2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Better - I hear you on the daily weigh-ins. It has been exactly one year today since I got on a scale. I don't own one & do not have access to one, but I don't care. I have no idea what I weigh but I know I'm at the low end of the healthy range and all that matters to me is how I feel and how I look in my clothes.

Beeps - have a blast at your photo shoot - can't wait to hear about it.

I've been doing well on my challenge so far. I've only gone over one day, but have more than made up for it other days. I have increased my water and stuck with my workout plan. Now all I have to do is get through the holiday weekend. My husband & I were planning on taking the kids hiking on Monday, but it is looking like the weather may not cooperate. We will see.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    The photo shoot: not that much fun. A little bit of fun, but not that much. My bff was NOT very happy with the "surprise" that was sprung on her. No, she did NOT participate in the photo shoot. 1 friend didn't even make it to town (sick). Other friend was "too shy" to wear lingerie, so, as it turned out, I'm the only one who really showed up, prepped and ready.

And, even at that, I wasn't that "ready" - I felt puffy and blech.

Anyway, I did it....took quite awhile because it was just at a gf's house (not the photographer's studio) and, frankly, I was TOO STIFF! Meaning: photographer had to tell me a GAZILLION times to "relax" (I wasn't), to "not fake the smile" (I only fake smile), etc., etc.

I hope she got a couple of good shots, because I won't be racing along to do it again.

I really wanted to do "strong poses" that would kind of show off my musculature and she kept wanting "softer poses" that look all sexy and stuff. Cross-purposes.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...too bad about the photo shot being sort of a flop. I agree, it was a bad surprise. I hope you ladies had fun anyways.

Well, I did it! I made it through a holiday weekend with no booze! I'm on day 9, which is a pretty big deal for me. 2 more weekends to get through. The scale was up and down last week and I almost stepped on it this morning, but I will not get into a daily weighing habbit, so I did not. I suspect I have settled back around 130 - where I began my previous challenge. I'd love to lose 2 pounds (3 really) in the next 2 weeks.

I got 4 of 5 planned workouts in last week. I was just too tired to get the weights in over the weekend. I did a lot of yard work and did a 3 mile stroller run on top of that yesterday. This week I need to focus on eating good foods. My carbs were over half my macros last week. :noway:

I hope you all had great weekends!

Oh, are we doing the challenge? My weekly total last week was 8826. I was under by 674. Amazing what not drinking will do.....
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I am officially back on track. I logged everything yesterday - well, I was over but at least I logged it. Plus I got in a nice run. Today, I am taking my girls to get registered for the summer reading program at the library, major house cleaning ( this will likely last several days), and upper body.

Ashley, that is awesome about the no drinking. I bet you will lose 2 pounds use from that!
    Beeps- sorry the photo shoot didn't go so great. I bet you looked fabulous though!
    Abigail- great job! Are you still doing Les Mills pump? Would you recommend it?
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I've read the new thread and am so impressed with everyone's commitment and perseverance!! This is the one thread I can count on for accountability and motivation (no matter how many times I come and go :tongue: ) So ready to stay with you all!! I can't comment on everyone but here's what I can see:

KC - Woot for logging! And I have to clean too, blech!

Ashley – great job being under over a 3 day and holiday weekend, no less!!! Big KUDOS to you!! Good luck with the carbs, that’s one of my focuses this week too!

Beeps – I am so sorry about the photo shoot :frown: But good for you for going through with it. Although you didn’t get your “strong” poses, I’m sure there will be some you will be surprisingly happy with :flowerforyou:

Abigail – Awesome work with your challenge! Hope you got your hike in with the family!

School is finally out, however I still have to settle all my paperwork and pack up my classroom/office. Hopefully I can get it all done by tomorrow, in between my boys' basketball camps. Last week was CRAZY :noway: My husband had an accident at work (explosion :explode: ) in which ended up breaking his hand/wrist in 4 places and spraying schrapnel (sp?) into his head (2 staples). We are actually very lucky...his head was where his hand ended up being just 2 minutes before the explosion!! Anyway, I was kind of a single parent last week because of his injuries. He is ok now (with a splint) and life is almost back to normal.

I on the other hand have not logged, have not really paid attention to what I've put into my mouth and have totally blown the progress I had made right before my trip to Chicago. But, time to put on my big girl panties and move forward. I have the Warrior Dash on June 8 and haven't even so much as jogged this year :ohwell: Looks like I have my work cut out for me!

2 week challenge:
    1. Log
    2. Water
    3. Weights 2-3 times
    4. RUN (for the Warrior Dash)
  • Georgia_Bulldogs
    Options
    My two week challenge is..
    1. Be more consistent about walking my choc.lab Bear.
    2. Eating more fruits.
    3.No more eating out at restraunts.
  • Georgia_Bulldogs
    Options
    My two week challenge is..
    1. Be more consistent about walking my choc.lab Bear.
    2. Eating more fruits.
    3.No more eating out at restraunts.
    4. Sticking to my diet,and not splurging on sweets.
    5.Going three times a week or more to the gym. Also, participating in Boot Camp at my gym.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I am back from vacation :cry: We had a fabulous time! Lots of delicious food, of course no drinking for me, but I did substitute in a lot of ice cream :laugh: And we did an insane amount of walking! I am feeling puffy for sure, but I know its mostly because of all the eating out. I will not step on the scale for awhile.

My 2 week goals are:

1) walk the dog every morning, the route I have is 2.8 miles and takes me about 45 minutes, so its perfect, I started this goal this morning
    2) no more eating out, this is both for my waistline and wallet! We blew alot of money on vacation.
    3) do my DVDs at least 4 times a week, but hopefully more
    4) eat as clean as possible
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Better - impressive about the "no booze"....I did imbibe on Saturday - paid for it on Sunday. So, when I'm in vegas this weekend, I'm REALLY going to have to watch myself - and ingest TONS of water as I'm drinking alcohol. I desperately don't want to wreck the weekend by being "hungover" .... nevermind trying to get through work on Monday feeling like SHYTE. No. Just no.

kclynch - I took the weekend off logging - haven't done that in awhile....I'm taking vegas weekend off logging....but then I'm going to get "right back at it" - I just totally NEED the accountability, somehow!

jenomaha - your husband's accident sounds BRUTAL!! so SORRY to read that sort of news....am glad he's okay, but I know you are transitioning to your own business and with the kids transitioning to summer stuff - HOLY MOLY!! S-T-R-E-S-S! Glad you're back here posting....

Georgia-Build - your plan looks GREAT!

chloe - so glad to read your vacation was AWESOME! Post a picture....a cute woman with a baby bump in bathing suit is ALWAYS an "aaawwwwwwww" moment!!!
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies! I took a bad turn over the holiday weekend - the beer and food camping was just too much to say no to. In addition I was just too lazy to workout yesterday which led to a really bad sleep last night. I am going to literally have to drag myself to the gym today which sounds AWFUL right now but I'm sure will help later. I wasn't up on the scale this week, but feel reallllly puffy and bloated likely due to all the **** I ate.

Beeps- sorry about the photoshoot, but props to you for getting through it.
    jenomaha - so sorry to hear about the accident, but glad to hear he's ok.
    Georgia-Build - I am making walking the dog my goal too, perhaps even running depending on how I feel in the AM :)

I am doing a restart on my 2 week goals as I didn't really do well on mine from last week:

1. Walk or run the dog every morning
    2. Get to the gym at least 3 days
    3. WATER
    4. Keep the booze to a minimum

Have a great rest of the week ladies.
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Kc - I am still doing Les Mills Pump & really enjoying it. The time seems to pass quickly for the strength training workouts. I think they are fun.

Beeps - sorry the photo shoot did not go as planned, bummer!

Jen - glad to see you posting, so sorry about your husband's accident - yikes! glad he wasn't seriously injured though.

Chloe - glad you had a good vacation & you are smart to avoid eating out, that can really mess up your clean eating goals

Georgia - good luck with your goals

Ramalem - hopefully you can get rid of that puffiness soon, I hate that feeling!

I went over last Friday with some frozen pizza, I had been very active & was crazy hungry. I also indulged on burgers & desserts at a graduation party Saturday. However, I had very little to drink over the weekend, ate healthy Sunday & Monday & went on a hike with my husband, kids & niece yesterday. It was beautiful!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hallo ladies!
    Jen--what the heck?! I'm glad your hubby didn't get hurt worse, but that's crazy! I hope that life gets back to "normal" this week for you.
    Beeps--Sorry to hear you didn't like the photo shoot, but I admire you for doing it! I was going to do one for our first anniversary gift for DH, but I chickened out. I'm sure you'll have some photos your happy with in the end.
    Better--that is so awesome that you've gone without booze for so long. I tried. I failed. (lol) Good for you!
    Chloe--I didn't realize you were pregnant, since I disappeared for a while. Congratulations!

I met almost all my goals last week, except for limiting my drinking. I fit it into my calories, but when helping friends paint their house, beer usually gets involved at some point and it did. Other than that, I made it to the gym 4 times last week and have gotten 2 great workouts in the last 2 days and my arm/hand feels fantastic right now, so I'm going to take advantage of that and go lift again tonight. :bigsmile: I cannot even begin to tell you guys how excited I am when I can lift without losing my grip because my fingers go numb. Exciting stuff!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I had a nice holiday weekend, but it was pretty cold where I was so I didn't get outside as much as I would have liked. So no kayaking for me, but I still got in two runs, two walks, and a bike ride, so I was happy with that. I ate a lot of food, but other than two small brownies and a small scoop of ice cream it was healthy stuff (lots of veggies and fruit). I didn't log over the weekend, but my weight is pretty close to where I want it to be so I'm happy over all.

I'm way too behind to comment on everything, a few things:

Jen--an explosion??? What does your husband do? I'm glad he wasn't hurt worse, but still!!

Ashley--great job on cutting out the booze!!!

Beeps--I'm not surpised your BFF wasn't thrilled with her surprise photo shoot, but I'm glad that you still got into it. I'm sure you'll get some great pics from it!

Chloe--welcome back! Glad you had a great vacation.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Jen! Holy crap! I'm glad your husband is OK! I bet you are excited that summer is here. I keep seeing everyone's posts on FB about summer and it makes me wish I was a teacher right now..... :wink:

Welcome Georgia.

Chloe, glad you had a nice time. Kudos to you on your morning walks.

Beeps, I was reading a thread yesterday and a MFP member had posted a link on Facebook that someone had copied her success story. Lo and behold, there was yours too! https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/EM2WL?fref=ts Scroll down to May 6.

Ramalen, I'd have been right there with you if I drank over the weekend. It was so nice, we were doing yard work, there were so many times I wanted to make a cocktail before 5:00 which would have = drinking all day. How I love a mid day buzz.....

Abi, sounds like it all evened out for you over the weekend.

Rogie, sounds like a nice weekend. Drinking makes chores easier and more fun.

Ris, sounds like you got a ton of activity in!

I had a pretty good day yesterday. Had a snack at work around 4 hoping it would derail my after work snacking, but no such luck. Eric got out the hummus and I caved. Not terribly. Then I basically didn't stop until around 9:30 so before I logged dinner and snacks, I ate one of those stupid mini icecream sandwiches, which put me over, so I ate a second. :ohwell:

I did get some lifting in. I made a new routine and am feeling good today. I'm doing a day of 4 moves for chest/biceps/triceps, a day of 4 moves for shoulders and back, and a leg day where I choose 3-4 exercises from 6. I was researching a little yesterday and came across Wet Wolf's workout I had started 2 years ago till I got prego, and then began to doubt what I had just laid out for myself for the next 3 weeks. She (or at least this article) harps on total body training unless you are uber strong. I may actually do her program (best I can in my tiny gym) after Bonnaroo. I did like it. Not sure if it's short enough. For those of you that aren't familiar, here is the link. (Thanks Kate...you sent it several months ago). http://ezinearticles.com/?Kiss-Body-Building-Workouts-Goodbye!&id=2589470

Well, better get to work. I'm kinda slow so the days are crawling..... Have a great day ladies!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Jenn- yikes, how scary! I am glad he is ok!
    Chloe- welcome back! I think ice cream is way better for you than booze because it as protein. :wink: you were basically healthy!
    Ris - you amaze me! I am trying to get ready for my 5k in July. Ran Mon. It was an epic fail. 3-4 min then I had to walk. At one point I wanted to finish in under 30, now I just want to run the whole thing! I guess I shouldn't have taken the last month
    Rogie- sounds like a pretty successful week!
    Ashley - keep up the good work!

As for me, I got on cleaning spree and never worked out yesterday.Today, I want to do pyramid upper and a long elliptical session. I think I want to try upping my calories to 1600 and work out 6 hours a week? What do you ladies think?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Better - !! holy crow....I"ll have to go look at that.

Something "weird" did happen because I went back to the thread that I posted here on "success" - and the "pics" that I put up aren't on the thread, anymore!! It says I "took them down", but that isn't true.

W-E-I-R-D!!

thanks for that link to the "full-body" work-outs....I'm seriously burnt OUT on the "pyramids" program I'm doing (too much shuffling weights up, then down, etc. for EVERy set!)....mind you, I only have 7 work-outs left and I'll likely finish (I just cannot "quit" stuff!).

I totally have to rein in my calories when I get back from Vegas....despite me saying "June will be maintenance" - I just am not comfy with the way the scale is going.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...also, a *good* reminder why I don't put my FACE on my posts - because once it's out on the internet, it really belongs NOT to me anymore.
  • ohtender
    ohtender Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My goals for the next two weeks:

1. Exercise 3 times a week- hopefully be brave enough to jog a couple of times, but at least kickboxing and hiking/biking.
    2. Drink more water, less coffee!
    3. Be better about keeping track of my food journal
    4. Eat smaller portions- no going back for seconds (drink water if I'm still hungry)
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    So my day number 2 of getting up early to walk the dog was a FAIL!! Totally not my fault though...the alarm went off at 5:30 I jumped out of bed and looked outside to see some crazy storm rolling in. We had tornado warnings last night also, so I decided it was probably smart to skip it. I will workout tonight though and I did get in a workout last night as well even though I really just wanted to lay on the couch and catch up on my DVR.

I did do good with eating yesterday and drank tons of water. I already feel like some of the vacation water weight is going away, I am still avoiding the stupid scale for awhile though.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I had a tough time walking mine this morning too Chloe - It was pouring (no tornados here) so I braved the elements but only made it 20 minutes. Hoping the weather clears up for tomorrow/Thursday!