INSANITY

Options

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    probably want to follow proton's suggestion if your brand new to lifting. just to avoid injury/over training.
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    probably want to follow proton's suggestion if your brand new to lifting. just to avoid injury/over training.

Thank you :)
  • bear_28
    bear_28 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Month 2, Day 1! It was gruesome!!! I was literally a drenched lump on the floor after one hour. LOL

How do you guys survive this? I had to take so many breaks 'cause my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my body. By the last circuit, I could barely keep my core tight as I was so sore. OMG.

Also, do you up your calories during month 2? If so, by how much? I was so hungry at breakfast that I ate my planned afternoon snack. Not sure if its normal to be this famished.

Kudos to everyone who've finished month2! :flowerforyou: And those in the same boat as me, I feel your pain! LOL :drinker:
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    @mizvandyk - Enjoy your recovery week! And nice profile pic BTW :)

@bear_28 - I too had to take many breaks and many times stopped before the time for that particular set is up. But you do your best and stick with it the best you can. If your heart rate is in the danger zone, take a quick 5-10 seconds break to recover before pushing hard again. Soreness is gooooooood :)

If you already had your calorie need calculated, you don't really need to increase it. It's quite common to feel hungry faster especially when you're working your body hard on a daily basis. You could add 1 - 2 snacks into your daily diet e.g. eating every 2-3 hours to fight/prevent the hunger, as long as you're not going over your calorie and macro budget. Keep digging deep!
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I started asylum today.. OMG it was hilarious. The moves themself are familiar from Insanity but I swear that agility ladder came alive and grabbed me everytime I got near it. I am NOT coordinated and this was hard for me.I took way more breaks then I wanted to but I had to keep getting the murderous ladder off my feet.

Hopefully as I repeat the videos and get used to the moves I can go faster and harder. I did really like it and I can see that it will give results ( if I don't break my neck..lol). Sticking with it for now
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Month 2, Day 1! It was gruesome!!! I was literally a drenched lump on the floor after one hour. LOL

How do you guys survive this? I had to take so many breaks 'cause my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my body. By the last circuit, I could barely keep my core tight as I was so sore. OMG.

Also, do you up your calories during month 2? If so, by how much? I was so hungry at breakfast that I ate my planned afternoon snack. Not sure if its normal to be this famished.

Kudos to everyone who've finished month2! :flowerforyou: And those in the same boat as me, I feel your pain! LOL :drinker:

I have 13 days left; the worse is that fit test and max interval is on day 1 of month 2 and day 15. It's a brutal double dose of Shaun T!

I increased my calories because my calorie burn went up a couple hundred calories... you may want to consider! Good luck with month 2! It's something else! :)
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    I started asylum today.. OMG it was hilarious. The moves themself are familiar from Insanity but I swear that agility ladder came alive and grabbed me everytime I got near it. I am NOT coordinated and this was hard for me.I took way more breaks then I wanted to but I had to keep getting the murderous ladder off my feet.

Hopefully as I repeat the videos and get used to the moves I can go faster and harder. I did really like it and I can see that it will give results ( if I don't break my neck..lol). Sticking with it for now

thats awesome... asylum vol 1?

i'd say its a whole different animal then insanity. Insanity is full of moves that pretty much anyone can do, and therefore its pretty safe to do them rapid fire. when you get to the point of exhaustion, form breaks and there is a chance of injury there if you repeatedly perform the movements incorrectly.

there is stuff in the overtime video i still can't really perfrom well even after doing it 3 times. my heart rate probably gets considerably higher for longer in insanity, but asylum seems like a more complete and way more fun workout. but when you get to the point of exhaustion, there is a legitimate threat of injury from falling flat on your face, rolling an ankle, etc. because of the more complex nature of the moves.

I'm getting to the point that i really don't think i need to work even half as hard as these beachbody workouts work you in order to be happy with the way i look... i don't ever see myself completely abandoning the asylum series tho

Something about the all black indoor area they are in is kind of forboding though lol.
  • proton77
    Options
    @lyndabyh - you and @no_finish_line are really getting curious about asylum. I'm going to finish my hybrid and jump right into it afterward :)

@no_finish_line - thanks for the great insight bro!

It's been almost a couple of weeks since I did my final Insnaity Fit Test. Yesterday was my cardio day so I tried the fit test to see how/if I've improved.

My stomach was cramping a little prior to the workout maybe because I ate a larger meal for lunch. That impacted the workout. I was basically on par with most of the moves except for power jumps. In the last fit test, I did about 65 power jumps but yesterday I was only able to do 55 :( That was dissapointing. But I know I'm better than that. I'm going to strive for better result in the next round.

My upper body started to get a little sore yesterday since I really brought it in the pullups on Monday. :) Soreness is good!

Hope you all have been digging deep!
  • greeenerone
    greeenerone Posts: 49
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I have started round 2 of insanity after a short medical break, it seems to be going better than the last round, maybe I have some of the stamina I built from the last one. Hopefully I will get better results this time.
  • lyndabyh
    Options
    Yep Asylum1. I did strenght today and it was amazing. The moves were just hard enough without being completely overwhelming, the pace was just fast enough and it was fun. I can see this being a go to workout even after finishing Asylum. Add heavier weights and away you go!!
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    First time round on Insanity its Day 4 for me today.

A little soreness but im looking forward to be able to get through the whole workout without stopping.

I can recover in time its just doing the full minute of some exercises are killer.

My legs are getting a good workout on this program.

My diet is good I was under eating previously which stalled my weight loss but I seem to have fixed it by increasing my calories.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    Yep Asylum1. I did strenght today and it was amazing. The moves were just hard enough without being completely overwhelming, the pace was just fast enough and it was fun. I can see this being a go to workout even after finishing Asylum. Add heavier weights and away you go!!

whenever shaun picks up a dumbell, i cry lol. for some reason, that one was maybe the hardest for me, at least right off the bat.

if your feeling super human, do the insanity/asylum hybrid on the back of the calander. Honestly the hardest beachbody program i've ever done.

really, take a peek. Think the very first one is a two-a-day with strength and pure cardio. enjoy! Look ahead and max interval circuit is paired with something else for a double... and game day with DOUBLE overtime!!!!
  • proton77
    Options
    @greeenerone - Way to go! Did you meet your goal for the last round?

@wffolkes - Welcome! Thanks for joining and keeping us posted :) You got some great transformation there.

My quads and legs are getting a bit sore today from the Fit Test I did on Tuesday. I didn't feel much soreness when I was doing my first round of Insanity (except for the first week and the week after the recovery). But now in my hybrid routine, I can feel the soreness by doing it every other day. Love the hybrid schedule!
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    thinking about doing at Tai Cheng... not sure if i'm spelling it right lol. anyone have any experience with that?
  • ryans5050
    ryans5050 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey all. On my recovery week this week, but still trudging through as the friends I have here have seen from my workout updates. Really, really intimidated by next week starting Month Two. But I know I can force through it. Even doing the recovery week I'm finding I need to stop and breath. It's not so much that my muscles themselves are in pain, it's that I feel like my chest is going to explode! haha.

So I just need to make sure my expectations for Month Two are basically reset and I'm back at zero again.. *deep breath* few more days and it's time to get crazy again!!

Feel free to add me as a friend, always looking for motivation and accountability partners.
  • lyndabyh
    Options

whenever shaun picks up a dumbell, i cry lol. for some reason, that one was maybe the hardest for me, at least right off the bat.

if your feeling super human, do the insanity/asylum hybrid on the back of the calander. Honestly the hardest beachbody program i've ever done.

really, take a peek. Think the very first one is a two-a-day with strength and pure cardio. enjoy! Look ahead and max interval circuit is paired with something else for a double... and game day with DOUBLE overtime!!!!

Are you trying to kill me !!..:noway:

Who has that kind of time anyways, that would be 90 min a day I barely was able to fit cardio and abs in same day doing insanity, in fact had to rearrange schedule sometimes just to make sure I could do both.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    lol i did say 'if you're feeling super human lol'

not doubles every day, but yes very time consuming. Id do one in the morning and one in the after noon, unless it was an OT workout.
  • greeenerone
    greeenerone Posts: 49
    Options
    @greeenerone - Way to go! Did you meet your goal for the last round?

^^^^
    Thanks. I didn't meet my goal in the last round, I think I did very well though. My ultimate goal is to lose 10kgs but I understand that it may not happen within this round either. I lost 5kgs in the last one even if my form and stamina was terrible especially during the first month.
  • proton77
    Options
    thinking about doing at Tai Cheng... not sure if i'm spelling it right lol. anyone have any experience with that?

Yeah I think got it right. Tai Cheng challenge pack is on sale this month if you're interested. I haven't done it but the moves are very similar to the traditional chinese Tai Chi which is a form of martial art but slow though.
  • proton77
    Options
    @ryan5050 - Good job! Set your mind right and keep pushing every single time. You've come a long way so do whatever you can to finish month 2 strong!

@lyndabyh, @no_finish_line - yeah, I only workout once a day and that's enough for me. Being on a calorie deficit diet, I don't want to end up losing too much muscles by doing doubles :)

@greenerone - you can do it!! Stay positive my friend.

So yesterday was my cardio day and I did fast and furious again. My legs were still sore from the fit test I did on Wednesday but I pushed through anyway. When I was doing this fast paced power jumps in F&F I started to think back how I struggled with P90X plyometric a while back. There was this 'high knee jump or tuck' in p90x plyo that's similar to the insanity power jumps. I couldn't do more than 8 straight of the knee tuck but now I can do about 16 power jumps non stop. I know it may sound lame to many folks who could do more non stop LOL. But for someone like me who just a few months ago were fat and are no longer fearing that exercise is a victory :) Keep digging deep!!