Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Ghlt4, misskym and kwaldr0p - you need to slow down some more.

If I go any slower I'll stop......lol.

I'm walking at 3.3, and jogging at 3.7.

I'm on week 2 D3 tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes. The Florida weather is forecast to be perfect.
  • CatShelton
    CatShelton Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I officially graduate tomorrow!!! Last run tomorrow morning, then my 5K on saturday! Can't wait! My goal is 33 minutes!
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Week 6, day 2 completed on the treadmill today . . walked at 3.5mph and jogged at 4.3mph . . :)
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I have been lurking around this thread for a while, but here I am :)

I did W2D2 yesterday, and it went ok, I am concerned for next week already though!

I slowed down (I run on a treadmill) and it was a bit easier, at the last run section I definitely felt I could JUST ABOUT get through another.

I also realised that I hadn't put some extra legs down on my treadmill, and had therefore been running on an incline for all my previous runs (d'oh!)
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Ghlt4, misskym and kwaldr0p - you need to slow down some more.

If I go any slower I'll stop......lol.

I'm on week 2 D3 tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes. The Florida weather is forecast to be perfect.
    Yep, I'm loving this cool weather. The FL heat really beats me down while running. W2D2 for me tomorrow. I've been scoping out shady paths for when the heat gets vicious.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Not to brag, but I can run at 3.5 :)
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Hi Vardaeml, Yup week 5. Considering stepping back a week as I was down and out due to illness the last week and wasn't able to run so didn't finish week 5. Starting to feel like myself again today. Still super sapped for energy and tired. So maybe a walk this evening and a bit more rest.

Sounds like a plan. When I missed two runs, I went back a day, so I'd go back a couple of days if you missed a week. Hope you feel better soon!
  • drink_me
    drink_me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 5 tonight and I'm feeling really good about it. W4d3 I feel like I really found my rythem. My pace felt steady and my breathing stayed under control so I hope tonight goes just as smoothly!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Great job, drink me!
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I did W2D3 today, and it was easier than the last one. I may do an extra day of week 2. I will see how I feel on Friday.
    My son and I are loving doing this. I'm amazed at how quickly my body adjusted.

Great job to all who are working through this.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    5 miles!!! 59 Minutes!!!! Two personal bests in one day. I officially jogged for 5 continuous miles, and I, for the first time, averaged a 5pmh pace. Woooo hoooo! I believe in miracles! Best part...I think I have finally beat my hyperventilating curse... which has followed me around since grade school. Yippee!

Rock on to all of you and these amazing posts. The effort is incredible in this group, nicely done all!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Great accomplishment!
  • drink_me
    drink_me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    5 miles is very impressive! How long ago did you finish the c25k program?
  • mombieocalypse
    Options

Not to brag, but I can run at 3.5 :)

lol me too!
  • mombieocalypse
    Options
    I missed my run today because it was pouring. I was all set to run in the rain and was even looking forward to it, but not a downpour. I will try to get one in after work and before my son's concert tomorrow.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Checking in after Day 2 Week 2, treadmill version... it was much easier than Day 1 Week 2 :)
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Today I did W5D1, had a lovely run! Day 2 is coming up this Sunday :happy:
  • FestivalDiva
    FestivalDiva Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well I managed w9 d2, was tired before I started... took me an hour and half to pluck up the courage to do it as I felt so tired after work... but I thought am I being a bit lazy...just sat there wondering if I was going to run tonight! Well it was tough but I eventually did it!!! I felt a bit like a rag doll but at least I can rest today :love: I'd really like to get to a stage where I have the energy to do a flexibility workout in between run days but that moment hasn't come yet (work, gardening & housework seems to be it).

Do others feel exhausted and achy in between runs?! Or are you working out on non run days :tongue:
  • mombieocalypse
    Options
    Well I managed w9 d2, was tired before I started... took me an hour and half to pluck up the courage to do it as I felt so tired after work... but I thought am I being a bit lazy...just sat there wondering if I was going to run tonight! Well it was tough but I eventually did it!!! I felt a bit like a rag doll but at least I can rest today :love: I'd really like to get to a stage where I have the energy to do a flexibility workout in between run days but that moment hasn't come yet (work, gardening & housework seems to be it).

Do others feel exhausted and achy in between runs?! Or are you working out on non run days :tongue:

Twice now I have tried to start the 30 day shred on non-run days and both times I had to stop. It was just too much and my first priority is being able to run the 5k. In time, I am certain I will be able to work other workouts in. Great job on getting yourself out there.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    My technology hates me. My phone had some sort of failure, although amazingly it managed to save my stats today, unlike Tues. when it lost them. I went through the whole W2D2 workout on my iPod Touch, but when I got home and looked at it, it said I didn't do it. Grrrr! I'll just let it play again since it doesn't have GPS so it counts as done. My run itself was nice. Saw lovely monarch butterflies. Unlike my usual, when the early jogs are hardest and the end ones seem easier, if started feeling easy today and kicked my butt toward the end. I was a little over 5 mph at my highest, which seems to be my norm, and 3.74 for my average speed.