May check in and chat - May all your weights go up

Options

Replies

• lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    and the little one said, roll over! roll over!

so... what is June's thread going to be called? been thinking of lots of 'June know how much I bench, bro' puns lol!
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    ROLL!!!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options

so... what is June's thread going to be called? been thinking of lots of 'June know how much I bench, bro' puns lol!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

'June better not mess with a chick who lifts heavy!'
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

For some reason, I'm picturing Consuela, the maid from Family Guy, saying this. But it's be more like "mmm No. June-o mess with chick who lifts heavy".
  • jstout365
    Options

For some reason, I'm picturing Consuela, the maid from Family Guy, saying this. But it's be more like "mmm No. June-o mess with chick who lifts heavy".

YES!!!!!!!!! BWHAHAHAHHAHAHA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :drinker:
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Y'all are crazy. :smile:

This class is kicking my tail, sorry I haven't been keeping up.

Squats - progression day, 1x5 @ 120 up to 160 in 10 lb batches.
    OHP - 5x5 70 lb - booyah! busted through my first stall!
    Deadlift - 205

I had a guy on the rack next to me ask if I was doing SL. When I said yes, he said "Yeah, I'm just starting. I feel kinda silly squatting with only 55 pounds on the bar. Where are you headed today?" When I told him 160, and not to worry, the bar would get really heavy very soon, he said "So, how often do you come in here? Do you always lift this early?" Ralph, one of the trainers, was walking by and said "Dude, she's been married for like 15 years. Stop trying!" Poor guy turned beet red, but I assured him that it was always nice to meet a fellow lifter, and to know I wasn't out of rotation just yet. :smile:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends! Rest day for me today :grumble:
  • lwoodroff
    Options
    Kira, great story, and handled it gracefully too! booyah!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    In for the roll!
  • chunkmunk
    chunkmunk Posts: 221 Member
    Options

I had a guy on the rack next to me ask if I was doing SL. When I said yes, he said "Yeah, I'm just starting. I feel kinda silly squatting with only 55 pounds on the bar. Where are you headed today?" When I told him 160, and not to worry, the bar would get really heavy very soon, he said "So, how often do you come in here? Do you always lift this early?" Ralph, one of the trainers, was walking by and said "Dude, she's been married for like 15 years. Stop trying!" Poor guy turned beet red, but I assured him that it was always nice to meet a fellow lifter, and to know I wasn't out of rotation just yet. :smile:

Love it.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an awesome morning at the gym, Kira! :bigsmile:

This morning -
    Squats - 4x5 10 lb progression 130 to 160 lbs. 160 was too heavy--I could feel my form suffering, so I will aim to top out at 155 on Friday.
    Bench - 4x5 5 lb progression 100 to 115.
    Rows - 4x5 5 lb progression 95 to 110. I hate rows and I have not pushed myself to progress as much here. I have been at 95/100 forever and I need to move forward.

Then I did 3x8 Barbell Hip Thrusts (looking forward to a sore booty tomorrow!), 3 sets of planks and pullups.

Pullups - 1st set 3 unassisted; 2nd set, 1 unassisted, then I "helped" myself up by pushing off very lightly on a chair for a few reps; last set, jumped up and did about 8 negatives.
  • jstout365
    Options
    Y'all are crazy. :smile:

This class is kicking my tail, sorry I haven't been keeping up.

Squats - progression day, 1x5 @ 120 up to 160 in 10 lb batches.
    OHP - 5x5 70 lb - booyah! busted through my first stall!
    Deadlift - 205

NICE!!!! Also, awesome numbers lady!

Cleo - great numbers as well!!! And that is one heck of a post lifting add on!
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options

Seriously. I got tired just reading through all that stuff! Lately I've found that just doing my push up sets finishes me off. Stupid deficit lifting.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options

Seriously. I got tired just reading through all that stuff! Lately I've found that just doing my push up sets finishes me off. Stupid deficit lifting.

Thank you :) I was surprised at how good I felt this morning. I was feeling pretty blah last night was way under my calories. I don't always do the add-ons if I'm not feeling it, but it felt good today!
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Didn't sleep enough last night, and boy did I feel it in my workout! I got it done though.

Squat 50 5x5
    bench 50 5x5
    row 50 5x5

And here's hoping the little one lets me sleep a little more tonight. Hope everyone is having a great hump day!
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Week 4
    Day 2
    Workout A

Squat 75x6x5
    Bench 65x6x5
    Row 75x6x5

I chose not to up my weight this session because I felt I may be starting to get in to some bad form habits. Instead I focused on form and added in one more set. I think I will do it again next session and than try upping the weight after that.

NSV~ starting to see quad definition just above my knees!
  • chunkmunk
    chunkmunk Posts: 221 Member
    Options

NSV~ starting to see quad definition just above my knees!

Holla!!!!
  • sraffel
    sraffel Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Was too busy to check the thread last week...I come back and there's a new one! I'm just going to jump back in.

I've been keeping up with the workouts. Did A Monday and B today.

Squat--100 felt heavy on Monday, but I knew my legs were tired thanks to an early morning waitressing shift, so I decided to try 105 this morning on fresh legs, and am glad I did.
    OHP -- 65, and will stay here for the next workout. I was failing at 65 a few weeks ago, so I dropped to 60 last week. I tried 65 again this week and will probably get some fractionals if I can't progress on it this time. I made all my reps but they were tough.
    Deadlift -- 130.

Bench -- 80. got 4 4 4 3 4. Was glad my fiance was there, because it was the first day I really needed a spotter. He helped me a bit on the failed reps, so I pushed the bar up as much as possible and did negatives on those. Will try 80 again on Friday. I'm a little nervous. I may end up doing my first roll of shame!
    Rows -- 70. Felt easy, and I think I located the problem with my form! I was kind of curling my left wrist at the top for some reason. Once I focused on keeping it straight, these felt much better. Moving up to 75 on Friday.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    This is for my barbell sisters:

jSkYwUp.jpg?1
  • lwoodroff
    Options
    Love it Dani!

Just booked a holiday! only 3 nights, but getting the huz on a plane.. to Barcelona! splashed out on a nice hotel too as it's our 10th wedding anniversary :)