Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Just completed W2! But today was hard, pretty sure the torrential rain didnt help... sunny when I left and sunny for the last 100 yards typical!
    Thinking if I run over the weekend going to re do todays, but definitely W3 starts next week exciiiting :D I'm doing the zombie run one, and week 3 includes high knees... :| which is fine... but I run out and about by roads, how ridiculous am I going to look! may be swapping them for extra running we will see x
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Last night I did the 2nd run of week 9.. One run way from completing the program. It wasn't the best. I was on the treadmill and I tried to increase my pace. I ran at the faster pace for 15 minutes and then I hit a wall. I had to walk for two minutes and then I was able to run again at my normal pace. I guess I tried to do to much too soon. Well Saturday am will be my last c25k run. I plan to work on my pace for the next couple of weeks and then start bridge to 10k
  • TyFit08
    Options
    It's my graduation week and I feel like everything is against me. We have been having wicked storms every night, and I have had lots of distractions. My car choked up and died after driving through water that was too deep and tonight we found out my DH's missing wallet is actually theft and we have had to freeze everything. I am hoping I can get a run in on Friday and fingers crossed it will be a good one.

You are almost there, you can do it. Just think of what you are going through as a run, sure you are tired and you want to give up and your legs are tired, but you keep pushing. Just keep pushing and you will be a C25K graduate in no time.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    The day after my first week 4 run, I had a good deal of soreness/pain in my left calf muscle. Today, day after my 2nd week 4 run, the calf is obviously much less affected. Feels pretty good today in fact.
    I'll take that as a good sign that I'm not actually hurting myself, just experiencing muscle soreness from being unaccustomed to running.
  • JenniferPlus2
    JenniferPlus2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am about to go out and run the dreaded W5D3. I am looking forward to it though. I like running way more than I ever thought I would. My app gave me a choice to train by time or distance and I am actually using the distance option. I notice that most of the threads here talk about time. Is anybody else using the distance training option? Which do you think is better? W5D3 on the distance option is a 2 mile run. How far do most of you get in 20 minutes? I go pretty slow (about a 16 minute mile according to the app). That is the only way I can make it right now. I figure I will get faster later on. Well wish me luck!!
  • drink_me
    drink_me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    So...I don't mean to brag... But I'm totally about to. Haha sorry.

I just finished w6d3 and I ran the 22 minutes without stopping.., and then I continued running through most of the cool down, and then I walke until I got to the 3.1 mile mark :) I feel amazing. My first 5k is next Sunday and I was so worried bc I never actually did the whole distance yet... But today just gave me so much confidence that I'm going to rock it.

Okay, brag over :)
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I am about to go out and run the dreaded W5D3. I am looking forward to it though. I like running way more than I ever thought I would. My app gave me a choice to train by time or distance and I am actually using the distance option. I notice that most of the threads here talk about time. Is anybody else using the distance training option? Which do you think is better? W5D3 on the distance option is a 2 mile run. How far do most of you get in 20 minutes? I go pretty slow (about a 16 minute mile according to the app). That is the only way I can make it right now. I figure I will get faster later on. Well wish me luck!!

I'm using the distance option too. Running a set time is great but I need to know I'd actually be at finish line when the time was over. Lol
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    So...I don't mean to brag... But I'm totally about to. Haha sorry.

I just finished w6d3 and I ran the 22 minutes without stopping.., and then I continued running through most of the cool down, and then I walke until I got to the 3.1 mile mark :) I feel amazing. My first 5k is next Sunday and I was so worried bc I never actually did the whole distance yet... But today just gave me so much confidence that I'm going to rock it.

Okay, brag over :)

Brag away! Nice job!
  • drink_me
    Options
    Thank you! I hope everyone here gets to experience a moment like that. And really if it wasn't for the people on this board I'm not sure I would have made it so far.
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I repeated Week 4 day 3 and still can't complete the last 2 minutes jogging. I will repeat it again on Tuesday, and then plan to move on to week 5. I ran my fastest pace to date. Maybe if I'd slowed down I could have completed it. I will slow down on Tuesday.

I feel so good doing this and am seeing other changes in my health that are well worth the effort!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone....

You know, I have noticed something about me. Every run I notice a change in myself. Today's 6 mile long run was no different. Was running a long, enjoying the outdoors then I realized something! I have developed the runner's wave! And I do it with out even realizing it. I pass someone and my hand immediately goes up into a greeting.

And then....around mile 3.5 I saw the coolest thing ever and it totally motivated me. Was jogging along and I see this man pushing someone in a runner's wheelchair. I couldn't just wave at him...I had to dart over just to give that man a high five. Any negative thought left my mind at that point and it was all guts or glory from then on. Who ever that man was, thank you for motivating me! And thank you to who ever it was you were pushing, whether it be your son, nephew, brother, who ever. The smile he had was awesome!
  • drink_me
    Options
    Hey everyone....

You know, I have noticed something about me. Every run I notice a change in myself. Today's 6 mile long run was no different. Was running a long, enjoying the outdoors then I realized something! I have developed the runner's wave! And I do it with out even realizing it. I pass someone and my hand immediately goes up into a greeting.

And then....around mile 3.5 I saw the coolest thing ever and it totally motivated me. Was jogging along and I see this man pushing someone in a runner's wheelchair. I couldn't just wave at him...I had to dart over just to give that man a high five. Any negative thought left my mind at that point and it was all guts or glory from then on. Who ever that man was, thank you for motivating me! And thank you to who ever it was you were pushing, whether it be your son, nephew, brother, who ever. The smile he had was awesome!

Love this!!
  • hailli_logan
    hailli_logan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A little late to the discussion but I feel proud enough to post my accomplishment.

I completed W4D3 yesterday. Today is a rest day.

We took a new route that had a few hills. My pace at times got so slow that the other app I use for tracking my runs actually paused thinking I wasn't moving!

However, I did it! I ran for 5 minutes straight twice! When I started doing this program I found the minute runs difficult and now I am running 5 minutes!

I am so nervous for W5D3 next week. It seems like such a huge jump from 8 minutes at D2 to 20 minutes at D3. My plan is to hand over my phone to my husband and just jog until I physically can't anymore. Then pause the app and walk a minute. I will either jog what I did again (if I made it 10 minutes I will do another 10 minutes) or just jog what I have left (if I made it 15 I will just finish the last 5). Handing the phone over to my husband means I won't be checking the time constantly.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    c25k Week 4, Day 3. Ran after breakfast with my wife. 9am, it was already hot out. Felt I would lose my breakfast halfway through the run. Running in the daytime, with other people our running too, I found it tough to keep my pace down. As a result, went further/faster than before. So, best pace and distance so far.
    1.49 miles during the jogs. 10:44/min mile pace.
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Week 6, day 2 today. Hard to get started but not bad once I got going.
  • Wjolaughlin
    Wjolaughlin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    today is a rest day for me, but I just found this group :) I ran week 5 day 3 yesterday. I was scared I wouldn't be able to run 20 minutes but I did it! I kept telling myself "when I get to that mailbox I can walk for a little while", then when I'd get there I'd say "OK, now to that tree ahead". LOL! I never walked!
  • TyFit08
    Options
    Today was Day 3, Week 9. That's right, I am an C25K Graduate. So excited that I stuck with it, even on days when I didn't feel like it. I have been on the treadmill a lot the past few weeks, but I went back outside for my run today. It was raining and I woke up with heartburn. Both reasons I could have used as an excuse not to run, but I did it anyway. It was obviously slower than the treadmill, but I didn't let that discourage me. Going to work on my pace for the next two weeks, then on to Bridge to 10k
  • ColumnHugger
    ColumnHugger Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Started week 2 day 1 today! I'm so proud of myself. I started the program two weeks ago and redid week 1 this past week. I didn't run the past two days because my knees and my left hip have been bugging me but this evening was so gorgeous out that I couldn't let it pass me by. So i went out and decided to try Week 2 day 1 and I DID it without stopping! I just can't get over how proud of myself I am!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Very exciting to see new graduates. I'm back from three days of covering an event at Disney, which goofed up my C25K schedule, so I think Im going to do W4D2 tomorrow, then restart week 4 on Tues. to get back on my usual Tues Thurs Sat schedule. D1 kicked my butt anyway when I did it on Tues so this will give me a little more time to get used to the longer runs.
  • Wjolaughlin
    Wjolaughlin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just did w6d1. I thought it would be a breeze after running the 20 minutes straight in my last run. That first 5 minute run felt like a killer. It doesn't help that my first 10 minutes is all up a slight incline. I keep thinking I should drive myself up the hill out of my subdivision, park, and then run! But It does make the rest of the run feel much easier and the cool down a breeze being downhill on my way home LOL!