Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Week 1, Day 1 done! Yay! I am doing the podcasts off of 5k101. I have to run in the old horse pasture that needs to be mowed and ended up with soaking wet socks and shoes after because it rained last night. But I got it done!

I just started the 10k app today. We are on the same schedule. Here's to the next six weeks.
  • sunkissed1109
    sunkissed1109 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 6 Day 3 today...not a fast runner, but it's probably the longest I've run in a LONG time! Felt really good.
  • JenniferPlus2
    JenniferPlus2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    W8D2 Done!

I took it a lot slower today due to the pains from w8d1 still lingering in my mind, 16m6s/mile. I really sped up at the end due to feeling great, but don't think I could uphold that speed through the whole 2.75 miles yet. My 5K is 4 weeks away. My PR is 14m22s/mile. That one was really hard, not sure how I did that. I hold steady at a 16 minute mile. Everything gets better with practice and training though. I can do this and so can all of you!
  • JenniferPlus2
    JenniferPlus2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Today was day 1 of the 5k210k app. I had a great start, 4.16 miles including warm up/cool down.I made so much progress with the first program, I can't wait to see what the next 6 weeks hold.

Way to go mrsmalcom!! I am about 2 weeks behind you! I didn't realize that the 5210K program was only 6 weeks. Yikes. I better keep training.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Today was day 1 of the 5k210k app. I had a great start, 4.16 miles including warm up/cool down.I made so much progress with the first program, I can't wait to see what the next 6 weeks hold.

Way to go mrsmalcom!! I am about 2 weeks behind you! I didn't realize that the 5210K program was only 6 weeks. Yikes. I better keep training.

Yes it's just 6 weeks. Hard to imagine I will be able to run 60 min + in less than two months. I waited 2 weeks after finishing C25K to start this one. I decided to just do free runs and push myself in between. 47 minutes was my longest run during that 2 week period, which means I was able to add 17 minutes to my runs. I can't wait to see what I'm capable of in mid July
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 2 - checked off!

Little guy couldn't find his mp3 player and I told him he could stay home if he wanted to. His face fell and he doubled his efforts to find it - I guess he is really into it, although some days you wouldn't know it :)

Tried to pace myself but as usual, my son set the pace and today he started out fast... I had to sprint for about 30 seconds when he got waaaayyy too far ahead and, with headphones on, was totally oblivious to me. (I figured he'd run out of steam and slow down... instead he got farther and farther ahead until I was like, crap, he's going to get hit by a car if I don't scramble.)
  • babybl00310
    babybl00310 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I logged my first c25k workout! W1D1 complete! Tomorrow is W1D2!

Congrats. You've just completed the hardest step!
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    W5D2 done. I looked at week 5 day 3 - run 20 minutes straight - I hope it doesn't kill me! Day 2 is 16 minutes of running but not in one shot, it's broken up by walking. I plan on tackling that day 3 on Saturday this week.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    W5D2 done. I looked at week 5 day 3 - run 20 minutes straight - I hope it doesn't kill me! Day 2 is 16 minutes of running but not in one shot, it's broken up by walking. I plan on tackling that day 3 on Saturday this week.
    Sounds like we're at about the same place. I'm doing day 2 after work today, and I'm feeling pretty confident about it, but day 3 is terrifying :laugh: I'm going to do it Saturday or Sunday.... whichever day I get up the courage to actually do it.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're at about the same place. I'm doing day 2 after work today, and I'm feeling pretty confident about it, but day 3 is terrifying :laugh: I'm going to do it Saturday or Sunday.... whichever day I get up the courage to actually do it.

Day 3 is going to happen for me in 1.5 hours... I am TERRIFIED!!!!

However, I'm just going to keep on going, as slowly as humanely possible. Today is the day I find out how slow I can really run!
  • crista_b
    Options

Day 3 is going to happen for me in 1.5 hours... I am TERRIFIED!!!!

However, I'm just going to keep on going, as slowly as humanely possible. Today is the day I find out how slow I can really run!
    Haha. Good luck!!! Slow is still going so good on ya! :drinker:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    W8D2 Done!

I took it a lot slower today due to the pains from w8d1 still lingering in my mind, 16m6s/mile. I really sped up at the end due to feeling great, but don't think I could uphold that speed through the whole 2.75 miles yet. My 5K is 4 weeks away. My PR is 14m22s/mile. That one was really hard, not sure how I did that. I hold steady at a 16 minute mile. Everything gets better with practice and training though. I can do this and so can all of you!

This makes me so happy for you. You are almost done with the program and will soon start picking up speed. I think it was a month ago - so three months after graduation that I broke a 10 minute mile (for only one mile, but it was a first). I averaged a 11:04 in the 10k I did June 1st, and my training pace is anywhere between 12:30 and 14 depending on the terrain and the weather.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 3 is such an accomplishment. You've been running for five weeks now. You are completely physically ready for it and have developed a number of techniques in the last 5 weeks that will help you through this. Every step you have already put down has paved the way for you to be here and will guide you through this run.

This run is a mental game. The only thing holding you back from completing it is your belief in yourself. Slow down. Hydrate.

You've got this.
  • MrsJ1105
    MrsJ1105 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm planning to do W1D2 tonight. I couldn't do it last night because of the smoke in the air (I live in Colorado, the smoke from the fires was pretty bad). I plan to do it around 8 tonight! Wish me luck!
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options

i'm right there with you two. W5D2 tonight for me then the big W5D3 run this weekend.

I can't believe I am actually looking forward to running tonight...my motto used to be "I will only run if my life depended on it, but after more thought I'd probably be better off playing dead" :D Not any more....I'm not fast - but at least I can run!
  • imafitmom
    imafitmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    W7D1 done.... and without any sort of mental/emotional breakdowns! Yoo-Hoo!!!
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Week 5, day 3, a full 20 minutes of running.

I feel amazing now - and I actually felt pretty good during! Around the 8 minute mark I wanted to stop, but I said, at least get to 10, then if you need to you can walk for 30 seconds and carry on. By the time I thought about that again there was 5 minutes to go, and I know I can run 5 minutes, so I just kept on going :)

Got a couple if stitches, but focused on my breathing and got that back under control.

I did slow down a lot for this run though, I've been doing 12-14 minute miles, today was more like 15. But who cares, I GOT THROUGH IT.

Woohooooooooooooooo
  • crista_b
    Options

I feel amazing now - and I actually felt pretty good during! Around the 8 minute mark I wanted to stop, but I said, at least get to 10, then if you need to you can walk for 30 seconds and carry on. By the time I thought about that again there was 5 minutes to go, and I know I can run 5 minutes, so I just kept on going :)

Got a couple if stitches, but focused on my breathing and got that back under control.

I did slow down a lot for this run though, I've been doing 12-14 minute miles, today was more like 15. But who cares, I GOT THROUGH IT.

Woohooooooooooooooo
    Congratulations!!!!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • babybl00310
    babybl00310 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Woohooooooooooooooo

Well done. I always think the first 8-10 minutes of a run are the hardest as you struggle to find pace and regulate breathing. Once your body has found a rhythm you could run forever if your mind would just switch off.

Week 9 complete here- GRADUATED! The last four minutes were tough but mentally more than anything as I knew I was going to finish on a hill. Wasn't long over the top of the hill when he told me I was finished but by that point I felt I could have kept going. Now I have around six weeks before my first Parkrun to focus on getting stronger and let me pace naturally improve.
  • crista_b
    Options
    Week 9 complete here- GRADUATED! The last four minutes were tough but mentally more than anything as I knew I was going to finish on a hill. Wasn't long over the top of the hill when he told me I was finished but by that point I felt I could have kept going. Now I have around six weeks before my first Parkrun to focus on getting stronger and let me pace naturally improve.
    Great job!