August C25K challenge

Options

Replies

• ladytrixibelle
    ladytrixibelle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 3 completed yesterday - man, that was a challenge! Took everything out of me.

great job for completing it! :) onto w6d2 tonight myself :indifferent:

also @rover - great job!! :D we're so close to finishing! :)

How did the w6d2 go??
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 3 completed yesterday - man, that was a challenge! Took everything out of me.

great job for completing it! :) onto w6d2 tonight myself :indifferent:

also @rover - great job!! :D we're so close to finishing! :)

How did the w6d2 go??

Literally just finished! It was good :) First 10 minutes weren't bad, 2nd 10 minutes were okay until the 2-3 minute left mark (which is typical for me) - legs are usually fine but my lungs start acting like I'm drowning or something ;) I'm stoked I finished it, even more so because my back popped out of place in my lumbar region and I was like oh well let's see if I can at least jog a little bit. Woohoo! :)

@Amanda - nice job! Keep getting yourself out there and just do it! ;) We need some c25k "just do it" Nike shirts for MFP >.< I say it a lot anyway, especially to myself and all over the forums haha.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Keep going, just slow down and keep going.

I'm back home just now from my W5D3. I ran non-stop. On one hand, i can't believe I did it, and on the other, I can't believe I didn't believe. Go figure. Once I was allowed to walk again, I cried in the middle of the track and stood there wiping tears off my cheeks. There are no words to describe how grateful I am for this whole thing.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options

I'm back home just now from my W5D3. I ran non-stop. On one hand, i can't believe I did it, and on the other, I can't believe I didn't believe. Go figure. Once I was allowed to walk again, I cried in the middle of the track and stood there wiping tears off my cheeks. There are no words to describe how grateful I am for this whole thing.

Week 5 Day 3 was a really important run for me too. You did it! 20 minutes straight! Congratulations!
  • pinkstp
    Options

So awesome right? Congratulations! :) It truly does amaze me that 6 weeks ago I was overwhelmed by those intervals and now I'm doing 10 minutes at a time :) I don't really look ahead but I heard w6d3 is another "run for your life" moment. Should be interesting ^_^
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    I'm still on cloud zillion. I think I'll use the NHS podcast from now on, because the Robert Ullrey week 5 wasn't my cup of tea, and now I like Laura's advice as well as general comments a lot. Just a tip to "shop around" if you're not feeling motivated; nothing wrong in concluding we can't click with everything free out there. Robert did a good job on the four first weeks though, but Laura has that little extra something in my opinion.
  • pinkstp
    Options
    W6D3 down :D Daily checkin thread for longer remarks on it :p Just happy I'm moving along! 22 minutes felt like forever (but my body is slowly adjusting to the longer runs, woohoo!!!)
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm still on cloud zillion. I think I'll use the NHS podcast from now on, because the Robert Ullrey week 5 wasn't my cup of tea, and now I like Laura's advice as well as general comments a lot. Just a tip to "shop around" if you're not feeling motivated; nothing wrong in concluding we can't click with everything free out there. Robert did a good job on the four first weeks though, but Laura has that little extra something in my opinion.

That's the same one I use. I think Rober Ullrey was the one I started with but couldn't stand the music... I'm pretty sure my eye was twitching faster than I was running! :laugh:

Edit to add: Did I congratulate you on day 3 yet?! I don't think I did! Congrats - I'm so freaking impressed! I'm doing mine tonight & terrified that I won't be able to complete it.
  • AmandaForKeeps
    AmandaForKeeps Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just finished W2D1. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it went. I didn't feel horrible ever. I think it was the long walking intervals. My knee is a feeling a little weird, though. Not painful, just a dull something. I will do W2D2 on Tuesday.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I did W1D3 today. I really really didn't want to do it. I had to make arrangements with my ex to watch the kids and while I ran around his neighborhood, lol. I pinched a nerve in my neck while playing with the kids in the lake yesterday and I was just looking for reasons to skip todays run, but I did it anyway. I am so glad that I had read through this thread because I decided to slow down and I swear I would have stopped midway had I not. I am very happy that I found this program because if I was still just jogging on my own schedule, I would have not gone out today.
    I feel like I overcame a lot of bull corn to get my butt out there today and I am proud of myself and I feel like if I had to work that hard to make my run time happen, then I am really in this for me! I always feel better afterwards, but with this program, I feel like I've completed a step, too. :)

AWESOME JOB!!!!! So many reason's not to do it but you did it anyway!!!! That is HUGE!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options

AWESOME!! CONGRATS!!!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Finished W7D2 today...It was pouring down rain but I got up anyways. It only rained for the first part of my c25k. So far both of my 25 min runs have killed me! Combo of poor eating, humidity and not sure what else. Hopefully Tuesday goes better, but at least I've finished each one :tongue:
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Finished W7D2 today...It was pouring down rain but I got up anyways. It only rained for the first part of my c25k. So far both of my 25 min runs have killed me! Combo of poor eating, humidity and not sure what else. Hopefully Tuesday goes better, but at least I've finished each one :tongue:
    Humidity can take the energy right out of you. You completed them! Yeah!
  • jmm083
    jmm083 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    W7D1! woo!
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    Great going everyone! Fantastic work, just keep going and remember to have fun!

I'm back from W6D1 and it felt heavy all the way until I understood why; yesterday I did a 5K walk and today I had kept a much higher speed than before (unconsciously) and was supposed to start the second 5-minute running where I have usually started the 5-minute cooling down. So instead of turning back home, I ran to the end of a street, 0.55 km further away. I'm blaming the youtube videos on running form, which I'll start a thread about in a moment.
  • Skye_NS
    Options
    Great going everyone! Fantastic work, just keep going and remember to have fun!

I'm back from W6D1 and it felt heavy all the way until I understood why; yesterday I did a 5K walk and today I had kept a much higher speed than before (unconsciously) and was supposed to start the second 5-minute running where I have usually started the 5-minute cooling down. So instead of turning back home, I ran to the end of a street, 0.55 km further away. I'm blaming the youtube videos on running form, which I'll start a thread about in a moment.

Great progress! Good for you! How did you find running intervals again after the long run? I seem to be doing a bit of mental heel dragging today - it's hard to get excited to go back to the short runs after doing w5d3. I would almost rather do two days of 10's. (Is that odd?)

Going to check out your other thread now...
  • Skye_NS
    Options
    After all the worrying I did leading up to w5d3, you would think I would have posted an update as soon as we finished. :laugh: Oh no, not me... I didn't get a blog post done until the wee hours this morning (while I was doing the 'how the @#$% are you still awake at 2am' thing with my son)! For those interested, my virtual victory dance can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Skye_NS

I will say the run went better than I could have ever imagined. I kept my pace - even with some good-natured ribbing from my hubby - pushed the stroller for my full turn and finished strong. It feels like I passed a major test and I'm really looking forward do doing the longer runs!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Great job Skye!!!!!

AglaeaC - I'm excited to see these video's. I need to increase my speed. Great job completing everything and going faster!
  • AmandaForKeeps
    AmandaForKeeps Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I did W2D2 tonight with my oldest daughter (almost 9 years old). Besides the ridiculous heat, it was an enjoyable time. We chatted through most it and it makes me eager for the longer intervals next week. My sweet girl did great, too. She is sort of the reason that I started this whole running thing up again (I use jog, recreationally, for a short amount of time when I was in college and really enjoyed it but got away, gained weight and was nervous to get back). We see 5k's at so many events that we attend every year and she was asking if we could ever do one. I said, we would need to practice running. She said, so let's practice!! That was May and I struggled for a few months until I found C25K. I can't wait to do a 5k with her!! <3
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    W2D1 in a few hours time!

I meant to do it on Sunday, but left my phone at home. So I just made up intervals for 20 mins. At the end I did a few lots of 2min run, 1 min walk intervals - so I'm thinking I should go alright today!