Daily Insane chat, banter and progress!

Options

Replies

• currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I did day 3 of insanity and it wasn't too bad. This is my 3rd attempt to complete it. For some reason I can't go for longer then 10 days even though I see results. So hopefully this time having support from online groups will help me stay motivated.
    Yay! for continuing to try. I hope it works for you, too. Reading how other people got on and what worked/didn't work has been really helpful. There are so many people on here who are ready and willing to answer any questions. I love mfp and I really love Insanity!
  • currlee
    Options
    Today was Cardio Recovery. Meh. I was thinking of doing another workout to up my calorie burn, but I figured that defeats the purpose of 'Recovery'. I love the duration of this video: 33 min...my fave thing about it.
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Max Interval Circuit this morning. Ugh. Month Two is NO JOKE.

I finally burned over 500 calories after a workout. I was getting discouraged because during Month One, I was lucky if I burned over 300. Loving my HRM!
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm burning alot of calories averaged around 800 per workout in the first week
    My average HR was 168 and max HR 188

Week 2 and im on day 5 so far my average HR has decreased and so has my calories averaging around 700 per workout this week so far.
  • SwimSoccerTaxi
    SwimSoccerTaxi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Finished Round 2, Month 1 and I'm SO excited about Core Cardio and Balance for a week. It is as hard the second round as it was the first but I can go as fast as the crew does now (however I still can't get through those damn Level 1 drills when we get to "IN" and "OUT".......maybe by Round 3). Everyone is doing great and you all inspire me to keep pushing play!!!
  • Woolified
    Woolified Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My husband and I usually do our work outs together, but my rotating shifts put me on 7a-7p 12 hour shifts this month, and well, I am not waking up at 4am to exercise... so here I am 9pm, finally finished doing Max Interval Circuit myself... one thing I learned? I like doing this better with my husband.. I'm more competative. However, I will say... with him walking about the house watching here and there, I think I pushed myself even harder so I looked like a bad a*s. lol :o)
  • KarlaKidd
    KarlaKidd Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello All!
    So, basically I want friends/support group that is obsessed with Insanity as much as I am. All of my workout buddies gave up on me, so I feel like I can't fully talk with anyone about my workouts. Anyway. I finished up day 37. Max interval plyo I believe. The Max workouts are kicking my butt! These are literally insane. However, so far. I've lost 4 pounds and almost 3 inches off my waist so I am loving getting my butt kicked everyday!
  • currlee
    Options
    Awesome job!
    Today was Cardio Power & Resistance. Just a week from Recovery Week....so excited!! No changes, yet. Not on the scale and not with the measurements. My fingers look smaller, again, lol. Last time Recovery Week was where I started seeing change and it just got better from there. Got my bike out of storage in the shop for a tune up. They're a week out so it'll be a week, at least, before I can start riding to work.
  • currlee
    Options
    Today I finished Week 3 and got a nice NSV: made it thru the warmup, again(finally), with no break! Made it 22 minutes before I needed a break! Today was Plyo Cardio Circuit.
  • Woolified
    Options
    Just finished my first week of month 2 - Max Interval Plyo. I am pretty sure I am experiencing an exacerbation of my Piriformis syndrome... gonna try stretching more often... hopefully it works itself out :o)
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm starting month 2 on Monday. I did one round of insanity before, now I'm jumping into month two for a second round of month 2. Month one is ok, I love month 2 for the challenge so I've taken a rest week in preparation for the killing in month two lol. I'll be working out 6am :huh: before work but I'm ready for the body fat to minimize so I'm ready!
  • Woolified
    Options
    Gained back the 2 lbs I lost in month one. Now I am at the same weight. I know we are supposed to look at all the measurements, but I am still a little disheartened. I think I need to eat closer to 2000cal a day instead of 1500, but I am afraid to do that too. I think I will try it for 2 week and see if that helps. I am on Week 2 month 2... Thought all the weight was supposed to fly off now???
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Gained back the 2 lbs I lost in month one. Now I am at the same weight. I know we are supposed to look at all the measurements, but I am still a little disheartened. I think I need to eat closer to 2000cal a day instead of 1500, but I am afraid to do that too. I think I will try it for 2 week and see if that helps. I am on Week 2 month 2... Thought all the weight was supposed to fly off now???
    I think 1500 is right about where your bmr is and your body is probably just holding on to fat because insanity is very intense but your not feuling your body properly. I'll be eating 2300 when I begin tomorrow so maybe 2000 is good for you.
  • wffolkes
    Options
    Ready for week 3 here fit test tonight...

This is my first time doing it an im loving it .

Scale weight has stayed the same just 1lb or 2lb fluctuations I feel leaner but I won't measure till month 1 is done.

I am increasing calories so waiting for it to take effect on my weight. For the first time in months i averaged my BMR for the week so I need to be averaging my TDEE -20% next. Who would have thought making sure I eat more everyday would be my challenge to lose weight.
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    today is the start of Core cardio and Balance for me. can't wait to see whats in store!
  • SwimSoccerTaxi
    Options

The last 2 weeks of Month 2 my workout shorts began to fall off!!! I didn't lose much scale wise but the inches dropped!!! I did up my calories in Month 2 as the workouts are so much more demanding. Keep doing what you are calorie wise and give it the last 2 weeks (but if you are really hungry...eat). Good luck....you've got this!!!!
  • SwimSoccerTaxi
    Options
    today is the start of Core cardio and Balance for me. can't wait to see whats in store!

Me too!!! Did the first day today. I love this DVD!!! I'm in the second round of Insanity and this week will totally prepare you for Month 2 (less breaks....more endurance....and the cardio rest)

Good luck!
  • priesterse
    priesterse Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    HELP! I've fallen off the Insanity wagon and I can't get back up.

I completed my first round of Insanity over a month ago ( with great results) and I began round 2 after a two week break. However, work/life got a little crazy and I have not completed a workout in over 2 weeks! I have been contemplating switching to a P90/Insanity hybrid but I still need to lose about 30 pounds. I really love/hate this workout, if you know what I mean.

Any suggestions?
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    HELP! I've fallen off the Insanity wagon and I can't get back up.

I completed my first round of Insanity over a month ago ( with great results) and I began round 2 after a two week break. However, work/life got a little crazy and I have not completed a workout in over 2 weeks! I have been contemplating switching to a P90/Insanity hybrid but I still need to lose about 30 pounds. I really love/hate this workout, if you know what I mean.

Any suggestions?

i suggest to just do the workout. or if your time is really pressed you can grab/youtube the insanity fast and furious workout.
  • wffolkes
    Options
    Day1 / Day 14

Switch Kicks 81 / 117
    Power Jacks 51 / 53
    Power Knees 88 / 109
    Power Jumps 26 /36
    Globe Jumps 9 / 11
    Suicide Jumps 17 / 18
    Push up Jacks 23 / 27
    Low Plank Obliques 33 / 45

Happy with some of the results 34% more productive, my legs are feeling a little tight today