Stage 4

1212223242527»

Replies

• lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Hello ladies....

I did my first stage 4 workout yesterday. I didn't take a breath between stages this time. Man, I am sore today, but in a good way lol. Going to get in a 3 mile walk today to stretch things out a bit.

Here are my S4WA1 starting stats:

FSPP: 55 lbs
    Step Ups: 25 lbs (50 lbs total)
    One Point Rows: 20 lbs
    Push ups: 8 X decline
    Lunge: 10 lbs
    Plank: 120 sec
    Wood Chop: 50 lbs

I will be back on Friday to let you know how B goes!

GREAT job!
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Hi!

I did my first stage 4 workout yesterday.

Here are my S4WA1 starting stats:

FSPP: 55 lbs
    Step Ups: 5lbs (10 lbs total) increase in step height to 11.5"
    One Point Rows: 12 lbs
    Push ups: 8 at the 5th rung of the smith machine
    Lunge: 12 lbs
    Plank: 85sec (don't know why I went backwards on these. Was up to a consistent 90s last stage)
    Wood Chop: I used level 6 on the cable machine. I think my machine has the same resistance number crap that the rest of you ladies are talking about so I'm not even going to try to figure it out. I'll at least know that i'm improving.

Going to do my interval today and Workout B on Thursday :)
  • evedroid
    evedroid Posts: 134 Member
    halo stage4.
    so is anyone here using a barbell for step ups and lunges rather than dumbbels? and if so, is the bb split squat sort of similar to the elevated lunge? (apart from the step of course) im using a total of 25kg ~ 55lbs (12.5kg in each hand) for both and my grip and balance is terrible. i feel like im working my arms over my legs but i can not physically up the weights.
    any thoughts? i know grip improves within time but not sure whether or not ii should change to a bb.
  • JDubbs339
    JDubbs339 Posts: 44 Member
    Hey HEY Hey!

I just did 4A (same as 2A) and I LOVE these sequence of exercises!! I've missed these!!! It is SO encouraging to see how much better I am at the Front Squat Push Presses!!

I'm going to enjoy the repeat of stage 2!!
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    i love this stage!! i cant stand the hip flexion tho- i feel like it does nothing. replaced them with 15 sit ups (and im doing 15 reps for all abs). and im doing regular DLs...not from a box, mainly because i felt my back form got screwy, and id rather improve my DLs anyway.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    halo stage4.
    so is anyone here using a barbell for step ups and lunges rather than dumbbels? and if so, is the bb split squat sort of similar to the elevated lunge? (apart from the step of course) im using a total of 25kg ~ 55lbs (12.5kg in each hand) for both and my grip and balance is terrible. i feel like im working my arms over my legs but i can not physically up the weights.
    any thoughts? i know grip improves within time but not sure whether or not ii should change to a bb.

i wondered the same thing about the lunge vs split squat. i think this explains it well : http://www.livestrong.com/article/541710-what-is-the-difference-between-a-lunge-a-split-squat/

i sometimes use plates instead of Dumbbells, so i dont compromise the hard-factor of weight in each hand, but it doesnt hurt the grip. i know u are at home tho- so i dont know if u have plates to hold
  • phizzylizzy
    phizzylizzy Posts: 94 Member
    Hey all! Just checking up on this thread before starting Stage 4 on 7/9. I am looking forward to getting back to these exercises and continuing to build my pushups - that was probably my proudest achievement of Stage 2. I don't think I had ever done a full push up until this program. Not looking forward to the planks. They kill my shoulders and lower back. I think they have greatly improved my core strength though so....looks like I MUST! Enjoy your workouts this week, and have a great holiday!
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Did my second A workout today. It's funny, when I was doing the FSPP for 4A1, I was amazed at how much easier it was than when I was doing it in Stage 2. But then today I struggled again. I was hoping to go up by 5 lbs., but no can do. I didn't get a very good night's sleep, so that might have had something to do with it.

I'm also finding that my grip strength is suffering again, using the heavier dumbbells on the lunges and step ups. There was such a nice break from them in Stage 3, that I think I lost some strength in that area.

I was ready to just crash on the floor and go to sleep after my planks though, so I guess I must be getting a decent workout.