Show Us Yer Bike...

Options

Replies

• lpherman01
    lpherman01 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Here's my Tandem (well the front half anyway). Lots of fun, always get looks on the ride and questions when we stop. Took it out today with my wife for a quick 21 miles.

larry-herman-albums-misc-stuff-picture21173-tandem9.jpg
  • lpherman01
    Options
    larry-herman-albums-misc-stuff-picture21174t-tandem-small.jpg
  • composite
    composite Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    P7_2013_600px.jpg

P7_2012_600px.jpg

So my P7 goes between being a rigid or a hard tail depending on which way the wind is blowing. Just put it back to being a hard tail for the first time in about 6 months and it's reminded me how much I love it that way. I use this one for the long distances or tamer trails.

five_2012_600px.jpg

For proper trail thrashing duties it has to be the Five.
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    A couple pics of the Trek Speed Concept 9.5 (the mechanical Ultegra version) that I had put on hold for me for a few days until my bonus clears:

I didn't really plan on getting a bike this weekend, but when the manager offered me a huge discount (about 30%) on this last-year's model, I could not pass it up. I still need to get it fitted and will put my Zipp 808's on it when I bring it home.

Would it be wrong to leave the reflectors on it when I race? ;-)

Bike1_zpsfe81dd03.jpg

Bike3_zps68e6e855.jpg

Bike2_zpsfd517d98.jpg
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Keep the reflector and the pedals on :bigsmile:
  • lpherman01
    Options
    Very nice. Where did you get it?
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Don't know how to post pictures and don't feel like creating an account to Photobucket. I have a brand new Trek Stache 8....love this bike!!

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/mountain/singletrack_trail/stache/stache_8/#
  • cheers_b
    cheers_b Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    A couple pics of the Trek Speed Concept 9.5 (the mechanical Ultegra version) that I had put on hold for me for a few days until my bonus clears:

I didn't really plan on getting a bike this weekend, but when the manager offered me a huge discount (about 30%) on this last-year's model, I could not pass it up. I still need to get it fitted and will put my Zipp 808's on it when I bring it home.

Bike1_zpsfe81dd03.jpg

Bike3_zps68e6e855.jpg

Bike2_zpsfd517d98.jpg

that is one sweet ride....nicely done.......you are my hero:glasses:
  • matsprt1984
    matsprt1984 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Bike1_zpsfe81dd03.jpg

Bike3_zps68e6e855.jpg

Bike2_zpsfd517d98.jpg

Well, from the smile on your face I would say you are one happy camper !! Nice bike !!
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    scott-contessa-speedster-2009-road-bike_zpsff2ecc36.jpg

Some pretty sweet rides on here!
    I'm still very much a newbie this is my ride it's a Scott Contessa (sorry I only have a stock pic) really like the bike all things considered I didn't have a lot of choice because I needed to get an xtra small (I also didn't want to wait for one) I am leg challenged I guess!!
  • lpherman01
    Options
    Cyclink wrote:

Only if you don't win. :bigsmile:
  • renwicker
    renwicker Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Here's my main ride/commuter/baby. It's a late 80's Raleigh 10 speed that I picked up at a yard sale a couple years ago for $30. I stripped it and put all new everything on it. The frame is the only thing original now. Fixed/Free wheel flip flop hub on rear. Nothing too special as far as the parts I used. The color scheme is to match my other ride, my MK4 VW GTI. I even painted it the VW factory silver to match. Ya, I'm weird.

When I had the original bars, saddle, and front brake:
    16121476_1017.jpg

Matching rides: (car now looks a little different now with R32 bumpers/badgeless grill/hood notch delete)
    16121476_3213.jpg

Now with the bullhorn bars and rear brake:
    16121476_9512.jpg

Also just ordered these bad boys. (bullhorns with a drop) Can't wait to get em on!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGJPePHDFXCoq8m4Vu2vkk8tSdGAZH-T7jK4mTM_AzFpoQq7o3

Happy riding y'all!
  • katozdad
    katozdad Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Ok. Its been about four months in the planning but here is the new addition to my stable. :happy:

20130506_122546_zps92cfe285.jpg

20130506_122615_zpsb590fdfb.jpg

I want to get some slicks and slime tubes fitted, but the coffers are dry at the moment for that. I would also like to find a better place for the D-Lock, but it is doubled up as a place for my front light at the moment because there is not enough room on the handle bars. It has a set of tektro brakes fitted on the top too. :blushing:
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Can't believe nobody's passed comment on that bike mate - Have to admit to starting fancying a disk equipped non-racy 'crosser as my prospective winter bike... but at the moment I'm still sort of waiting for the springtime to kick in and get out riding the new bike on a regular enough basis to be able to decommission the Planet-X as a source of bits for the new build...

Generally it looks really good - though personally that saddle angle looks a little fierce - but, of course, if it works for you...
  • katozdad
    katozdad Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the seat. It does feel a tad uncomfortable at the moment, but I wanted to ride it in for a week or two just to be sure it was not discomfort as a result of switching bikes and the very different geometry. Was hoping to get a 50miler today, but I didn't want to take out the new bike in the gusty weather when I am still not 100% confident on it. The Nemesis has blown 2 spokes on the rear... must had its nose put out of joint with the new thorough-bred in the stable. Will take the dog out for a run whilst I put the mountain bike through its paces just to show my face on the Giro board later.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Got my first road bike last week, will post up my mountain bike next time I go for a ride!

89c2fafb-f3df-4b02-bd29-9d311673a7f9_zps66c091eb.jpg
  • Weezoh
    Weezoh Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Just found the group, here's our tandem (doubles as a progress pic):

CompositeBikes.jpg
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    big.jpg
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I bought a Craigslist Univega Via Montega Last year, and liked biking so much I bought a 2013 Fuji Absolute 1.4...but I've never been able to upload pics. These damn things are addictive like crack...I'm thinking I need a road bike now.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    I bought a Craigslist Univega Via Montega Last year, and liked biking so much I bought a 2013 Fuji Absolute 1.4...but I've never been able to upload pics. These damn things are addictive like crack...I'm thinking I need a road bike now.

Everyone needs a roadbike - or three, or four...