INSANITY

Options

Replies

• bear_28
    bear_28 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Done with Month 1!!!! Yey! Can't believe that its only been 4 weeks. I'll be starting with recovery week tomorrow then THE MONTH 2. I'm scared and excited at the same time. To those who have done month 2 already, do you have any tips to "survive" it? From the posts I read it was pretty exhausting. Oh and is it okay to the ABS on a different time, like in the evening or does it have to be back to back with the cardio? I only have an hour to exercise before going to work and frankly, I need a long recovery time before starting with another exercise. Thanks! ^^,
  • mzootie
    mzootie Posts: 133
    Options
    Just started the recovery week this morning with the Core and balance. Loved it. It is less intense than the others but good results on the calorie burn plus great work on the core and ABS. Friend me if you like, we are on the same schedule with Max next week.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    Done with Month 1!!!! Yey! Can't believe that its only been 4 weeks. I'll be starting with recovery week tomorrow then THE MONTH 2. I'm scared and excited at the same time. To those who have done month 2 already, do you have any tips to "survive" it? From the posts I read it was pretty exhausting. Oh and is it okay to the ABS on a different time, like in the evening or does it have to be back to back with the cardio? I only have an hour to exercise before going to work and frankly, I need a long recovery time before starting with another exercise. Thanks! ^^,

most people probably do it right after, but thats not necessary and most people just do it to get it out of the way. if you can take a break and come back later and maybe you get somemore reps in, thats a bonus if you ask me.

OK, so the stretch video in Vol 2 is probably then only stretching video that isn't 100% boring. he does some interesting stretches throughout the program, including some with the jump rope.

The championship dvd is awesome. Its hard as hell but i honestly did have fun at times. Gameday from asylum 1 is work start to finish. and there is still a lot of rapid fire 'insanity' type exercises in it. Vol 2 is all really complex sequences and big moves that take a lot of effort but are quite a departure from just doing high knees or power knees over and over. It sort of evolved from aerobics class to football camp lol. vol 2 is offically football camp without the helmet lol. he's actually got you diving on the floor in championship.
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    @ivydiaz1983, @bllecroy - welcome!

@bear_28 - Great job! Agreed with @no_finish_line. It's easier to do it right after so that you can take a shower right after :) In p90x, I actually do the ab workout before the weight because I had more energy to complete all the ab moves earlier on.

@mzootie - Great job! Have you seen results yet so far?

@no_finish_line - That sounds fun! I'm going to try Asylum after I'm done with the hybrid.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    forgot that Asylum gets harder the more you do it. first entire round really your just learning the moves and developing the strength/skill to do them.
    So it doesn't seem as taxing from a cardio stand point... until you get them down and can do more of them, then it gets pretty tough.
  • dwest1976
    dwest1976 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    After a week of vacation where I did the Recovery Video a few times and completed a few 4.5 mile runs, I am back on teh Program. The Max Circuit was not too bad, but the Max Plyo kicked my butt this morning! I didn't know there where do many different types of push-ups to be done.

It feels good to be sore again, especially in the core and chest. The Month 1 videos were definitely still a challenge for me, but I was not really sore for the last two weeks.
  • proton77
    Options
    That's awesome! Max Circuit was one of my favorites in the Insanity program. Anything "Plyo" is still my enemy :)
  • proton77
    Options
    It was fast and furious for me again last night. If you guys haven't tried it, I suggest that you try it! LOL. It's short but quite challenging because it's non-stop action, like Pure Cardio, but at a much faster pace.
  • dwest1976
    dwest1976 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I woke up this morning, sore from my first three days of Month 2, looking forward to the "Max Recovery" video.

I hopped on the scale......down 3 pounds from Monday! I guess the key to breaking through a pleateau is taking a week of vacation, drinking a bunch of red wine and eating ice cream with a bunch of runs to maintain, then eat clean for a couple days and break back into Insanity!

I am down about 8 pounds since starting Insanity, hoping the remaining the 20 workouts and some good diet will help me drop about 5 more before its all said and done.

Month 2 is hard, but much more fun IMO.
  • proton77
    Options

I am down about 8 pounds since starting Insanity, hoping the remaining the 20 workouts and some good diet will help me drop about 5 more before its all said and done.

Great job!
  • Pinkemi
    Pinkemi Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am on my rest day for week 2. Can't wait to start week 3 tomorrow! This is the first exercise program that I have EVER managed to stick with. :-D

I stupidly didnt take any measurments.. so wish I did. I feel stronger but I'm not sure if I am thinner yet. People have said i am looking it but I can't feel it. lol
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am on my rest day for week 2. Can't wait to start week 3 tomorrow! This is the first exercise program that I have EVER managed to stick with. :-D

I stupidly didnt take any measurments.. so wish I did. I feel stronger but I'm not sure if I am thinner yet. People have said i am looking it but I can't feel it. lol

Take them now. You will see a difference at the end, especially after month 2...lol So take pics and measurements today:smile:
  • proton77
    Options
    @pinkemi - Agreed with @lyndabyh! You've got to take measures and document your progress like taking pictures and stuff. A lot of time people don't see the scale moving but in reality they're losing fat and look much better. I took pictures like once a week when I was doing p90x and I'm glad that I did that because I could really see the positive progress. Good job!
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sorry if someone has already asked this, but how do you recommend incorporating Shaun T's upper body weight training routine while doing Insanity? I really want to do that during my second round of Insanity :) Thanks!
  • proton77
    Options
    You have a few options - you could swap out 2-3 of the Insanity workout with his upper body weight training, preferably every other day. E.g. Day 1, 3, 5 can be the regular Insanity workout and day 2, 4, 6 can be the weight.
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    good morning lovelies! I completed month one and I am still alive LOL YAY! Started my recovery week today and after a weekend of fun at the races including booze AND fried foods...I was dragging butt for sure!
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    Sorry if someone has already asked this, but how do you recommend incorporating Shaun T's upper body weight training routine while doing Insanity? I really want to do that during my second round of Insanity :) Thanks!

i was going to the gym 2-3 times a week after my insanity workout. you could just stick to the program and and the UB workout in 2-3 times a week if your ambitious. might want to eat a little extra if you do it that way.

very jealous of those with this dvd. i cry whenever shaun picks up a dumbell lol. whats it like? can't imagine its 100% devoid of cardio lol
  • FitBlackChick
    Options
    You have a few options - you could swap out 2-3 of the Insanity workout with his upper body weight training, preferably every other day. E.g. Day 1, 3, 5 can be the regular Insanity workout and day 2, 4, 6 can be the weight.

Thanks Proton! Much appreciated :)
  • FitBlackChick
    Options

i was going to the gym 2-3 times a week after my insanity workout. you could just stick to the program and and the UB workout in 2-3 times a week if your ambitious. might want to eat a little extra if you do it that way.

very jealous of those with this dvd. i cry whenever shaun picks up a dumbell lol. whats it like? can't imagine its 100% devoid of cardio lol

Lol it isn't. There are floor runs (i think that's cardio, not much of an expert haha). I've never done any kind of weight training program so it looks rough to me!

Thanks for your advice :)
  • FitBlackChick
    Options
    good morning lovelies! I completed month one and I am still alive LOL YAY! Started my recovery week today and after a weekend of fun at the races including booze AND fried foods...I was dragging butt for sure!

Congratulations on finishing Month One! I'm the same :) Recovery week starts today!