Options

Replies

• melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Keep moving everyone! We can do it!

I walked for 33 minutes today.

exercise.png

You are such a great cheerleader! I couldn't do it without you! Great job with the challenge too!

Thank you! You guys are wonderful and determined!
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    My personal goal is going to be 600 minutes of exercise effort, completing a 5K race at a 9:30 mile pace or better, and dropping a couple more pounds.

June 1st 80 minutes, beach walking and hiking the biggest Sand Dune on the Oregon Coast.
    June 6th 120 minutes of gardening, I am so counting it!

Had a consult today about getting Lasik, still now sure I'm ready to take the plunge.

Interesting! I always wanted to try Lasik. What are the issues to consider before taking the plunge?

Welll...
    You have to be a good "candidate"
    Have a hunk of cash that you don't have a better use for
    And take a little bit of risk (it may not turn right)
    Be okay your vision will be good but maybe not a sharp as with correction (glasses or contacts)
    Not be a control freak like I am......
  • rocky503
    Options
    June 1st 80 minutes, beach walking and hiking the biggest Sand Dune on the Oregon Coast.
    June 7th 200 minutes of gardening, lots of squatting, pulling and lifting
    June 9th 60 minutes = 20 minute walk and 40 minute Kettle bell lifting.
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    My personal goal is going to be 600 minutes of exercise effort, completing a 5K race at a 9:30 mile pace or better, and dropping a couple more pounds.

Had a consult today about getting Lasik, still now sure I'm ready to take the plunge.

Interesting! I always wanted to try Lasik. What are the issues to consider before taking the plunge?

Welll...
    Be okay your vision will be good but maybe not a sharp as with correction (glasses or contacts)

My cousin had it done and he is one of the unfortunate few that had bad results. I don't remember the details (he's out of state), but I've heard he's had to go back for multiple treatments. I could find out details if you'd like?
  • rocky503
    Options

Hey Thanks for the response, i've have herd from some people with not stellar results and have read a lot of material too. Right now not sure I'll take the plunge yet. I am just getting to annoyance stage being nearsighted and starting to have close vision changes too, sucks but don't think it sucks enough maybe.

Welll...

My cousin had it done and he is one of the unfortunate few that had bad results. I don't remember the details (he's out of state), but I've heard he's had to go back for multiple treatments. I could find out details if you'd like?
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    AT 769!! might make my goal!! everyone is doing great!
  • melkadee
    Options
    Thanks! Here's the update.

exercise.png

Superstar! Keep it up, Marcon125!
  • melkadee
    Options
    After a weekend break, I'm back at it! Proud to say I got in 90min this morning, yay!!
    June10th 30min weights 60min walking

exercise.png

Way to go Minmin ... 90 min! What a workout! I hope you had a great weekend!
  • DMH1963
    DMH1963 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wish I had seen this challenge sooner. Was on a Disney Cruise to celebrate my 50th birthday and then couldn't remember my password! I hated being 40 pounds overweight on the cruise. Avoided all the mirrors. Gained that 40 pounds in the years since my twins were born. They turn 7 this month. Wish I could say pregnancy was the cause but it was not. Weighed 122 pounds two weeks after their birth and had rock solid abs. Up until 3 years ago I was still very fit. Now I struggle through 5K races where I used to run half marathons. I look and feel nothing like my old (young) self. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Kids really do take up a bunch of my time . Started walking at night with my ten year old daughter which has been fun. My goal is to get out of bed 45 minutes early to get my workout in before I go to work (3 days a week) and do longer workouts on the days I am home. Good luck all. :flowerforyou:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Wish I had seen this challenge sooner. Was on a Disney Cruise to celebrate my 50th birthday and then couldn't remember my password! I hated being 40 pounds overweight on the cruise. Avoided all the mirrors. Gained that 40 pounds in the years since my twins were born. They turn 7 this month. Wish I could say pregnancy was the cause but it was not. Weighed 122 pounds two weeks after their birth and had rock solid abs. Up until 3 years ago I was still very fit. Now I struggle through 5K races where I used to run half marathons. I look and feel nothing like my old (young) self. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Kids really do take up a bunch of my time . Started walking at night with my ten year old daughter which has been fun. My goal is to get out of bed 45 minutes early to get my workout in before I go to work (3 days a week) and do longer workouts on the days I am home. Good luck all. :flowerforyou:
    Jump on in and see how far you get!:happy:
  • MinMin97
    Options

exercise.png

Yes, a walk and some weight training! June 11th today. Birthday for my husband(41) and son(5)
  • melkadee
    Options
    42 minutes today.

exercise.png
  • MinMin97
    Options
    42 minutes today.

exercise.png
    Fantastic, Mel!!
  • Brie4me
    Options
    58 minutes of cardio and 2 minutes of pushups and planks

exercise.png
  • Brie4me
    Options
    Oh shoot, about the lasik! I intended to ask his mom yesterday. She happened to be stopping in for a visit on her way from West Virginia back to her home in Massachusetts. We got so caught up in catching up, I completely forgot to ask her! I will email her and let you know as soon as possible!
  • MinMin97
    Options
    June12th..... 30min weights, 60min walk

exercise.png
  • marcon125
    marcon125 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Update, including today's workout.
  • melkadee
    Options
    Go you!!!

I got in 58 minutes of cardio boxing and strength.

exercise.png

Fabulous burn! Cardio boxing ... tough girl!!! Yeah!
  • melkadee
    Options
    June 7th 200 minutes of gardening, lots of squatting, pulling and lifting
    June 9th 60 minutes = 20 minute walk and 40 minute Kettle bell lifting.

Outstanding! How is the garden looking these days?
  • melkadee
    Options
    I enjoyed cycling today.

exercise.png