5k Training thoughts

Options

Replies

• dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I wanted the blue ones, but the store didn't have them in my size. Thankfully, Amazon did!
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I wanted the orange ones lol but they only had the blue. Footlocker website had the orange, but I didn't want to wait lol. Did a run with them and beat all my records so apparently shoes make a HUGE difference. I was at a 14:19 1mile PR, and got a 13:49 1mile with the Wave Riders.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My initial moment of proud triumph at my best time ever by a large margin was squashed a moment later when I looked at the distance reported by Runtastic and realized that Color Me Rad is one of those weird 5K's that isn't actually a 5K, it's only about 2.2 miles. That puts me right back at a nearly 12-minute mile, which is a bit slower than I ran before I took a break to rest my injured foot. Since this was my first actual attempt at a run in three weeks, I've decide to be happy with my time of 24 minutes anad a few seconds for 2.2 miles.

Are they not regulated??
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    Are they not regulated??

I can only assume they are not. :tongue:

Color Me Rad is about the fun of running, not about the competitive side of it at all. And since i had a lot of fun, i have no complaints with the way they approach and handle things.

I would however caution anyone who signs up for one to use a GPS-based app to measure distance and to time your run, if you are interested in those things.
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    I am back!! I missed you guys!

I've finally got my new computer up and running, and can be online from home on a computer again, instead of my phone, and it makes a huge difference. I feel so much better now that my internet withdrawal is starting to go away. :bigsmile:
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am back!! I missed you guys!

I've finally got my new computer up and running, and can be online from home on a computer again, instead of my phone, and it makes a huge difference. I feel so much better now that my internet withdrawal is starting to go away. :bigsmile:

Woot! Welcome back to the world of addiction. I would go crazy without my computer!

I was thinking about you yesterday. How's your foot?
    I found this page on FaceBook that gave me some great insight on my calf issue.
    I thought you should check it out...
    http://on.fb.me/17kRVZ7
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    My foot is healing, thanks for asking :smile: I'll check out that Facebook page in detail tonight, at first glance it looks very helpful though.
  • lizpirate
    lizpirate Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you're on the mend, DL! Are you still doing the NROLFW workout?

I have been running at least twice a week, although not always with the app. I can't believe what a change I've gone through in the last six months. I used to hate exercising with a passion, and now it's something I look forward to.
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    I had to give up the NROFLW workouts when the library demanded the book back and then lent it to someone else. :grumble: I'm too cheap to buy my own copy :tongue: My husband and I are working with a trainer at our gym, so I'm still getting a rounded good workouts, and I can tell it's working. My legs look sexy awesome now, and suddenly it's fun to wear shorts again.

I know what you mean, I used to hate it too. Painful, sweaty, and overall unpleasant. Now, I miss it and get withdrawal symptoms when I don't have time to workout regularly. I sleep so much better after a workout.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Glad you see you back Dragon.

See like I'm jinxed at the moment - now managed to break my toe so not be running. Got a Color Run on Sunday and if I have to hobble I will.
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Glad you see you back Dragon.

See like I'm jinxed at the moment - now managed to break my toe so not be running. Got a Color Run on Sunday and if I have to hobble I will.

You broke your toe? Boo!!!
    Hobble on and feel better. :)
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    Yikes! Broken toe sounds painful...!

Get better! And enjoy the Color Hobble on Sunday.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm here! Just hard to post! REALLY wish they made it easier to post to forums from the mobile app! I've been working on increasing my mileage since I know I'm in the right shoe. Which BTW makes a HUGE difference! I increased pace by almost 2 minutes just by changing shoes LOL. I'm doing a 13:21 pace but for long runs I average a 15 pace :)
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    So, F2f... we gave you a few days, but since you haven't said anything: How did the Sunday Color Run go?
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

Might I say, I love the Zombies Run 5K app! Over the winter, I had made it to week 5 and was rocking it. Then a little slip turned into a two, four, six week slip. I have the motivation to get up tomorrow morning and hit Week 1 Day 1 again, but was looking for some accountability in the form of the forum.

Hope to find a great group of people here!

Jennifer
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    Hi and welcome! We are always happy to see new runners join here. :smile:
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello & welcome. This is. Very supportive group
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hi

Sorry not be in touch.

The color run was great fun. Could only run some of it as it was too crowded but definitely do it again next year and take the kids.

The best bit was 2 brides in full dress who were following us and they got totally covered. The worst bit was losing my son through a color station and taking 10 mins to find him. He has high functioning autism so was not sure how he would coped if he lost me but I was the one panicking.

My toe/foot is still really sore so not being doing any running at the moment which is annoying as Spartan Race in 6 weeks.
  • Amerielle
    Amerielle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I'm not sure I have ever said anything in this group before but I love to lurk.

Yesterday I did week 7 day three. I can't believe I have almost completed my training. I have started 5k training before but never stuck with it but I am so much more engaged now.

I don't want to give anything away but I was a little nervous about this last run...I really AM runner 5! lol
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Amerielle - That is actually rather motivating for me. I have done week 1 several times, and up thru week 4, but then got busy with work.

I tried to start again earlier this week, but we ended up working two 16 hour days in a row and it was rather challenging to find time to run. However, two days ago, I found 35 minutes of time in the afternoon to run. I didn't do the ZR5KT but ran a minute, walked a minute, then ended up running like 8 at full speed when the helicopter flew overhead and I was not back. I made it before they cooled down.

Today, I did W1D1 on an awesome forest trail all by myself. I was extremely happy. Looking forward the day after tomorrow to run again!

(I speak in time frames for I never actually know the day of the week. We work a 12 on 2 off schedule.)

Now if only I can work harder to make the calories in match calories out.