Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group David, Carrie, Joe and bepeejaye!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 6 if you care to join us. Just private message me or post in the newest thread and I will add you to the new spreadsheet.

There is also a measurement check in thread (somewhere lol) if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.

Additionally, we are doing miles walked for the month of August – I will be working on the Google docs link soon, and it will be open to edit.

I am also thinking of doing a 5lbs for August challenge to so keep an eye out for the thread.

Good luck on your journeys! Here is to a healthy rest of the year! :drinker:

Jo
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Thank you Jo! :)
  • chrissyreneet
    chrissyreneet Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 38 this month with a ton of kids, a ton of dogs, a ton of cats, and a half ton of birds. Ok, so it's only 3 kids, 3 dogs, 3 cats, and 2 birds, but that's a lot. I'm getting back into the swing of things with the weight loss. I originally lost 55lbs about 10 years ago and have yo-yo'ed back and forth with the about 15 lbs. I want to lose about 20 lbs or so and shed my muffin top.
  • Ditndotsmom
    Ditndotsmom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys got all kinds of great things going on in here. Can't wait to explore some more!

41 pounds down and about 20 more to go and it's getting harder now. Trying to amp it up in an effort to get this things DONE!!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group chrissyreneet and Ditndotsmom!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 6 if you care to join us. We are wrapping it up soon but I can add you anyway. Just private message me or post in the newest thread and I will add you to the new spreadsheet.

There is also a measurement check in thread (somewhere lol) if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.

Additionally, we are doing miles walked for the month of August – the link is up and it will be open to edit.

I also have a 5lbs for August challenge to so keep an eye out for the thread.

Jo
  • 515GetFit
    515GetFit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just joined 30 somethings group! 33, and looking to get my health and weight back in track! Love having access to this great support! Started new group fitness class today, but also want to get in additional miles walk/running!
  • jessicajustice1
    jessicajustice1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi:) I'm jessica and I'm 32. Looking forward to shedding a lot of pounds.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group 515GetFit and Jessica!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 6 if you care to join us. We are wrapping it up soon but I can add you anyway. Just private message me or post in the newest thread and I will add you to the new spreadsheet.

Additionally, we are doing miles walked for the month of August – the link is up and it will be open to edit.

Jo
  • cinderly317
    Options
    Hi I'm Kimberley and new to MFP. I started my weightless journey at the beginning of June and have lost about 20 lbs so far. I've got another 50 to go according to medical advice.

I recently bought a fitbit flex activity monitor to help encourage me to be active (I have a desk job). I love being able to track my progress.

Anyone on the forum from Scotland? Either way I'm looking forward to getting some support on here.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Kimberley!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 6 if you care to join us. We are wrapping it up this week but I can add you anyway. Just private message me or post in the newest thread and I will add you to the new spreadsheet.

Jo
  • Kougar83
    Kougar83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm new to MFP and starting my journey. I got a lot to lose but I'm gonna lose it one step at a time.
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Natalie from Denver, Colorado. I've always been a big girl, but there's a difference between being big and clearly carrying too much weight. After having kids I threw myself into being a great Mom and wife...that left ME way down at the bottom of my priority list. Now that the kids are older and in school I can focus on me.

I've been on MFP for two years now and I hit a wall so I started a BUTT kicking workout and nutrition program in hopes to remind my body "we're not done yet!" So far so good, but we'll see! I just keep working! I'm looking forward to being in a group of people around my age to continue the journey with!
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm Jon from the Greater Indianapolis area. I know i'm only 28 (almost29) but i really fit this group much better than anything in the 20s. I have a desk job working as a computer programmer. Not sure what my highest weight was, but when i look at my wedding pictures vs the picture on my badge i don't really like the way i looked so i decided to change it. Been on mfp..i think a little over a year now. Trying to get in better shape and lose a little more weight juggling a 45hr a week job + wife + 3 kids. Looking for more active friends. I have about 45 of them right now but only 4-5 of them post anything. Glad to meet you all in advance. Keep up the good work.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Kougar83, Natalie and Jon !! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

I am starting another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 6 if you care to join us. We just wrapped it up this past week. Just private message me or post in the newest thread and I will add you to the new spreadsheet. Note - this new spreadsheet will be open to edit.

There is also a measurement check in thread (somewhere lol) if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month. I will be bringing it back Sept 1st for myself.

Jo
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of organizing a 50 burpees a day for september. Think that is something this group would be interested in?
  • MichaeltheMarine
    MichaeltheMarine Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Hello All! It's been a long while since I posted anything, so I figured I would stop by and say hello! Let's chat!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    I was thinking of organizing a 50 burpees a day for september. Think that is something this group would be interested in?
    Um yes!!! Sign me up jonward85!!! Feel free to start a thread on this! I was actually going to start a daily squats and daily situps challenge.

Jo
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group MichaeltheMarine!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

I am starting another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 7 if you care to join us. We just wrapped up the last one this past week. Just private message me or post in the newest thread and I will add you to the new spreadsheet. Note - this new spreadsheet will be open to edit.

There is also a measurement check in thread (somewhere lol) if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month. I will be bringing it back Sept 1st for myself.

Good luck on your journey! Here is to a healthy rest of the year! :drinker:

Jo
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Samantha and I'm a 31 (almost 32) year old working mother of an amazing 3 year old. I have never ever been the fit girl, but I'm closer now than I've ever been. I've been on MFP for a while and really enjoy the challenges and community on here.
    This group seems like a great place to hang for a while :flowerforyou:
  • GoddessTwitch
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am not 30 (until next week!), but I was hoping that maybe this group will be a good fit for me. I got on MFP a few months ago. When I first signed up I was using the site daily and forming a routine.. but I soon stopped. I think part of my issue is not having a good support network. So here I am! Right now I am trying to lose about 20-30 pounds. I have lost the extra weight many times only to gain it back.
This discussion has been closed.