April Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• DopeyDudleyDursley
    Options
    Well I forgot to post yesterday. I won yesterday, there was a point this morning where I ate way too much sunflower seed butter in one sitting. I consider today a loss. Guess that makes:
    Kyle: 3
    Binge: 2

Still winning the battle, but not by as much! Tomorrow is a new day!!! :)
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    April 10

me: 10

bingemonster: 0
  • beachgirl1793
    Options
    ME: 6
    binge: 3 (4/2, 4/3, 4/6)
    over-eating: 1 (today- 4/10)

I decided to give myself a little leeway today, which ended up being a very bad idea. After dinner time, I ended up eating way to many
    , but stopped myself before it got too out of control. Definitely ate over my TDEE, but I wouldn't classify it as a binge, so I decided to add a new category!
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Me : 7
    Binge : 3

Binge free so far this week, here's to day 11!
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    April 10, 2013

Me:7
    Binge:3

Doing a little better.....
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Me Vs the Binge Challenge

April 10
    Karen 5
    The Binge 5

Days Left 20

Binge Days
    4/1 4/2 4/3 4/4
    4/5 4/8
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Heather: 7
    Binge: 1

Feeling really good after this weekend and today. I upped my calories to 1400 and I feel content, but there's a little demented diet voice inside that's tormenting me ever so slightly saying I'll never lose anything eating that much. I don't care. I wanna try this b/c I'm sick of eating nothing and losing lots only to regain it right back in a second. As the saying goes, insanity is doing something over and over again the same way and expecting a different result.

As always I'm thankful to the group for being here and having me.

You can lose weight on 1400 don't worry!! If you exercise I am sure you will have enough of a calorie deficit to lose.

On 1400, it would only take 30 minutes of exercise a day to bring someone's net into a potentially unhealthy number. Most can eat 1400 + at least half of their exercise calories and lose weight. It is keeping calories to unrealistic numbers that can lead to issues with binging in the first place. The body does not like it and will do what it can to bring back balance.

You are definitely right. I've been calculating my body fat, BMI, TDEE blah blah blah (you know the drill) and I've upped it to 1600. We'll see what happens.

Kind of what I meant that 1400 was too low :) I eat around 2000 on exercise days.
  • julieanne0924
    julieanne0924 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    April 10

Me: 8
    Binge: 2 (4/4; 4/6)

Last night was hard. My daughter's ballet class ran long and when I got home I was starving. Trying to help my husband made me a trigger food, which I ate. I tried to eat really slowly but whatever chemical is in that stupid food just made me think of all the other stuff we had. Usually, I pack the kids's lunches, but I asked my husband to do it last night b/c I didn't feel strong enough to be in the kitchen or pantry with all the other stuff. I did eat some other weird combos of food last night, but stayed within my goals and focused on picking up the house and getting my self to bed instead of waiting for my husband to go to bed and then going to town binging. I get so upset when I feel strong during the day and then when I get home I so weak.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    11th April.

Kate - 9.
    Binge - 2.

I did overeat before bed, but I am not really calling it a binge because it was not mindless, I knew what I was doing, and it was nothing like other times I have binged. I also have a virus and am guessing that might have been part of why I was craving carbs so badly.
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Me - 10
    Binge - 0

21 days binge free :love:

Feeling a bit shakey, though. The binge monster is lurking there more than it has been. Lots of stress in my life right now, so this might just be a time for me to practice handling the monster in spite of stress and feeling of loss of control in the rest of my life. If I want long term success, I do need to have strategies for these times...and I rebel against any sort of control or restrictions..
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Me - 10
    Binge - 0

21 days binge free :love:

Feeling a bit shakey, though. The binge monster is lurking there more than it has been. Lots of stress in my life right now, so this might just be a time for me to practice handling the monster in spite of stress and feeling of loss of control in the rest of my life. If I want long term success, I do need to have strategies for these times...and I rebel against any sort of control or restrictions..suggestions?

Well done, that is a great record! The strategy I suggest is allowing yourself a meal you would normally not have but which you enjoy, with maybe a small dessert. I think having a 'treat/cheat' meal once a week, if you tend to get rigid when you are doing well, can be a good way to relax that and carry on.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    April 2013

Diane - 9
    The Binge - 1
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    April 10

Me - 10
    Binge - 0

TAKE THAT BINGE!!
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    4-11-13
    Jul: 9
    Binge: 2 (4/4, 4/5)

Days in April: 30

Ate very little during the day yesterday so I was starving when I got home...had a large snack/meal..but stopped before it got out of control. Still have feelings to restrict.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I've had 5-6 binges. Some weren't that high of calorie days (3,000 ish) others were way worse (5,000- 6,000+)

I feel like a failure. My goal was 4-5 this whole month. I don't have much faith...It's freaking only the start of the month. Why the hell do I do this... It's like food takes over. then the "must restrict" thoughts pop up. I've been on MFP since LAST year of APRIL/Or MAY. Long enough to be at my goal if I didn't have this habit.

It feels worse because I've HAD 4 BINGE DAYS IN A ROW.

That hasn't happened for a quite some time... the most is 3.,... usually it's 2 days in a row and then I stop... but no, it's 4 days and I'm so scared I'll let it carry on for a week.

Wish me luck. I hate BED.

~Sorry for the negativity. I don't know where else to rant at. This is stuff no one around me talks about.
  • info_nrs
    info_nrs Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    April 11

Me - 8 :flowerforyou:
    Binge - 2 (4/3 & 4/6)

Planning my meals sure is helping. . . I binge more when I'm run down and hungry with nothing healthy around!!!
  • escapepod
    escapepod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my third binge this month - that's the bad news. The good news is, I'm back on track today instead of using it as an excuse to eat crap for several days. Until yesterday I'd put together a 4- day streak of no-binge days, though there was definitely some overeating creeping in there. I know I can do better than that, so I'm putting my heart into a week of no-binge days. Wish me success!
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    As of April 10
    Ashley 7
    Binge 3

I definitely ate too many tortilla chips after my long run, and they made me sick, but it wasn't an OOC binge, it was just a bad call at dinner.

Days binge free, 2.5
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I've had 5-6 binges. Some weren't that high of calorie days (3,000 ish) others were way worse (5,000- 6,000+)

I feel like a failure. My goal was 4-5 this whole month. I don't have much faith...It's freaking only the start of the month. Why the hell do I do this... It's like food takes over. then the "must restrict" thoughts pop up. I've been on MFP since LAST year of APRIL/Or MAY. Long enough to be at my goal if I didn't have this habit.

It feels worse because I've HAD 4 BINGE DAYS IN A ROW.

That hasn't happened for a quite some time... the most is 3.,... usually it's 2 days in a row and then I stop... but no, it's 4 days and I'm so scared I'll let it carry on for a week.

Wish me luck. I hate BED.

~Sorry for the negativity. I don't know where else to rant at. This is stuff no one around me talks about.

Hang in there!!! How is today going?
  • Rukia_Kuchiki
    Options
    April 11th
    Me:11
    Binge:0
    :)