Options

Replies

• toothwalker_
    toothwalker_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Kim: 9
    Binge: 2
    (April 2, 11)

I must say, 8 days was a pretty good run. Today was just small bad decisions that added up to some sweets binging. I'm still crap when it comes to social situations -- I can hold back the Binge Monster at home, but it's like I ignore my good sense when I'm out with friends (and it's truly binging, not just polite eating). Not really sure how to fix that.
  • traceycalaway
    traceycalaway Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    me 9 the binge 1.
  • Phoenix212
    Phoenix212 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Since I've been seeing and hearing a lot of good things lately, I decided to try the intermittent fasting thing today. Fasted for 24 hours from dinner last night to dinner tonight and then had a bigger dinner than usual (500 calories). Tomorrow I'll eat fairly normally hopefully. It was definitely an interesting experience. I was lightheaded for most of the day but it wasn't too terrible. Only issue was when I finally broke the fast with dinner I wanted to inhale my plate along with everything else in 20 mile radius. Managed to resist with decaf green tea and a lot of water, but it remains to be seen if this is a good idea for me.

At least it's one more day down

Me: 11
    Binge: 0
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    April 12th. Logging in early to try and stay accountable today!

Sarah: 9
    Binge: 3
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Since I've been seeing and hearing a lot of good things lately, I decided to try the intermittent fasting thing today. Fasted for 24 hours from dinner last night to dinner tonight and then had a bigger dinner than usual (500 calories). Tomorrow I'll eat fairly normally hopefully. It was definitely an interesting experience. I was lightheaded for most of the day but it wasn't too terrible. Only issue was when I finally broke the fast with dinner I wanted to inhale my plate along with everything else in 20 mile radius. Managed to resist with decaf green tea and a lot of water, but it remains to be seen if this is a good idea for me.

Oddly, I did not have the issue with wanting to inhale everything but then, I am used to only having a few snacks in the daytime anyway and have always eaten most of my calories in the evening/night. I would not do a 24 hour fast, I follow the leangains idea of 16 hour fast each day, 8 hour eating window. And I would no way get by on a 500 calorie dinner. Even before doing this, 500 was a light dinner for me, haha. You must be on a very low daily goal. My dinners now that I am doing IF total between 700-1000 calories. And because I eat a large meal with plenty of variety in the evening, and then a lighter bedtime meal, I can last another 14-16 hours without experiencing any rumbles. The key is to make sure you are full when you are done eating for the day. It will not work for everyone and is maybe more manageable for those who are using the TDEE - 15% method of eating.
  • Phoenix212
    Phoenix212 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping that it will get easier as it was promised to in the book. Maybe this will help me gain better control over my cravings too? I don't know, but I guess it's a good sign that I was able to resist! I'm going to keep trying and if it backfires then I'll know it's not for me. Honestly, I just want to drop this weight by June and I'm really prone to plateaus.
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Me -9
    Binge - 2

I'm back to where I was pre binge. Major victory if I make it through the week end.
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping that it will get easier as it was promised to in the book. Maybe this will help me gain better control over my cravings too? I don't know, but I guess it's a good sign that I was able to resist! I'm going to keep trying and if it backfires then I'll know it's not for me. Honestly, I just want to drop this weight by June and I'm really prone to plateaus.

Phoenix, are you doing the Fast Diet? I'm interested to see how you like it. Heather
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Heather: 10
    Binge: 1
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    April 11

Me-8
    The B-3

Ready for the weekend. I think.
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options

Oddly, I did not have the issue with wanting to inhale everything but then, I am used to only having a few snacks in the daytime anyway and have always eaten most of my calories in the evening/night. I would not do a 24 hour fast, I follow the leangains idea of 16 hour fast each day, 8 hour eating window. And I would no way get by on a 500 calorie dinner. Even before doing this, 500 was a light dinner for me, haha. You must be on a very low daily goal. My dinners now that I am doing IF total between 700-1000 calories. And because I eat a large meal with plenty of variety in the evening, and then a lighter bedtime meal, I can last another 14-16 hours without experiencing any rumbles. The key is to make sure you are full when you are done eating for the day. It will not work for everyone and is maybe more manageable for those who are using the TDEE - 15% method of eating.

You guys are doing great! :drinker:
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    April 11

Me - 11
    Binge Monster - 0

suck it Bingey!!!!
  • DopeyDudleyDursley
    Options
    Won today!
    Kyle: 4
    Binge: 2
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Have no idea why I didn't post here yesterday. Both days went well, though I barely made it under yesterday, and that was after earning and eating exercise calories.

April 2013

4/10/13 and 4/11/13
    Poppy: 10
    the binge 1
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I've had 5-6 binges. Some weren't that high of calorie days (3,000 ish) others were way worse (5,000- 6,000+)

I feel like a failure. My goal was 4-5 this whole month. I don't have much faith...It's freaking only the start of the month. Why the hell do I do this... It's like food takes over. then the "must restrict" thoughts pop up. I've been on MFP since LAST year of APRIL/Or MAY. Long enough to be at my goal if I didn't have this habit.

It feels worse because I've HAD 4 BINGE DAYS IN A ROW.

That hasn't happened for a quite some time... the most is 3.,... usually it's 2 days in a row and then I stop... but no, it's 4 days and I'm so scared I'll let it carry on for a week.
    Wish me luck. I hate BED.

~Sorry for the negativity. I don't know where else to rant at. This is stuff no one around me talks about.

I don't think you are being negative. You have always been so supportive that it all balances out:heart:

I really don't know how to stop binge eating ...I wish I did. I know you all told me not to give up the last time I was out there for almost a month before I could get myself back to my healthy eating, so ....Don't give up!!! We are here for you.
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    ME: 6
    binge: 3 (4/2, 4/3, 4/6)
    over-eating: 1 (today- 4/10)

I decided to give myself a little leeway today, which ended up being a very bad idea. After dinner time, I ended up eating way to many
    , but stopped myself before it got too out of control. Definitely ate over my TDEE, but I wouldn't classify it as a binge, so I decided to add a new category!

I too over ate yesterday, but it definitely wasn't a binge. There's definitely a difference between having a meal & wine tgt takes you over your target calories like I did yesterday & a chain eating binge.

Me : 7
    Binge : 3
    Over eating : 1
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Kim: 11

I seriously need to keep this going but the evil binge monster though pops into my thoughts a lot :/
  • bodymindsouletc
    Options
    Pretty sure this is my first post on MFP - good place to start, me thinks!

Hannah - 10

The Binge - 1
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    April 11

me: 11

bingemonster: 0
  • carly_am
    carly_am Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Carly: 8
    Binge: 3

Also lost another 2lbs this week so I'm only 1.75lbs of my pre most recent 2 week binge weight! :)

Keep it up everyone, you CAN do this