Daily Insane chat, banter and progress!

Options

Replies

• vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Day 8 for me today. I'm really enjoying it so far.
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Finished the 2nd fit test today and saw good improvement! Yay! It really does motivate you to keep going. Can't wait for the next fit test!
  • sgtbrown
    sgtbrown Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    1st day of "Month 2" for me! The fit test was a great warm up. The Max Interval Circuit totally kicked my but, and I actually feel great after getting thru it. Definitely hit max heartrate a few times and had to rest many times, but I pushed through it. 1442 calories burned! OUCH! Looking forward to tomorrow's beating! Stick with it! I have lost 25lbs since I started MFP, and 17lbs of that was during the 1st month of Insanity. It works.
  • chaun150
    chaun150 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello let me first introduced myself. My name is Chaun, I am 37. I want to say this that I have had my fair share of weight loss. So exercising is nothing new to me after my 2nd pregnancy I lost a total of 95 lbs in one year and kept it off. Even with losing 95lb my belly wasn’t tight like I wanted it. This was my first c-section pregnancy. However, several years passed by and I became pregnant again but, this time I had back to back pregnancies babies was 17 months apart. So it felt like I was pregnant for 2 years. With that being said I gained 50 of those lbs back and hated it knowing how hard it was to lose during my first weight lost journey. Now this makes a total of 3 c-sections pregnancies.
    Me being the person that enjoyed the thinner me I had to start losing this weight. So I went back to my same routine that I was doing to lose the lbs the first time. Well that wasn’t working I wasn’t getting the results that I was looking or use to getting. Now with all that out the way I purchased insanity workout for 2 reasons to lose my baby weight and to hopefully get the stomach that am I looking for without having to have a tummy tuck.
    I am on week 2 of the first month. The first day I started this workout I was like OMG what have I gotten myself into. The first week was a beast. I wanted to cry the 1st day. Then I wanted to throw up on the 2nd day. I was sore in places on my body that I didn’t think was possible.
    My results for week one: lost 5lbs. One may say 5lbs that’s a lot of lbs to lose in a week. But for me those were the results that I was use to getting on my first weight lost journey. I’m going into week 2nd week today. I really enjoy reading yall post. They keep your motivation level up. I have a logo in my head while I’m trying to tame this beast of a workout. Failure is not an option!
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Woke up early(7) and decided to actually get up instead of going back to sleep. So I got in another Core Cardio & Balance. No time for my weights :( but happy to see that the burn was 326 cal in 35min. I checked again after the cool down and it was only at 114 so I'm glad I paused and checked before the cool down. Or I would have been sad, lol.
  • meowkapow
    meowkapow Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm starting my second round of Insanity, Month 1 Day 3 today!

I completed Insanity same time last year and I'm hoping to get similar results.

Stats Last Round

Weight 73kg 65.8kg -7.2kg

Waist 85 cm 74 cm -11 cm
    Bust 102.5cm 98cm -4.5cm
    Hips 104.5cm 98cm -6.5cm
    Thighs 60cm 54cm -6cm
    Arms 31.5cm 29cm -2.5 cm

Starting stats for Round 2

Weight 59.1kg
    Waist 73 cm
    Bust 94 cm
    Hips 94 cm
    Arm 26 cm
    Thigh 51 cm

Good luck all!
  • vicky1804
    Options
    Morning all,
    Day 15 Fit Test today - I have re done my weight and measurements. I have not lost any weight but lost 1.8 inches and gone from 38.2 to 37.3 body fat.

In regards to calories and weight etc. I have MFP set as sedentary as I sit at a desk it has me eating (1400) a day and I wear a hrm and eat back my exercise calories as Im usually starving after working out. I dont go to bed hungry.

With my new job I eat breakfast @ 7am and can only have a small snack (200-300 calories)between then and getting home at 2.30pm. I am also now walking to work at a brisk pace which takes in total around 50 mins a day, 5 days a week.

I was looking for advice really, given my extra walking should I kick MFP setting to lightly active and still eat back exercise cals to see if I can get my weight moving.

Sorry for the long post, I will post my second Fit Test results after I have done them
  • sgtbrown
    Options
    vicky1804,
    I would definitely upgrade your setting up from sedentary. I'd have to say you are far from that. A 50 minute walk every day is awesome! Sounds like you do "starve" yourself during the day. It's great to see you are losing inches! I thought it was going to be hard for me to follow the meal plan on Insanity, but I am doing it and have adapted well. I eat 5 small meals a day, per the plan. On days where I know I'll be tied up in meetings, or other time-absorbing activities, I make sure the meals I take can be "grab and go". I usually eat a meal about 20 minutes after my workout. I am eating much less than I used to and I am never hungry.
  • vicky1804
    Options
    Thank you
    I have upped it and will see how I do at my next fit test in 3 weeks.
    I work on reception and they dont like to see you eating in front of people so I have to grab something quick (ie no knife or fork) I am thinking of making protein/Quinoa bar or even a smoothie for that time.

I have noticed that the workout's make me hungry so my current routine is to work out, drink my chocolate milk, shower then eat.
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Got in my Core Cardio & Balance, bringing the total to four of the six, and it's only taken me since Labor Day weekend :p I took my heart rate before the cool down and it was only 110, which isn't awesome, but I woke up and worked out and got sweaty and I will be proud of that! I rode my bike to work the last two days(4mi each way), so I'm still doing something.
  • sgtbrown
    Options
    AWESOME job...especially with the commute! I haven't commuted to work on my bike at all since starting Insanity. I think tomorrow is a great day to get back in that groove! Did Max Recovery today.....dang!!! Feel much better afterward!
  • vicky1804
    Options
    Day 19 - Pylometric Cardio

Iv gone from just managing 3 press ups to 9 and today was the first day I made it through a warm up without stopping.

People are also starting to comment at work that im looking trimmer.

This round of Insanity will finish 3 weeks before my holiday. I think I will do 30ds for 3 weeks and another round of Insanity when I get back finishing around November 11th.

Should be looking smokin' for Christmas! *Long time planner* lol
  • danishadows
    danishadows Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hi :) I just started my recovery week should you drink your recovery shake after these workouts too? im kinda confused about this any advice would help :) ps my goal is to bulid muscle
  • sgtbrown
    Options
    I did drink my protein drink afterward. They are still challenging workouts.
  • booyakazam
    booyakazam Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am in my third week of the first month. So far so good, but I can definitely tell that my body is taking a beating. I am looking forward to Month 2. Do you see more results in month 2? I've definitely felt myself get stronger thus far, but am looking for some drastic toning and possibly losing 5 lbs. Thoughts?

Also, I like the workouts so far, but am finding that they are becoming a bit repetitious.

Any other tips?!

Also, feel free to add me! :)

DIG DEEPER!
  • vicky1804
    Options
    Ok, bit quiet here at the mo.

Anyhow just finished week 5 recovery, took me 6 weeks as I had a week off due to sickness and injury.

So 6 weeks in, iv gain 8oz BBBUUUUTTTT iv lost 3 inches and 2.4% Body Fat.

When I was doing my measurements in front of my mirror I have to admit I am pretty happy with how my body is shaping up.
  • nysha145
    nysha145 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Today is pure cardio and abs for me I love the pure cardio because it seems like it goes much faster than the others I just hate doing the abs part cause I'm so tried. but I'm on week 4 day 4 first month so I've lost 9 pounds 3 1/2 inches!!!!
  • ukaggirl
    ukaggirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Started week 3 with fit test #2 today and it was a bit disappointing. I was able to do a few more of each of the exercises but not as much as I thought I would be able to. For some reason it was very tough this morning. Maybe it was the pizza yesterday. I just feel blah today. My weight was exactly the same as 2 weeks ago and all of my measurements were the same except I was down 4" in my waist (I'm thinking this is an error and my measurements last time were wrong) and 1.5" in my hips. I know I am losing some inches because of how my clothes fit. The biggest disappointment was the lack of progress in being able to do more. But I guess I am expecting too much from just 2 weeks. :) I love the workouts and am looking forward to hopefully seeing better results in the next 2 weeks.
  • nysha145
    nysha145 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone so I finished my first month of insanity It was not easy but I did it!! Now I'm in recovery week and then my last month so far i'm happy I lost 9 pounds and 5 inches around my waist and 3 around my arm.
  • sgtbrown
    Options
    Great job! 2nd month is a little harder, but definitely worth the effort! That is where I really started to see more definition.