots of healthy, nourishing food.
  • skylarloses
    skylarloses Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    start: April 7th

Skylar: 4
    Binge: 0

Tonight has been really stressful with work, been hard to resist the binge but I'm determined. I just keep telling myself "No"

"One Day at a Time"
  • whitney7erickson
    whitney7erickson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Start April 8, 2013

Whitney: 3
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Start April 8, 2013

Whitney: 3

Welcome!
  • run252
    run252 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    you can do it!! it'll be so worth it in the end!

Wanted to give up and binge today after snacking but didn't!! am happy to report 11 days in a row!
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Kim: 10
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    April 10

Me-7
    The B-3

Went to bed last night instead of eating, which was what I REALLY wanted to do.
  • BeautifullyMe29
    Options
    April 2013

04/10/13 (First day in group)

Me: 0
    Binge:1 :sick:

It's ok. I was on the elliptical for twenty minutes and did 45 minutes of pilates. It could have been much, MUCH worse. :noway:

Ready for tomorrow!!!

YAY
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    April 2013:
    Mollie - 10
    The Binge - 0

Days did not log it all - 0
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan- 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL
    Mar- 6 days I did not log it ALL
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg