April Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• yoshna
    yoshna Posts: 69
    Options
    Me: 11
    Binge: 0

YES! Yesterday was HARD, so very nearly didn't beat it after a glass of wine and a chocolate brownie, but I DID - happy!
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    April 11, 2013

me: 8

Binge:3

I definitely overate today, I was so hungry and maybe TOM is coming not sure. But it was not a binge because I knew exactly what I was doing and was definitely in control this time. I guess that is one thing to be grateful for
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    April 11
    Karen 5
    The Binge 6

Days Left 19

Binge Days
    4/1 4/2 4/3 4/4
    4/5 4/8 4/10

I overate. It was a rest day and a stressful day too. I need to get this under control.
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    Ok weekend time....we can do this!!

April 12th

Me: 10
    Binge: 1
    (4/6)

Lays left: 18

Hoping to post up again on monday with the binge sitting at 1.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    4-12-13
    Jul: 9
    Binge: 3 (4/4, 4/5, 4/11)

Very rough night. I knew what I was doing and felt very sick from the gluten & carbs, I know I can't process that well. I still struggle with having an overbooked schedule and wanting to spend all this time with friends but then abandoning my workouts. The guilt from a missed workout leads me to toss a whole day away, which I know if not successful. I know I'm restricting today, but I just want to..and feel like I need to in order to fit into this bridesmaids dress TWO weeks away! On a brighter note, my best friend at work and I booked our trip to Athens & Santorini, Greece yesterday for July 9th. She's very lean and I want to make sure I am comfortable and confident while I'm there. Motivation.

It's nice to see the new people who've found this group to help support them! It really has helped me to be accountable..I've had some really great months and I know others haven't been my best. It's nice to go back and see the progress I've made, even if it's just my mindset : ) This is a lnog post! Happy Friday friends! We can handle this weekend : )
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    April 2013

Diane - 9
    The Binge - 2
  • angelaengbrecht
    angelaengbrecht Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Me - 7
    The Binge - 5

I'm really glad that I found this group.

I've been using MFP for about 2.5 months now, and have only lost about 1lb per month, despite the fact that I run between 5-15K five nights per week. This is, of course, largely because I engage in binge eating roughly 1-3 times per week, at about 3500 calories each time! No wonder I'm not losing much!

I've struggled with binge eating for so long, and I've only just recently realized that it's a genuine and treatable affliction, and that it's not a reflection of my self worth.

Anyhow, this month's stats don't look great, but since I'm new to the challenge, I suppose it's natural to have a little room for improvement!

Thanks for the support!
  • angelaengbrecht
    angelaengbrecht Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Karen -

I noticed that we're both close to being tied with The Binge, and I was wondering about maybe teaming up?

What if we tried to make our combined scores beat The Binges combined score? I don't know if anyone ever does that, but it seems like it might be a good way to encourage each other!

Anyhow, you're really close to winning. I'm not sure what your score was for today (4/12) but you're super close to tying it up!

You can do it!

Me - 7
    The Binge - 5
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    April 12

Me: 5
    Binge: 7

I'm on a roll. 3 binge free days. I'm actually amazed because I've been working on a tight deadline for work and I ALWAYS binge when I'm stressed. This is new for me. :smile:
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    As of 4/11
    Ashley: 8
    Binge: 3

Days binge free 3.5 :)

I'm feeling stronger. I stopped logging my exercise cals, and instead I'm just shooting for a specific calorie amount :)

I can do this. It's been almost 4 days since my last binge and I'm finally losing the bloat and discomfort from gluten and dairy, now I just have to lose the handful of lbs I've gained :) I've learned that getting 8 hours of sleep is vital for me to be strong.
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Karen -

I noticed that we're both close to being tied with The Binge, and I was wondering about maybe teaming up?

What if we tried to make our combined scores beat The Binges combined score? I don't know if anyone ever does that, but it seems like it might be a good way to encourage each other!

I know I'm not Karen and this wasn't addressed to me, but FWIW I think this is a great idea! Sometimes a gal just needs that extra bit of accountability to keep her on the right path.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    April 2013:
    Mollie - 10
    The Binge - 1

Days did not log it all - 0
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan- 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL
    Mar- 6 days I did not log it ALL
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
    [/quote]
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Karen -

I know I'm not Karen and this wasn't addressed to me, but FWIW I think this is a great idea! Sometimes a gal just needs that extra bit of accountability to keep her on the right path.

That sounds fun, I'd take a buddy for that. =)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Me - 7
    The Binge - 5

I'm really glad that I found this group.

I've been using MFP for about 2.5 months now, and have only lost about 1lb per month, despite the fact that I run between 5-15K five nights per week. This is, of course, largely because I engage in binge eating roughly 1-3 times per week, at about 3500 calories each time! No wonder I'm not losing much!

I've struggled with binge eating for so long, and I've only just recently realized that it's a genuine and treatable affliction, and that it's not a reflection of my self worth.

Anyhow, this month's stats don't look great, but since I'm new to the challenge, I suppose it's natural to have a little room for improvement!

Thanks for the support!

You might find going easier on the running and mixing things up, maybe adding in some strength training, bike, elliptical, boxing or somesuch in helps. I know that when I was doing that amount of exercise so often, I went into really severe binges. Also, sometimes doing too much cardio can actually result in weight loss slowing down, just do some google hunting, there is quite a bit of info on it. I looked into it myself as I don't want to find I am shooting myself in the foot, so to speak, lol.
    Also, be sure you are eating enough. Better to set your loss to 1/2 Ib a week and eat a little more and have a slower weight loss and avoid the binge (no info on your profile so no idea how you are going about this).

Anyways, good luck, and great idea regarding the joint effort.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Kate - 10.
    Binge - 2.

Doing pretty darn well.
    Still intermittent fasting.

Today was a real challenge as I had very little sleep and that used to trigger me to eat a lot of sugary rubbish and binge full on, but I went to the gym after my early doctor's appointment and worked out for nearly 2 hours instead, then came home and napped before having my usual mega dinner. Sort of proud, I suppose, slightly. It takes a lot for me to feel any pride in myself.
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Kate - 10.
    Binge - 2.

Doing pretty darn well.

Today was a real challenge as I had very little sleep and that used to trigger me to eat a lot of sugary rubbish and binge full on, but I went to the gym after my early doctor's appointment and worked out for nearly 2 hours instead, then came home and napped before having my usual mega dinner. Sort of proud, I suppose, slightly. It takes a lot for me to feel any pride in myself.

Go Graelwyn!!! You should be proud :) I love that you found the intermittent fasting to work for you! It seems like it fits well with your eating patterns and limits the triggers. It amazes me that you don't get overly hungry...., that is a trigger for me.

Anyway, kudos to you:drinker:
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Kate - 10.
    Binge - 2.

Doing pretty darn well.

Go Graelwyn!!! You should be proud :) I love that you found the intermittent fasting to work for you! It seems like it fits well with your eating patterns and limits the triggers. It amazes me that you don't get overly hungry...., that is a trigger for me.

Anyway, kudos to you:drinker:

It suits my all or nothing personality. Nothing in the daytime and all in the evening, lol. I do better having no food at all than eating bits and pieces. I keep control in the day, then can let go that control a bit when it is hardest for me. I think also, as a former anorexic, I still have that capacity to retain control over food when hungry, in the right circumstances. And since I am eating fine in the evenings, it is not an issue.
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    April 12

Me-9
    The B-3

Made it through Friday night with my husband away on travel and the kids in bed by 9:00. That's really huge for me because I was all alone and I'm a secret eater.

Congrats on such a good day Graelwyn. I understand what you mean about being an all or nothing type. I too am much like that so I only eat 3 meals a day. I don't snack or pick and I never eat after dinner. That's usually what triggers a binge for me.
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Heather: 11
    Binge: 1
  • DopeyDudleyDursley
    Options
    Make it 5-2!

Take that Binge!

:)