July check in and chat: barbell-lovin' BAMFs in training

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I did workout B for the first time, and did it in its entirety!!! Holy crap I almost didn't make it through the OHP. My last set I had a discussion with the bar beforehand, and then there was a lot of wobbling and shaking and grunting getting that last rep up, LOL. My squats felt better - kept them at 45 lbs, not sure if I should bump up 5 lbs next time or do one more session with just the bar to work on form some more. My deadlift wasn't easy, but it certainly wasn't hard. I had it at 65 lbs, so I'll bump it up at least 5 next time, if not 10. OHP will obviously remain with just the oly bar.

But wow, how empowering is it to muscle through a workout you didn't think you could do???
  • zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I did workout B this morning and feel like a real BAMF. I did OHP to failure on the bar. I just kept pushing them out till I could push no more! I ended up with 1x5@ 17kg, then 3x5@20kg and 1x4@20kg. I love that I talked my wussy thougts away and just kept trying til my arms died!

I've decided to just focus on form with my squats after reading all your suggestions. I kept it at 25kg and did 5x5, really focusing on keeping as upright in the chest as possible. I'm sure I was better at these when I first started!

And I deadlifted 1x5@55kg. OMG - next time I'll have to put the really big 20kg plates on the bar! I don't know if I can carry them over to the bar!! They're so BIG! I am such a badass! I was grinning like the cheshire cat when I left the gym this morning!!
  • zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I did workout B for the first time, and did it in its entirety!!! Holy crap I almost didn't make it through the OHP. My last set I had a discussion with the bar beforehand, and then there was a lot of wobbling and shaking and grunting getting that last rep up, LOL. My squats felt better - kept them at 45 lbs, not sure if I should bump up 5 lbs next time or do one more session with just the bar to work on form some more. My deadlift wasn't easy, but it certainly wasn't hard. I had it at 65 lbs, so I'll bump it up at least 5 next time, if not 10. OHP will obviously remain with just the oly bar.

But wow, how empowering is it to muscle through a workout you didn't think you could do???

Hey! I've been doing this for a couple of months and I still can't OHP the bar for a whole set! You're amazing!! :drinker:
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I did workout B this morning and feel like a real BAMF. I did OHP to failure on the bar. I just kept pushing them out till I could push no more! I ended up with 1x5@ 17kg, then 3x5@20kg and 1x4@20kg. I love that I talked my wussy thougts away and just kept trying til my arms died!

I've decided to just focus on form with my squats after reading all your suggestions. I kept it at 25kg and did 5x5, really focusing on keeping as upright in the chest as possible. I'm sure I was better at these when I first started!

And I deadlifted 1x5@55kg. OMG - next time I'll have to put the really big 20kg plates on the bar! I don't know if I can carry them over to the bar!! They're so BIG! I am such a badass! I was grinning like the cheshire cat when I left the gym this morning!!

Nice work zanyzana :drinker:

Just keep focusing on pushing that butt back and down and you'll be progressing in no time :happy:

I have intensity day today going for 1x5 dead, squat and bench but a massive fail on my part is that I'm booked in to donate blood, whoops :ohwell:

Either gonna smash it or faint... theres a few hours gap between so hopefully the body would have pumped me back full again :indifferent: :indifferent:
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Frat! Just realised I'm giving blood after work tomorrow, then due to go to gym. Suspect discretion is the best option...
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Girlie - if it's deadlift day, I would strongly suggest that you not lift! Donating blood and then deadlifting is a recipe for nothing good!
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Welp It is August 1 and I officially made it through my first 90 days of Stronglifts. This is proud moment! I have never started a 90 day workout program and stuck to it the whole duration, but I did this one. So I am now going to start on my second round and hope to improve my results. You ladies have been very supportive and have given great advice. If not for the group I don't know that I would have stuck to it. Thank you ladies :):flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • inkysmurf
    inkysmurf Posts: 168
    Options
    Sugar_junkie - WELL DONE YOU!!!!!!!!!! that is totally awesome. x

Zany - that is fab! (me & the OHP are always having discussions sometimes they get a bit sweary...)

Week 9
    Squat 5x5@ 72.5kg (159lbs) hurahhh - but rounded my back big time on one lift and wobbled on a few - so going to deload and build back up on these.
    Bench 5x5 @30kg (66lbs) went wobble mad on these - no idea why??
    Pendlay 5x5@32.5kg (71lbs) these felt great - so upwards with these.
    Then usual accessories 3x15 reverse crunches, 30 full sit ups, 3x6 body weight inverted rows, 5 no feet chin ups, 8 feet chin ups, 112 air squats, 7 full press ups.

sunday is attempt to lift 80kg (176lbs).... excited!

Happy lifting ladies. x