Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• emzilee
    emzilee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I did W8D1 today, though on W7D2 I actually ran the whole 30 minutes (I was feeling a bit inspired that day ;) )

I found the first half an absolute STRUGGLE but the second half seemed to pass by a bit quicker.

Not long to go....! :)
  • drink_me
    drink_me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on going out and starting week 5 in just a minute here. It's raining and I'm pretty excited haha. Hopefully it doesn't weigh me down!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I did W8D1 today, though on W7D2 I actually ran the whole 30 minutes (I was feeling a bit inspired that day ;) )

I found the first half an absolute STRUGGLE but the second half seemed to pass by a bit quicker.

That's going to be true for the rest of your running life. The first ten minutes are a pain. But it just becomes part of the run, so you end up able to mentally check it off instead of just wanting to quit.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options

That's going to be true for the rest of your running life. The first ten minutes are a pain. But it just becomes part of the run, so you end up able to mentally check it off instead of just wanting to quit.

Love this and you are so right! Those first 10 minutes... UGH! Then the voice that tells you/reminds you that you can kicks in. Love that voice.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my birthday and usually I use that as an excuse to skip a workout, but instead of did a kick *kitten* run for Week 8, Day 1.

What a great birthday! I'm doing a virtual 10k for Mother's Day. :)

I am considering doing a 10k late July. I finish C25k next week, then I figure I will work on speed for two weeks and start the 10k app the beginning of June.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Week 1, Day 2 accomplished :)

Question - how do you guys calculate your mph? I know my pace is slow, but that's the extent of it.

I'm assuming that you don't have an app that tracks this for you.

The best way is to find a 1/4 mile (400m) track and jog four laps. Or do two laps and multiply by two, if that's are far as you can go right now.

The next best way is to find a trail that has mile markers and run a mile.

The third best way is to drive a mile in your car and then run it.

(You know you're a runner when you can identify exactly a mile from your house in every direction.)

Thanks, I have to find somewhere to track myself, maybe a school! I'm not up to running a mile yet, but the circle in front of my mom's house is an even half mile. I tried to use sparkpeople's run tracking (which I love!) to estimate how far I went in my minute, but then I just couldn't calculate my way to an answer. I kept getting 6-10 mph, which seems like it can't be accurate, since everyone here is talking about jogging at <4mph...
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    It was really hot here in sunny Florida, but I'm trying to run outside for a long as I can. I'm not looking forward to having to go inside and do this on the treadmill.

I am thrilled I completed W3D1 today. I ran the full 3 minutes, I can't believe it!!! I really didn't think I would be able to do it. I think today I found my breathing pattern. That made it a lot easier.

I will be resting Saturday and Sunday. I'll go out again Monday.
  • dandelyon
    Options
    So, no run for me today (tomorrow morning is my scheduled day) but I am getting a jogging stroller today (it's an ugly number from the consignment store but it's made for running) so that my littlest can come along! Who knows, I might even get my husband moving. So that's my c25k checkin ;)
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Thanks, I have to find somewhere to track myself, maybe a school! I'm not up to running a mile yet, but the circle in front of my mom's house is an even half mile. I tried to use sparkpeople's run tracking (which I love!) to estimate how far I went in my minute, but then I just couldn't calculate my way to an answer. I kept getting 6-10 mph, which seems like it can't be accurate, since everyone here is talking about jogging at <4mph...

Do you have a watch? Time yourself running the circle and multiply it by two. That's your minutes/mile (which is what runners actually use). If you can't do the math yourself, there are plenty of websites that can compute minutes/mile to miles/hour.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    So, no run for me today (tomorrow morning is my scheduled day) but I am getting a jogging stroller today (it's an ugly number from the consignment store but it's made for running) so that my littlest can come along! Who knows, I might even get my husband moving. So that's my c25k checkin ;)

My babies take their best naps when I'm out running. They wake up happy and refreshed!
  • drink_me
    drink_me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    For the ladies that use jogging strollers, how old do you think is too il to out your baby in it and go for a run? I really want one but my daughter is 19 months and I'm afraid it will be a waste of money at this point
  • dandelyon
    Options
    For the ladies that use jogging strollers, how old do you think is too il to out your baby in it and go for a run? I really want one but my daughter is 19 months and I'm afraid it will be a waste of money at this point

My son is almost 17 months and I think he's just the right age for it :)

I have a friend with a double jogger who runs with a 5yo and 2yo.
  • Kcugbeva
    Kcugbeva Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone, after years and years of starting and stopping healthy weight loss..........................Really excited starting my C25K tomorrow and there a half marathon in September. I really want my fitness levels to soar.......
  • likitisplit
    Options
    congratulations on making the commitment to start!
  • likitisplit
    Options

I have a three year old and a one year old. I got my double jogger when my baby was 6 months old.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    I shocked myself and finished W1D3. I did the first two in the gym and the one today outdoors around the lake by my house. Definitely a big difference outdoors. I'm off all weekend so I may try repeating an extra day before level 2.
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I shocked myself and finished W1D3. I did the first two in the gym and the one today outdoors around the lake by my house. Definitely a big difference outdoors. I'm off all weekend so I may try repeating an extra day before level 2.

Congratulations! I'd never run outside till starting C25k. I love it. I did an extra day on level one too. I'm on week 3 now.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Two days off in a week is a normal rest period. Go with what your body tells you, but I think most people could just pick up the program where they left off.
  • wordyroo
    wordyroo Posts: 98 Member
    Options

My son is 18 months and he loves it. He tells me about all the birds and dogs we see. And waves at everyone. Granted, if he gets any heavier, I'm not sure I'll be able to hack it, but for now, he's in the 1st percentile for height and weight, so it works. The only benefit of having a peanut. :laugh:

W5D3 on Sunday. I'll probably go without the stroller. I'm not sure with the hills and a stroller that I could do the full 20 minutes without walking.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options

I have a three year old and a one year old. I got my double jogger when my baby was 6 months old.

Mine are 6 and 4. We purchased a double jogger before our youngest was old enough to be in it. Honestly... we used it through last summer. The kids started getting out of it to walk more, granted, but when they wanted a break... us parents got to keep on going. I would recommend it highly!!!