Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Had to put off my run today. Been struggling with a twisted ankle for about a wk.

Hope I don't lose too much time. :-(

Hope your ankle heals quickly!

W8D3 yesterday, after a great run on Wednesday it was hard, my legs didn't want to do it. It was a battle between mind and body, but funnily enough I ran further than I did on Wednesday when my legs were feeling great. I'll take it! Only 3 more runs!!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was w1d3 for me, and I didn't get to go out until afternoon because of the rain. Hot and humid. Ugh! My pace was a little slower (I ran in an area with some small hills too) but I got through it and was feeling pretty good. I'm a little nervous about starting week 2 but also interested to see how I'll do.
  • Veslus
    Veslus Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 6 Day 1. Felt harder to me than Week 5 Day 3, but I'm pretty sure it's because I had picked up my pace a bit.
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to do W3 D2 tomorrow :smile:
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    This is week 8, I can't believe I made it this far. I have switched to treadmill runs because my neighborhood is just to hilly and no trails nearby. I can't make these longer runs without stopping. Also, I have a faster pace indoors. VIsiting my mom in a few weeks and her neighborhood is not as hilly, looking forward to running outdoors again. I think I will switched to distance after week 9 to increase my speed for a few weeks before I switch to the 10k app
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Today was my off day from all exercise, but I went to Perkins and indulged in strawberry rhubarb pie (I love it and it's got such a short season). Burned it off with a 5K walk when I got home. I didn't do any jogging, just a brisk walk, and finished a little over 5K in 55 minutes. Tuesday begins W2.
  • mombieocalypse
    Options
    OMG I am suppose to run 25 minutes tomorrow. I think I am going for the 10 and 10 instead and saving my 25 minute run for Wed when it is cooler out.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    W9D1 done! Carried on to run a full 5km in 36.45 minutes. Feels good to finally run a full 5km.
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Just finished W3D2 :smile:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    OMG I am suppose to run 25 minutes tomorrow. I think I am going for the 10 and 10 instead and saving my 25 minute run for Wed when it is cooler out.

Just try it and see how it goes.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    This is week 8, I can't believe I made it this far. I have switched to treadmill runs because my neighborhood is just to hilly and no trails nearby. I can't make these longer runs without stopping. Also, I have a faster pace indoors. VIsiting my mom in a few weeks and her neighborhood is not as hilly, looking forward to running outdoors again. I think I will switched to distance after week 9 to increase my speed for a few weeks before I switch to the 10k app

You probably need to slow down a tad outside. But remember, hills make you fast.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Had to put off my run today. Been struggling with a twisted ankle for about a wk.

Hope I don't lose too much time. :-(

Take the time you need. C25k will be here when you're ready. The reality is that each of us will need to "get back into running" after injury or life events at some point in our lives.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    It was a battle between mind and body, but funnily enough I ran further than I did on Wednesday when my legs were feeling great. I'll take it! Only 3 more runs!!

Apparently, your mind is winning. Sounds like marathon material to me :)
  • drink_me
    drink_me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I missed 2 of my runs last week. Hubs was out of town while I was at home with my baby who had a stomach bug. :(. I'm really looking forward to getting back out there today to do w4d3. I hope I can get right back into it!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    You shouldn't have a problem. I had to miss a couple of runs because of a head cold, so I repeated the last day I ran and it was a piece of cake.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

You probably need to slow down a tad outside. But remember, hills make you fast.

I can see the benefit of hills in the long run, but right now I'm trying to finish. My neighborhood is hill after hill after hill and some of them are very steep. It is more important for me right now to complete my run, rather than get fast from hills. Which generally forces me to slow down to a complete walk. It wasn't so bad when I had the shorter distances because I would walk uphill during the walking breaks, but at week 8 there are no walking breaks. So the hills are out for now.
  • FestivalDiva
    FestivalDiva Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    W9D1 done! Carried on to run a full 5km in 36.45 minutes. Feels good to finally run a full 5km.

Woohoo! Me too! I'm still finding it (week8/then9) a challenge but quite enjoyable tho! Felt elated and had a tear in my eye during the last minute! Never run so far in my life! Well done! It's a great feeling getting to this point. Enjoy your week and good luck with wk9 2&3 :happy:
  • FestivalDiva
    FestivalDiva Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good luck all you fellow coucher's, it's great knowing you are all doing the same thing as me. Best of Luck to all, you're all awesome and doing great :love:
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 2D2. Still really hard going, but I think I recover quicker in between each run.
  • mombieocalypse
    Options
    Week 7 Day 1, ran 23 out of 25 minutes. I had to take a couple of walking breaks after the 13 minute mark.