Whats for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks

Options

Replies

• JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: cooked apple with cream, butter, cinnamon, pumpkin seeds and sliced almonds

Lunch: Water

Dinner: Fake chinese takeout chicken floured in tapioca starch, deep fried and rolled around in a sauce flavored with balsamic vinegar (also contained excessive amounts of sesame and olive oil). Jasmine rice and broccoli for sides.

The sauce I personally used wheat flour in but it can be done without it (the original recipe called for arrowroot flour). I'm mostly gluten free by choice.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Let me see what I had today

Breakfast.....yogurt and fresh peach cofee

Lunch.....owl of homemade veggies soup and a gluten free cornbread muffin.tea

Dinner. .... Red beans and Brussels sprouts tea
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    186495bna73841p9.gif My meals are almost the same.

Breakfast yogurt and fruit,, coffee
    Lunch pinto beans salad and gluten free cornbread Tea
    Dinner tonight will be a bowl of veggie soup.tea
    Snack 1 c of ice cream. Saturday night treat.I hope it does not have an Gluten in it.

Have a great day
    Marie
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My typical day is

Greek yogurt with honey/blueberries/pistachio nuts (so yummy with the mix of flavors but be sure the nuts are GF)
    or
    Scrambled eggs or boiled eggs. I work, so I do them real quick in the morning and have a yummy breakfast.

Deviled eggs are :love: too as a treat

Udi's bagels are the closest to 'real' but are 300 calories of NO nutrition. (funny how my brain is changing:happy: )

Lunch is salad balsamic basil EVOO, protein like chicken/fish/tuna (stopped beef for awhile) Iced tea

Snack is nuts or fruit ( or I must admit Lays plain potato chips :blushing: )

Dinner meat/fish and veggies usually 2 or 3 different kinds, potato or rice

I realize my life is made a bit harder by no tomatoes, especially sauces, lemons and limes at a min. and garlic/onion I have to be careful with.
  • Momofgenerals
    Momofgenerals Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- yogurt, omelettes, GF bread with toast, smoothies

Lunch- chicken and baked potato with Greek yogurt, roasted zucchini :-)

Snacks are usually seeds or yogurt with veggies
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sorry I have not been around here lately. no excuse

This morning my breakfast was Steam spinach , onion and eggs
    Lunch Salad with spinach, iceberg lettuce, bell peppers , hopped onions, slice of cucumbers with vinegar 1 c pinto beans no salad dressing.
    Dinner glucerna shake with strawberries
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Breakfast oatmeal and pumpkin coffee
    lunch.....cottage cheese and fruit I bought low fat Wal-Mart brand and it was not good. I used to buy it all the time and I like it; Wonder what happen.?
    Dinner beans Steam broccoli, Greek yogurt
  • lanalamoureux
    lanalamoureux Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love omlets with veggies or chex cereal and I add raisins and sometimes nuts or sunflower seeds, yogurt with a piece of fruit, quinoa flakes with hot water make a great hot breakfast. You can also get glutten free oatmeal...breakfast food is endless if you do some research
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    iam cooking some pintos bean for next week. Love my beans
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I have been eating a lot of Beans and fresh chopped salad. Good for you and really good for your blood sugar.
    Marie
  • ElvisBaby88
    ElvisBaby88 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    3 months into Gluten Free and I am starting to really explore new dinner ideas...made GF Pillsbury Chicken Pot Pie last night and it was delish...had left overs for lunch today! Anyone have great gf alternatives to favorite foods?!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    is this a mix or what?
    Marie
  • Fourthgirl
    Options
    I have made a few of the recipes from the Bisquick site. They have GF Bisquick but I have also used several other brands of biscuit mixes in the recipe and they work. Use what you have. The quiche type recipes are awesome just add any combo of your favourite toppings. I had an old "impossible quiche" recipe off an old box of Bisquick that I just substituted in the GF biscuit mix in to. I have made both dinner and dessert recipes from this site and all have turned out well.
  • takerbrat
    takerbrat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have been diagnosed with a gluten sensitivity so I have been cooking gluten free since August. Over the next two weeks I will be posting Low Carb-Low Fat-High Protein Gluten Free recipes on my MFP blog - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/takerbrat/view/make-my-day-recipes-for-breakfast-lunch-and-dinner-601014
    *photos on my weight loss challenge FB page - https://www.facebook.com/TeamDontMessWithTheMommaPage?ref=hl
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Oh Have I been MIA. But I definite need to get back into it. I have some biscuit GF mix but I am such a card addicted I am afraid to use if very often Breakfast was oatmeal with dry apricots lunch was 1 c of mushrooms GF soup with about 2 c of chopped vegies , Very good. tonight I am not to sure. Will se what hobby wants We are looking for freezing rain and sleet tonight.
    Marie
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    My meals will be pretty boring right now because I was (and will be again) on an 8 week meal plan. I had to give it up for a while because I'm on some antibiotics that make my stomach go crazy and the bread type foods really help calm that down. So right now I'm pretty much living off of gf english muffins, chicken noodle soup with gf noodles, and white rice. I'm still trying to watch my calories, but man those foods jack them up so quickly! :frown: But anyways, this is what my meal plan looks like:

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs and smoothie (kale, raspberries, banana, flax seeds, and almond milk)

Snack 1: Some kind of fruit. Depends on what's in season, but I eat a lot of mangoes and kiwi.

Lunch: Chicken or Fish with some veggie (usually broccoli because I love it).

Snack 2: Homemade Nut Mix (almonds, walnuts, M&M's, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds)

Dinner: Chicken or Fish with Kale Salad (with dressing, carrots, and mushrooms)

Snack 3: Cottage Cheese (2%. Probably one of my top 5 favorite foods)

Then I workout twice a day with some cardio in the mornings and strength in the evening. Usually totaling to 1 hour a day. Right now my workout time is replaced with feeling nauseous, but soon that will be over and I'll be back to my routine!
  • IAmABetterMe
    IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Meikmeika
    Meikmeika Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Pam-cakes w/ Uncured Turkey Bacon, Coffee
    Lunch: Salad w/ chickpeas, red onion, carrots
    Dinner: Beef Stew
    Snacks: Mean Green Juice, Kind Bar, Coffee

I definitely need to add more veggies to my diet.
  • fattybumclaire
    fattybumclaire Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts alternate between something eggy -scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, boiled eggs with asparagus to dip, poached eggs, piccolo tomatoes and bacon etc - or something sweet.....I have bought a few boxes of 'Bakery on Main' oatmeal sachets from amazon, they are lovely. I make them up with almond milk and generally add extra fruit, they contain flax, quinoa. amaranth and chia so punch a good portion of vitamins and minerals. OR.... my fave banana pancakes, literally one ripe banana whizzed up with one egg, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tbsp ground flax seed, I fold in extra soft fruits such as blueberries then cook in a pan or in muffin tins in the oven. No need for syrup or sugar, they are really sweet. :)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    My beakfast this morning was a protein shake with almond coconut milk with 3 half canned apricots And 1 scopp of Jay robb protein shake.