Replies

• Susan_fessler
    Susan_fessler Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    went from green band to blue & red band for pulls
  • zarabeythe
    zarabeythe Posts: 10
    Options
    Yesterday was day 6 of my fundamentals week, I went every single day no matter and it felt amazing to finish. I have never worked out 6 days in a row anywhere!
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Did my first handstand pushups last night! Before the WOD I asked the coach if I should scale using the bench or box. She said "Your handstands are great, you're doing handstand pushups." Never in a million years would I have believed I could do one. :noway: Of course, I had 3 - 15# plates under my head and on the last two rounds I had to do 5 instead of 10, butt I did them! The biggest problem I had was my wrists hurt like crazy! :sad: :sad:
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I did my first handstands in decades this morning! I'm over a year into crossfit, but it has taken me most of that year to build up my injured back (herniated discs and atrophied muscles) enough to actually do things RX'd. Handstands have been on the top of my "hell no" list, just the thought of flinging my body UPSIDE DOWN at a wall was frightening. It took several failed attempts at the box, and many, many more at home, but I finally got it! Now I can't wait to do more :)
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    This morning got 3 reps of 415lbs on deadlift, first time getting multiple reps over 400lbs
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I knocked out 27 consecutive double unders this morning. So close to my goal of 30!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    PR-ed and cleaned 130# last night - oh thank heavens
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I knocked out 27 consecutive double unders this morning. So close to my goal of 30!

Nice work! My arms and legs look like I've been whipped because of all my DU failures! I'll get there though!!!
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    We did 1 Rep Max Dead lifts today. I have never maxed out on deadlifts, so I was very happy with hitting 375#. If I didnt run out of time I think I could have broke the 400# mark. Next Time!!
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    Options
    This afternoon, I did 21-15-9 of deadlifts 225lbs and 24 inch box jumps rx, in 5:34 top 5 at my box so far today
  • m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Last week, after starting Crossfit in January, I finally RX'd a WOD! I was really feeling it by the end but my coach stuck by me and helped me through it.
  • julielittlefish
    julielittlefish Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    PR'd my linked double unders this morning--up to 37. Goal is 50!
  • bowmab21
    bowmab21 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    PR'd my linked double unders this morning--up to 37. Goal is 50!

Awesome job on the DU's
  • bowmab21
    bowmab21 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Last week I overhead squated 135 like a Boss. When I started CrossFitting a year ago, I couldn't overhead squat a dowel.

Also last week..after a deadlift and box jump WOD, we did 50 handstand push-ups for time, with a 10 minute time cap. Our Boxes head trainer and I were the only two to finish...and I beat him!!????
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Last week I overhead squated 135 like a Boss. When I started CrossFitting a year ago, I couldn't overhead squat a dowel.

Also last week..after a deadlift and box jump WOD, we did 50 handstand push-ups for time, with a 10 minute time cap. Our Boxes head trainer and I were the only two to finish...and I beat him!!????

That's awesome!
  • BitteOrca
    BitteOrca Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    FINALLY stringing double unders together. Got 7 today. Not an impressive feat by any stretch but finally getting the hang of it!

I also PR'd my push press--90 lbs. Goal is to get 100 by 2014!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    FINALLY stringing double unders together. Got 7 today. Not an impressive feat by any stretch but finally getting the hang of it!

I also PR'd my push press--90 lbs. Goal is to get 100 by 2014!

DU's means practice practice - did you manage 7 consecutive?
  • difabu
    difabu Posts: 143
    Options
    Front Squatted 138 lbs (x3) yesterday.

Clean & Jerked 73 lbs (x40) today.

Still not a single DU :( , but I bought myself an RX jump rope at SoCal Regionals so I can practice all summer long once school's out.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    Options
    Front Squatted 138 lbs (x3) yesterday.

Clean & Jerked 73 lbs (x40) today.

Still not a single DU :( , but I bought myself an RX jump rope at SoCal Regionals so I can practice all summer long once school's out.

Awesome
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options

AWESOME!!!