Options
    Height: 165 cm
    HW: 105 kg
    CW: 99 kg
    GW: 70 kg
    Sex: F
    Kids: nope :D
    Not married but I have a boyfriend

diet plan: I just recently started a LCHF diet called keto (aiming at 20grams of carbs a day or lower). I have high hopes that it will work!

weakness: anything sweet and or carby really. Also just plain overeating anything :/

strength: I like to think that I have a lot of willpower and restraint when I've set my mind on a goal. Quit smoking cold turkey and never looked back, I am hoping I will feel the same restraint with letting carbs go :)

P.S.: sorry for kilos and metric system, I wanted to convert it, but then I just didn't xD
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Y'all can add me if you'd like. I'm on here everyday and I'm a pretty good motivator. Atkins has been good to me and I can see me doing this for the rest of my life!
    Nancy
  • chaney1010
    Options
    Hello group!
    Height: 5’6”
    HW: 178
    CW: 161
    GW: 150
    UGW: Under 145
    No children, single.
    I've pretty much have stayed the same weight for the past couple years. I’ve counted calories. I’ve increased my exorcising and drank more water. Not much has changed! It’s been very frustrating!
    A coworker suggested I go low carb and I honestly thought nnaaahh… Until I started doing some research and really looking at my food diary. I’ve maintained calories but I’ve been consuming almost 150 carbs a day! How did I do this?! Well, I swapped everything in my pantry with “low fat” or “no fat” and that just translated to lots and lots of carbs! Hopefully this is where I am making mistakes that can be corrected for a healthier lifestyle.

It's not going to be easy. I seem to love carbs very much (especially milk!) but I know I can do it. I'm glad you guys are here to help!
  • summerrose36
    summerrose36 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5
    HW: 335
    CW: 330
    GW: Under 200
    UGW: 170
    Location- Central Pennsylvania, USA
    No children
    Married to a great guy for 6 yrs; been together for 11 yrs

Diet Plan-Low Carb, South Beach with help of doctors

I
    Strengths- Trying to stay away from fast fried disgusting food. It is hard at times, but challenging.

Super weakness
    I have a HUGE sweet tooth. Anything that is baked with sugar, chocolate, fruit, cream..Im there..
  • Tina0926
    Tina0926 Posts: 43
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    HW: 276-High Weight?
    CW: 238
    UGW: 140
    Location- Illinois
    No babes but really would like a family!
    Married: Live in, named MIke : ) Been together 9 years...He's wonderful!

Diet Plan- Low Carb per myself, working with my trainer 2 times a week, and logging everything that goes in my mouth in my diary in MFP.

Super weakness----mini cannoli's, regular size cannoli's, cannoli cake, cannoli filling by itself...lol

Strengths - dedication to my program
  • debann429
    Options
    Height: 5'2"
    HW: 252
    CW: 168
    GW: 130-135
    BMI now: 30.7
    No children, but I do have one cat.

Diet Plan: Exercise, eat fruits, veggies, fish, poultry (no skin), skim cheese, dairy and yogurts, and no fried or processed foods. I try to keep my carbs under 120g a day set up by my doctor and dietician.

Daily Caloric Intake: Aiming for 1200, also set up by my doctor and dietician. I’m currently on meds for diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.

Strengths- I love cooking and baking, especially Italian. I have cookbooks for diabetics and I love trying new foods. Not only family and friends who also give me strength to help me reach my goals but also dedication to the program my doctor and dietician got me on.

BIG weakness
    since I'm Italian...Cannoli!!, plus dark chocolate!!!

Thanks
  • anorrisdyer
    anorrisdyer Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    hi to all the low carbers out there.

Low carbing has helped me easily regain my health, after a doctor put me on a high carb diet and I immedietely became diabetic. Switched to low carb and - bam - no problem!

I've been primal since 1995, strict gluten free since 2004, and paleo since this year. I love paleo as a way to get super cut, but will be a low carber for life. This is not a fad diet, it's a cure for diabetes, cancer, hbp, cardiovascular disease, etc. I hope America wakes up!

Amen
  • anorrisdyer
    anorrisdyer Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5.5
    HW: 280
    CW: 268.5
    GW: 200
    UGW: 140-160, (where ever my body decides is right for me)
    Location- Maine, USA
    No children
    Engaged to an awesome guy.

Diet Plan- Atkins and general low-carb. Under 20 right now, and for some time. I have a lot to lose, so induction level for a while.

Strengths- I was already gluten-free, due to celiac disease, so cutting most things was easy. A lot of sweet carbs are also easy for me to avoid, due to my critical allergy to cocoa. My fiancee and I swim/go to the gym normally twice a week, sometimes more.

Super weakness
    I love rice and Rudi's gluten-free multigrain bread... mmm toast. Also, I love bananas.
  • kirstyb393
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    HW: 224
    CW: 215
    GW: 170
    Location- Glasgow, UK
    1 Daughter
    Not Married - Live with partner

Diet Plan - Primal blueprint - aiming for under 100g carbs a day - lower the better - and about 1600 cals due to the high fat content of primal eating

Exercise - aiming for C25K and gym sessions 5 times a week.

Strengths - Cooking - hoping to come up with some new recipes

Weakness - wine and takeaway food
  • electricello
    electricello Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Height: 5'7"
    HW: 225
    CW: 216
    Location- Knoxville, Tennessee - USA
    No children
    Not married

Diet Plan - Modified Atkins/Paleo sometimes as I try to quit Dairy on the advice of my physician to deal with my hormone related acne (which has been insanely bad this year). I try to keep my Carbs under 40g a day, I exercise daily, and I allow myself coffee, and the occasional glass of wine.

This is coupled with getting as much exercise as I can. I suffer with chronic pain (Endometriosis, as I've seen several others in this forum do too - I feel your pain, ladies!) I love Kickboxing, Zumba and I'm trying to learn how to run, as well as lift weights now for definition and strength.

Strengths- I love ketosis, and the way it makes me feel. I am good at making my own foods and planning a decent menu for the week and then sticking to it. I make a mean salad and a great low carb cheesecake. I try to avoid processed low carb products in the name of eating more whole foods.

Super weakness
    Anything with sugar in it, but I particularly love ice cream, chocolate.
  • sc_bride
    sc_bride Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey group! I love reading through everyone's info and feeling both inspired and a sense of belonging!

Kids: Only the 4-legged kind, my goldendoodle Maggie
    Occupation: finishing my Masters and starting Osteopathic Medical School in the fall

HW: 167
    CW: 164
    GW: 135
    UGW: 127

Diet Plan: I've got my whole family on Atkins induction. I'm keeping my carbs under 20 a day, but may have some not totally induction approved things from time to time. We are also working out A LOT, everyday so hopefully we see some major success.

Strengths: Like I said my fiance and his parents are also on the plan, so there's always strength in numbers. Also, I really like exercising so I have no problem getting my burn on.

Weaknesses: Food. I love eating it and hate preparing it. I'm a terrible cook, so it's really tough to get creative or be successful in the kitchen. Also, I love a good glass of wine, which I'm probably not that willing to give up.......I mean you've got to live!
  • claymic
    claymic Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I am glad I found a low carbing group....muchos support needed!!

Info about me:

Status: engaged to a great guy.....getting married sometime in the future
    Kids: None

HW: 321lbs (back in 2000)!!
    CW: 258
    GW: 185
    UW: 170

Diet Plan: Well i have been Type 2 diabetic for nearly 10 years. Advice back then was include carbs in every meal. That coupled with me being an emotional eater has not helped and my diabetes is very uncontrolled. I have seen people lose weight by low carbing and when i have tried it before - i could see a difference. I probably could do with not having more than 50g of carbs a day.

I also need to start exercising but mainly i need to break my binge eating cycles (any thoughts???)

Strenghts: 2 years ago i stopped an 18year cigarette habit...practically cold turkey. In 2009 i lost 30lbs and was on top of the world....i know it is in me somewhere

Weakness: I originally come from a Mediterranean country.....grew up eating yummy pasta.....breads....big downfall!!!!

Thanks for reading
  • Lori543
    Lori543 Posts: 1
    Options
    Height: 5' 9"
    HW: 210
    CW: 200
    GW: 160
    UGW: don't know what this means!
    Location- Sevierville, TN - USA
    My son is 19 and lives here at home
    Married for 12 years to a guy who eats ANYTHiNG and stays slim!

Weaknesses - not "tasting" when I'm cooking for the guys, stopping the fat burning process with a few shots of Vodka!!!! Finding excuses NOT to exercise!
    Strengths - dedication...motivation and extensive research
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I've posted a couple of things, but haven't really "introduced" myself yet.

Real Name: (prefer to not say since its unsual and I'd like to maintain some privacy)
    Height: 5ft 5in
    HW: 285lbs
    CW: 166 lbs
    GW: 135 lbs
    UGW: 125 lbs
    2 teens/young adults (19yr old daughter away at college and 17yr old son who is a junior in high school)
    Married to Hubby #2 - an absolute dear

Diet Plan-
    I was on Medifast for a month, but the plan is really expensive.
    I switched to LCHF (currently at 60 total carbs daily, ave 45 net) and will be bumped down to keto levels in another week.

I walk 2-3 miles per day during the work week and get in a 5 mile walk on Saturday or Sunday.
    I've JUST started using resistance bands for some light strength training.
    With the warmer weather approaching, hubby and I will be outdoors a lot more (hiking, camping, kayaking).

Strengths- I love crafting (specifically knitting and sewing, but also enjoy crochet and papercrafts). I am a voracious reader, finishing 3-4 books per week on average. I also LOVE to cook and have been having fun making low carb items out of regular recipes. Sometimes I dont tell my family and so far no one has complained. *wink* I'm a total foodie and love trying different foods. I'll try nearly anything at least once!

Weakness: Red wine (the bigger and bolder, the better) and sweets. Prior to LCHF/keto, my sweet tooth could rage out of control. Thankfully, this way of eating has seemed to tame that particular problem (except during that Time of the Month).
  • alexalaurel
    alexalaurel Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi everyone! This is my first time posting but I am really happy to have found this group and I look forward to providing and receiving support from y'all!

HW: 175 lbs
    CW: 175 lbs (started yesterday! woo!)
    GW: 150 lbs ("healthy" BMI)
    UGW: 140-145 lbs (safely in the "healthy" zone)
    No human children, but my dear horse Ginger is my only child :)
    Happily in love with my partner for almost four years now!

Diet Plan: South Beach, currently in phase 1 (doesn't have to be "exactly" SBD, but I appreciate the science behind a lower carb lifestyle.) I like that SBD allows you to have lots of veggies and beans, despite their carbs.
    Beginning goal of 30 minutes of exercise, 3 times per week. Also 1.5 hour yoga class on Saturdays!

Strengths: I have a strong science/healthcare background so I know what proper nutrition is and don't have an excuse there :-(. Which is why it's time to practice what I preach! How can I be an unhealthy healthcare provider?! Seriously though. Also, I love working outside and have plenty of manual labor to keep me busy on the farm. Losing a bit of weight for my horse is also good motivation, I'm sure Ginger would appreciate a little less weight on her back! (Not sure if those were strengths or motivators or what, but oh well!)

Weakness: I have a major sweet tooth, which is another reason to adopt the low carb lifestyle (and I'm excited to decrease my cravings during phase 1!) Also enjoy WINE...heavy reds in cooler weather, dry sparkling whites in the summer...ack now my mouth is watering?!

Thank you all in advance for your support on this journey!! WE CAN DO IT!
  • SaebraSpirit
    SaebraSpirit Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'10"
    HW: 67.8kg
    CW: 52.4kg
    GW: 54.0kg

Location- Haywards Heath, West Sussex- UK
    No children
    Not married

Hello! Happy I joined this group I hope to contribute in every way I can :D
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I found this forum! Anyone looking for more lc friends, please feel free to add me.

Height: 5' 4.25"
    HW: 217
    CW: 162
    GW: 149 I believe 146 would put me in a "healthy BMI" range
    Sex: Not for a while
    Widowed
    2 sons - Mike and Steve
    3 cats - Maya, Colby and Zelda
    1 cockatiel - Herbie

I started Atkins in early April, stayed on induction for the two weeks and started to add carbs back in - nuts and berries. I average
    around 30 carbs/day. I stopped eating wheat in December after reading "Wheat Belly" by Dr. William Davis. I don't eat red meat - I get my protein from eggs, tuna fish, chicken, pork (mmmm---bacon), fish and of course veggies.

My weaknesses: all crappy carbs that got me in this mess: cookies, cakes, candy, ice cream

My strengths: my motivation to get to a healthy weight---I feel so much better already.

We can do this!!
  • currentlysusan
    Options
    Hi all! So nice to have lost 10 pounds low carb'n it! But, gosh I haven't been counting them...just thought not eating bread, sugar and pasta would do it! and it did up until I lost 10 pounds now I've pitched a tent and want to get it going again so I decided to come back to fitness pal and start counting carbs.
  • pcomes
    pcomes Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone! You are my first group to join. I thought I should get a little bit more involved so here I am!! Here is my info:

HW: 186.4
    CW: 166.6
    UGW: 145
    Location- Memphis, TN
    2 daughters (ages 27 and 24), one son (age 14), one "almost stepson" (age 16), and one granddaughter (age 4)
    Engaged, will be married on November 23rd (the 7th anniversary of our first date!)

Diet Plan-2-Day Diet. 2 days a week I keep my carbs around 50g. Other days I keep them around 75g. I'm trying to exercise at least 2 days a week. I do not go to a gym but I have hand weights at home and I walk for cardio. I also try to keep my added (processed) sugars to 6 tsp (24g) or less a day.

As I said, I am getting married on November 23rd. I already have my dress, and it looks like it's going to have to be altered. I guess that's a good thing! My fiance and I love to cook together and we usually make it healthy. I am smaller than I've been in a LONG time. I still have a few pounds to go but healthy eating has finally become a lifestyle rather than a "diet" for me. I'm only on my 2nd week of the 2-day diet but I love the concept and I believe that it is healthy rather than a fad/crash diet. I finally figured out that carbs and sugar are my worst enemies so now I know how to manage it. I've lost 18 pounds since Christmas and I lost 3 pounds on my first week of the 2-Day Diet so hopefully I will just keep going!!!!

I'm glad to be a part of this group!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9"
    HW: 330
    CW: 248
    GW: 225
    UGW: 200
    Location- Suburb Hell NJ... but I do get to work in NYC
    Two son's 8&9

Diet Plan-TNT It is simular to Atkins I guess. No carbs, high protein and fat.

Strengths- Lifting, I love pairing this high protein diet with heavy lifting.
    Super weakness
    Donuts