Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I completed week 6 day 3 today. On Wednesday I had trouble running the 10 minutes and in fact couldn't finish the second 10 minutes of running. I decided to move on to day 3 anyway. I'm so glad I did. I can't believe I ran for 22 minutes!!! It was slow, but I don't care, I did it!! We did a full 3.1 miles it took 49 minutes, so as you can see.....slow !!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I completed week 6 day 3 today. On Wednesday I had trouble running the 10 minutes and in fact couldn't finish the second 10 minutes of running. I decided to move on to day 3 anyway. I'm so glad I did. I can't believe I ran for 22 minutes!!! It was slow, but I don't care, I did it!! We did a full 3.1 miles it took 49 minutes, so as you can see.....slow !!

That second 10 minute run sucks so bad, it's not even believable. It's ironic that we spend all this time worrying about the 20 minute run and something you already did before can kick your butt.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    W3D3 done. Felt better than W2 if I'm honest - or it did today! I'm hoping I've slowed off enough for the longer runs but there's only one way to find out! :)
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    Finished W5 this week and looking forward to Sunday and starting week 6.
  • JenniferPlus2
    JenniferPlus2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    W8D3 done! I can't believe I graduate next week. It is still a struggle for most of my run and I just have to keep pushing myself. Tonight it was soooooo HOT!!!!!! Thought I would die. I still ran 15m29s/mile which is a second place PR for me, so there ya go. What I could have done if I hadn't felt like my blood was boiling. I still really need fitted running shoes too. Ok enough whining...I did it despite the pains and I am gonna do it again and again and again even if it kills me, cause I'm stubborn like that. HA!
  • JenniferPlus2
    Options
    Finished Week 7 today! I am feeling strong. Going to the homestretch by placing one foot in front of the other! Woot!

You're awesome!
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Week 1 done! I think I more shuffle than jog, but at least I'm doing it!
  • spartania
    spartania Posts: 88
    Options
    I just finished week 3 today...I'm a little scared of week 4 hahaha
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    W4 D3 done and dusted... Not feeling great before the run, and I had 3 days off after the last training session. Anyway, all good, some joint pains and some weakness.

I hope week 5 will do me well, quite anxious. Not sure I can make it.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    W8D3 done! I can't believe I graduate next week. It is still a struggle for most of my run and I just have to keep pushing myself. Tonight it was soooooo HOT!!!!!! Thought I would die. I still ran 15m29s/mile which is a second place PR for me, so there ya go. What I could have done if I hadn't felt like my blood was boiling. I still really need fitted running shoes too. Ok enough whining...I did it despite the pains and I am gonna do it again and again and again even if it kills me, cause I'm stubborn like that. HA!

:heart: this post!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    It's supposed to be warm today so I hit the road early to do W6D2. This is the first day I went out feeling really confident that I could do it, instead of just being pretty sure I would get through it. I did a hillier route (one short steep hill - which came right at the end of my first 10 minute run, and the rest were longer gradual hills) and was just a little slower than W6D1. Looking forward to finishing Week 6 on Monday!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    somehow posted the same thing twice: editing to delete extra
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I can't believe I am actually looking forward to running tonight...my motto used to be "I will only run if my life depended on it, but after more thought I'd probably be better off playing dead" :D Not any more....I'm not fast - but at least I can run!

This just made my day. I have often said that if I'm running it's because somebody is chasing me with a knife. Two-thirds of the day through Week 6 it's nice to know if somebody is chasing me with a knife at least I can run. At least in 10 minute intervals. Think the knife-wielder will give up before the 10 minutes is up?
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I somehow posted the same thing twice - is there a way to delete one? I see comments that posts are edited but can't figure out how people are editing.

Edit: Found the edit button! Is there a delete button somewhere? :smile:
  • JenniferPlus2
    Options

This post made me laugh because that is how I feel sometimes. I'll be in a rhythm running along, then I pass someone and become aware of myself and how I am dragging along like the hunchback of notre dame. LOL
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Week 4 DONE!!!! Slow is the key! Told my friend who was also having a hard time. We worked together today and she tried it and loved it! Now I definitely have a running buddy. Looking forward to week 5!!! I'm really starting to think I can do this!! :bigsmile:
  • sunkissed1109
    sunkissed1109 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 7 Day 1. Improved my time a little bit, so that made me a little excited! Humidity kills, though.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I did W1D1 today, my first "run" post-op. It was too easy, didn't raise my heart rate enough and no really heavy breathing. At least there was no pain and I know I'm ready to run. I'll probably skip ahead a couple of weeks in the program for my next run. It won't be long until I'll be ready to tackle week 8!

I'M BACK!!!

:happy:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I did W1D1 today, my first "run" post-op. It was too easy, didn't raise my heart rate enough and no really heavy breathing. At least there was no pain and I know I'm ready to run. I'll probably skip ahead a couple of weeks in the program for my next run. It won't be long until I'll be ready to tackle week 8!

I'M BACK!!!

:happy:
    Glad it felt great!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, that sounds like me! Another day of torrential downpours so I'll probably end up jogging with Leslie Sansone tonight. Still hoping to maybe get out there if it stops long enough, but that will mean dousing myself with Deet because the insects are downright vicious and gigantic this summer.