May 22

Me: 17

Binge: 5
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    5-23-13

Jul: 16
    Binge: 7 (5/3, 5/4, 5/7, 5/8, 5/12, 5/16, 5/17)

Record: Nov. 9B, Dec. 9B, Jan. 4B, Feb. 8B, Mar. 9B, Apr. 6B

I went out to dinner last night on a date and had exactly what I had planned ahead. BUT, the restaurant did NOT prepare my food the way I asked..with the extra stuff on the side (so I didn't have to eat it at all..) but instead it was all over my entree. I didn't want to seem inflexible since I was on a first date (if I was with someone else, I completely, 100%, would have asked them to redo it : /) but I was so annoyed. As a plus, I didn't finish the meal and stopped when I was a bit full. I came home and went to bed, all in all it was a normal, healthy way to eat.
    ...but. the guilt is sticking with me. I am so obnoxiously annoyed since I wanted to avoid those calories but it was out of my control. How do you let go of this guilt? I keep telling myself that this is how 'normal' people eat, sometimes I feel like ortherexia is causing such extreme emotions. (sidenote: I never openly convey these emotions, it is all very internal). Sigh.
    Okay, to counter all this negativity, my pros have been that I'm binge free for almost a week and I'm still feeling strong, not weak like I normally do by now. I also feel stronger about having something off my 'plan' and not going overboard. I'm looking at last night as a practice for real eating and that it IS okay to give up control...as much as I hate it.
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    May 22
    Karen 13
    The Binge 5
    Over Calories 4

Days Left 9

Binge Days
    5/2 5/4 5/5
    5/17 5/18
  • karendee4
    Options
    5-23-13

I went out to dinner last night on a date and had exactly what I had planned ahead. BUT, the restaurant did NOT prepare my food the way I asked..with the extra stuff on the side (so I didn't have to eat it at all..) but instead it was all over my entree. I didn't want to seem inflexible since I was on a first date (if I was with someone else, I completely, 100%, would have asked them to redo it : /) but I was so annoyed. As a plus, I didn't finish the meal and stopped when I was a bit full. I came home and went to bed, all in all it was a normal, healthy way to eat.
    ...but. the guilt is sticking with me. I am so obnoxiously annoyed since I wanted to avoid those calories but it was out of my control. How do you let go of this guilt? I keep telling myself that this is how 'normal' people eat, sometimes I feel like ortherexia is causing such extreme emotions. (sidenote: I never openly convey these emotions, it is all very internal). Sigh.
    Okay, to counter all this negativity, my pros have been that I'm binge free for almost a week and I'm still feeling strong, not weak like I normally do by now. I also feel stronger about having something off my 'plan' and not going overboard. I'm looking at last night as a practice for real eating and that it IS okay to give up control...as much as I hate it.

Don't feel guilty. I get anxiety at restaurants. I like it better when I can do some research before I go and decide on a menu choice. Sometimes when we go out and just choose somewhere (or are with others) I get so nervous about ordering something healthy. I think eating out for BED people is very hard.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    May 2013

Diane: 13
    Binge: 10
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Mollie - 16
    Binge - 06 (4th, 5th,11th,12th, 18th, 20th)

Days did not log it all - 5 (19th)

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Jan- 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL
    Mar- 6 days I did not log it ALL
    Apr - 5 days I did not log it ALL
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's related to an eventful weekend coming up, but I am already starting to have strong urges and am eating a little more by about 100-200 cals every day so far this week. With this pattern, I fear I will lose control. I've beat the binge thus far but feel like I'm losing control as the weekend gets closer. I have to remind myself how terrible I feel after a full binge and hope that I can continue to kick it's butt!!

Me: 22
    Binge: 0
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Me: 20
    Binge: 3

Cutting up the blondies to take for work morning tea yesterday got the better of me. I did manage to have a reasonably good day for the rest of the day and beat the all or nothing mentality. I ate a little bit of cake and bisuits like a normal person and felt okay by the end of the day
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    May 23

Me-22
    B-1

It's Friday morning here. Getting a bit anxious about the weekend. I should be fine until Sunday. I've just got to keep myself busy.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Lost track -- on vacation

Restart date -- May 20

May 23

Me -- 4
    Binge -- 0
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    5-23-13

I can relate to the control thing. I'm definitely a control freak about a lot of things and can dwell on insignificant things like that too. I'm proud of you for not letting it get the best of you and going to bed. Keep feeling strong b/c you are.

Heather: 23
    Binge: 0

Good luck friends this weekend. If I can make it through this weekend I'll have this month whipped. I wanna make the Binge my b*tch!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    23rd May.

Kate - 17.
    Binge - 6.
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Kim;18
    Over ate like a normal person: 4
    Binge: 1
  • ketelsle
    ketelsle Posts: 25
    Options
    Becca:16
    Binge: 7

I went to Senior Soiree where there was free cake . . . and I didn't eat it
    I came home drunkenly from Senior Soiree . . . and I did not raid the fridge
    Today was a success :)
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    May 23

Me: 18

Binge: 5
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    May 24th

Was MIA a lot last week because I was binging.. but have been on a roll 7-days binge free today :)

Sarah: 18
    Binge: 6
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Bad news :( ---I'm calling dinner last night a binge because I felt that loss of control where I kept justifying more and more bites by claiming I didn't care, and then I still when home and ate (because I "didn't care"). Of course, as I got ready for bed, I felt that overwhelming guilt.....
    Good news----It was a very small binge. I didn't finish the day with a horrifying amount of calories like before. Also, this was the first binge in 40 days.

Me: 22
    Binge: 1
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    5-24-13

Jul: 17

Tomorrow will be a week binge free! I'm feeling much better. I think since I've switched to primal from Paleo I have more options and don't go overboard. I've learned this time and time again that when I'm feeling healthy, I am so much more productive & positive in my 'non-binge' life. When I binge, everything seems to overwhelm me. Keeping this mindset, and still working on eating when I'm hungry and making sure it's enough to fuel these workouts.

**strength to all of you this weekend! Planning ahead and being prepared are KEY. Enjoy your Memorial day if you have the day off, I will be logging in : )
  • karendee4
    Options
    May 23
    Karen 14
    The Binge 5
    Over Calories 4

Days Left 8

Binge Days
    5/2 5/4 5/5
    5/17 5/18