Confess to, analyse & learn from your binge here

Options

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Ok, I admit it, I had a binge.

Date of binge : 6/26/13

Time of binge : Approx. 1pm-5:40pm (on and off)

Location of binge : Kitchen, computer room.

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : standing in kitchen, sitting in computer room. Body language could be described as 'blah' at the time.

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : alone

Approximate calories consumed during binge : Approx 2910.

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... Maybe 20 minutes before it actually happened. I had 'binge' on the brain a bit prior by tried to remedy those 'need to eat' feeling with carrots at first. FAIL!

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... drinking some water, at the computer.

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... tired, sore, conflicted (should I work out? Hurt knee during a fall yesterday. Went back and forth, just work out, no don't you'll make the knee worse, blah blah)

During the binge I felt ......Blah. Nothing special, but also feeling like 'here I go AGAIN'.

After the binge I felt ......angry, physically miserable (full, heavy fat stomach, if I ate more I am sure I would puke) I feel like I have ONCE AGAIN let myself down.

From this binge, I have learned ........that once again I effed up and no matter how many times it happens and how awful it ALWAYS feels, that for some reason it's still not enough to make me STOP doing it.

I deleted the last part because I won't happily move on and I WILL beat myself up over it.
  • StrongAimee
    StrongAimee Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Date of binge : 6/26

Time of binge : 6:30pm

Location of binge : home

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : sitting slouched on the couch

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : alone with my dog

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 2,000

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ...........1.5hrs

Before I started to binge I was doing .........spent an hour and a half at the secretary of state, picked up fast food on the way home, binged when I got home

Before I started to binge I was feeling ..........bored, lonely

During the binge I felt ......nothing

After the binge I felt ......too full, disappointed (sad that I let myself do this again)

From this binge, I have learned ........my goals of being healthy are so much more important than the urge to binge. I feel happier and better when I do not cave to my cravings.

I am pleased with myself for having confessed to my binge, I can now move on from it without beating myself up.
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Date of binge : 6/28

Time of binge : 4pm

Location of binge : Home

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : Sitting on the couch

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : Alone

Approximate calories consumed during binge : About 3,000.

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was: 1 hr.

Before I started to binge I was doing .........Sat on my bed and couch crying.

Before I started to binge I was feeling ...Sad, lonely

During the binge I felt ......Relief.

After the binge I felt ......Guilty

From this binge, I have learned ........My goals are more important as well as my happiness for a healthy lifestyle.

I am pleased with myself for having confessed to my binge, I can now move on from it without beating myself up.
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Date of binge : 6/28

Time of binge : 4:30--10 p.m.

Location of binge : Mom's house, then my living room after 6:30

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : sitting, probably slumped

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : at Mom's house= Mom, son, brother, sister-in-law; at home=by myself

Approximate calories consumed during binge : I added up the calories and got about 1,000 calories.

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... I didn't even stop to think about it. I just started stuffing myself.

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... at Mom's house=talking to Mom and watching my son; at my house=reading/playing around on computer

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... I don't know how I felt. I guess disconnected from myself.

During the binge I felt ...... a little guilty but mostly numb.

After the binge I felt ...... even more guilty.

From this binge, I have learned ........ I binge a lot when I'm at my mom's house, for whatever reason. I probably fall back in to old habits when I'm there. I can't say no. I have also learned that I cannot buy a loaf of bread from the bakery because I will eat the whole thing. Tonight I threw away the last 1/4 of the loaf. I felt guilty for "wasting" food, but I also felt a lot better after I threw it in to the compost bin.

• HawkeyeLite
    Options
    I really needed to write this out today.

Date of binge : June 29 2013

Time of binge : 9:45 pm

Location of binge : Couch

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : Laying down

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 1300 (20 minutes)

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... About an hour. I called a friend and tried to distract myself and then ordered it while I was on the phone with her.

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... Trying to zone out by watching TV and distracting myself from thinking about my problems.

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... Feeling sad, alone, unattractive.

During the binge I felt ...... Distracted, comforted, disgusted

After the binge I felt ...... Hate (toward myself), unattractive, fat, disgusted, alone and deserving of being alone

From this binge, I have learned ........ Binge eating makes me feel worse than before I started. I haven't binged in a long time, and all the sad unworthy feelings I was feeling just overwhelmed my resolve not to overeat. I didn't realize that I still felt exactly the same things I felt before the binge compared to after. Binge eating doesn't solve my problems. It doesn't make me feel better. It makes me feel worse, and alone, and disgusted and disappointed in myself. But it's over. And all I can do is eat normally (not starve myself or lie to myself about how I'll eat better) but I can eat normal. I am worthy.

• Allovera21
    Options

Date of binge : July 4, 2013

Time of binge : Around 2:30

Location of binge : Home.

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : Sitting.

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : Alone.

Approximate calories consumed during binge : ~800

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ......... I battled with myself for approximately half an hour.

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... Studying.

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... Bored.

During the binge I felt ...... Resignation

After the binge I felt ...... At first I felt the usual guilt and disgust with myself, but I forgave myself relatively quickly, and now I'm just kinda frustrated and discouraged.

From this binge, I have learned ........ It occurred at the usual time and overall was pretty standard. A bit better than usual, I would even say. At least this time I didn't reach the point of being so full I'm feeling sick.

• Rachelesa94
    Options
    This is a great idea, you might be seeing a lot of me on here but hopefully not. I kind of have all day binges..

Date of binge : 05/07/13

Time of binge : 12pm-4pm and 11pm-1am (work in between)

Location of binge : Home/Car

Body language during binge: Lying in bed, standing in kitchen, sitting in car at carpark outside kfc.

Company kept: alone.

Approximate calories consumed during binge : total: 4000 12pm-4pm: 2600 11pm-1am- 1400

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ... woke up to the delivery of candy (first mistake) couldn't stop eating after that.

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... sleeping before first binge working before second binge

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... i don't know :/ wasn't hungry though.

During the binge I felt ...... occupied

After the binge I felt ...... disappointed, sick but not full (i never feel full)

From this binge, I have learned ........ not to eat candy in the morning cause it all goes down hill from there.

• Doodlyj4
    Doodlyj4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Date of binge : 05/07/13

Time of binge : 9 pm

Location of binge : the bed in my apartment

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : sitting, watching tv

Approximate calories consumed during binge : ~2000

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was very short, no more than twenty minutes.

Before I started to binge I was doing great the whole weak, today I've been trying to finish a really frustrating paper though and had called my mom, which resulted in me being super homesick.

Before I started to binge I was feeling incredibly lonely, everyone I know is out of town or has no time for me.

During the binge I felt lonely, empty, sad, trying to justify it with PMS.

After the binge I felt sick, but still empty and lonely and homesick. I cried a little.

From this binge, I have learned that I should have just cried right away. At least I could have been sad and hot. Now I'm just sad and a step behind.

Thanks for reading.
  • Rachelesa94
    Options

Date of binge : 09/07/13

Time of binge : All day

Location of binge : At home

Body language during binge: sitting/standing in kitchen

Company kept : alone

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 4700

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was the night before.

Before I started to binge I woke up too early, couldn't get back to sleep

Before I started to binge I was feeling tired, stressed, upset, alone, sad... shall i go on?

During the binge I felt fulfilled.. my mind was too busy with food to worry about other things

After the binge I felt ...... how i felt before the binge plus fat disgusting and bloated

From this binge, I have learned ........ that i can't eat away my feeling i just feel worse afterwards.

• lesterj64
    lesterj64 Posts: 19
    Options

Date of binge : July 4th, 2013 and July 5th

Time of binge : 1am

Location of binge : Home kitchen

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : Sitting at kitchen table

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 1,100

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... Really never thought about it. Just did it!

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... watching television
    Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... don't remember any feelings

During the binge I felt ...... stupid

After the binge I felt ...... stupid and over filled (today, July 9th I feel like crying over this mindless eating)

From this binge, I have learned ........ not to bring ice cream (ate the whole container all at once) into the house because I cannot control my behavior. And then the next day did the same thing. I feel like puking just thinking about it. Ugh!

• lesterj64
    lesterj64 Posts: 19
    Options
    the above confession includes july 5th also.

Sorry, added that already!
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Date of binge : July 6th

Time of binge : 6pm

Location of binge : Home kitchen

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : standing at the cupboards

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 1,100 in 10 minutes

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... about an hour

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... not much
    Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... hungry

During the binge I felt ...... daft because I was very aware of what I was doing, tasted great

After the binge I felt ...... worried about how I was ever going to get into my cocktail dress next week and that I would have to buy more food

From this binge, I have learned ........ that I have no will power

• slimjenny21
    slimjenny21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Date of binge : The past week --but I'll analyze tonight's binge

Time of binge : 10 pm

Location of binge : living room couh.

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : laying down and sitting.

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : alone / mom in the other room

Approximate calories consumed during binge : i want to say nearly 2000

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... very quick

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... working

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... like i was going to binge

During the binge I felt ...... disgusting.

After the binge I felt ...... disgustin.g

From this binge, I have learned ........ that i can't keep doing this to myself and to my body. it's gross.
  • lemonsquare6
    Options

Date of binge : July 18, 2013

Time of binge : 12:30 pm

Location of binge : Home

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : Sitting, standing

Approximate calories consumed during binge : Didn't want to count but in ball park I know it's between 2000 to 3000

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... Not much as even a moment. After breakfast, I kept eating more and more food. Telling myself it's okay because I can fit it in.

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... Having a coffee thinking it is a good time to have breakfast

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... So I had my three eggs, apple, few slices of honeydew... then my food intake continued. I would ask myself 'why not a little more of this, or why not this too?"

During the binge I felt ...... Confused. It's Day 3 of Binge and I thought by allowing myself to eat the foods I want I would stop eventually. But I didn't, so it started of light and soon as you know it the entire packaging is empty.

After the binge I felt ...... Uncomfortable. And wondering how long I will digest the food so I can actualyl do something today.

From this binge, I have learned ........ That I might not be able to trust myself with will power. I am worried about tomorrow after my first initial meal. I don't know why I can't control it. I don't need the food, I am not hungry but I do it like it's a job.

• DucksandOranges
    DucksandOranges Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Good way to think about it! It can be really hard for me to "move on" sometimes - its awesome that you seem ready and willing to let it go and look forward!
  • Sara13CH
    Sara13CH Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Date of binge : 7/24/13

Time of binge : 215

Location of binge : Home, in front of computer

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : sitting Indian style...feet not on ground

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 1220

The amount of time between realizing I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... 2 hours

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... on the computer, procrastinating, not doing the homework I was supposed to, trying to come up with a plan to get on track with my eating, thinking I can give myself a week of binging and get back on track

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... down on myself, guilt, embarrassment, shame, anxious, overwhelmed, helpless

During the binge I felt ......guilt, excitement, this is the last time

After the binge I felt ......uncomfortable, upset with self, mad at self, shaming self

From this binge, I have learned ........I use food to keep me from doing what I am supposed to, gluten and sugar are my triggers big time, and I use food to cope with anxiety when starting something new-it helps me feel comfort, grounded, safe, yet a bit numbing. I am wondering if I use it to sabotage myself from living the life I want to live since it keeps me stuck in my fear.

• idahomommy
    idahomommy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to bookmark this without typing a comment.
  • lilylux
    lilylux Posts: 109 Member
    Options

Date of binge : 25 July 2013

Time of binge : 5 - 9pm

Location of binge : Work

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : Sitting slumped over desk.

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : Alone.

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 1,500.

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... 5 minutes

Before I started to binge I was at home procrastinationg from school work.

Before I started to binge I was feeling sad about my break up.

During the binge I felt guilty, sad.

After the binge I felt guilter and sadder!

From this binge, I have learned gluten and sugar are dangerous for me. Binges are triggered by emotions. I shouldn't try to eat my feelings.

• ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I've been binge eating a lot lately. Off and on . It's causing me to withdrawal from friends on this site, it causes me to not wanna see irl friends. It makes me feel alone. I don't even look forward to much in life anymore. My thoughts are always telling me I'll only have a good life once I lose these 30-40 lbs. I feel depressed but I'm not sure how serious it is, if I would go a week without binge eating I'd feel more high on life... but ultimately would not be satisfied until the rest of this weight goes away.

I feel like I'm failing all the normal people on this site who go about losing weight and posting progress pics. I've been here a year and I'm the same weight I started minus 5 lbs.. I yo yo.

F***.

I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I'm contemplating diet pills to take my hunger away because I already have cravings, the hunger while restricting at all...doesn't help at all. It's like, a small bit of hunger makes me want to eat...then I over eat, or crave high calorie stuff.

I'm so sorry for this rant I haven't even been involved in the group much this month. But today was a binge day, so I guess this is confessing and trying to analyze my behavior... :/
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Date of binge : 7/25/13

Time of binge : 3 p.m.

Location of binge : Work and then home

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : At work, sitting. At home, standing

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 1190

The amount of time between realizing I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... 1 hour

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... at work, feeling frustrated because I lost a document I was working on. At home, feeling overwhelmed with the amount of school work I have to do in the next week. Also, feeling frustrated with the messy state of my home.

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... frustrated, overwhelmed. I felt like I was on autopilot and knew exactly what I was going to do, but couldn't stop it.

During the binge I felt ......guilt, knowing the whole time that I said the last time was the last time, now here I am again! Telling myself this would be the last time.

After the binge I felt ...... sick to my stomach, tired, guilty, frustrated with myself

From this binge, I have learned ........I need to find a better way of managing feelings and stress. I use binges to distract me from what I really need to be doing. I am afraid of success whether it be my weight, school work, work work, whatever.