Introductions

Options
Hi Everyone,

I think it's always nice to do some introductions at the beginning of challenges so we can all get an idea of who people are and how we can best support each other.

So I guess I'll start :smile:

My name is Sarah and I'm 32. I am a social worker working in youth addictions right now which keeps me really busy focusing on other people. Part of what I want to GAIN on this challenge is the ability to make time for ME and to allow myself to feel ok when I am.

I had already planned to really kick things into high gear this week, so I reset my weight, my goals and my plan. I also know that I tend to have an "all or nothing" attitude, so the plateau I have been on has been tough so I am hoping that resetting will allow me to "start fresh" and get to it.

I enjoy more adventurous activities and find that makes it easier for me to get my exercise in. I also want to start heading to the gym more again, as some of my future goals will require me to have more strength training to get through.

I am looking forward to "meeting' everyone and really sticking together through this to have an awesome set of holiday pictures

If anyone is interested in following any of my adventures, I have a blog (as well as facebook, instagram, twitter) www.wickedjourneys.blogspot.com

Replies

• kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm in! I'm Jennifer. Recently turned 45 (yipes!), wife, mother, blah blah blah. I'm currently at 175 and my goal since the beginning of this year was to be at 160 by the end of it. Now I'll aim for 155, and with your support I'll get there.

I walk 5-6 days a week and am currently doing Focus T25, which is totally kicking my butt. I'm not fit but I am trying. I'm currently plateaued and have been for a couple of weeks. I will feel so much better when the scale starts moving a little.

My very boring blog is at dietbabble.blogspot.com.
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Kathi, I am 44 years old. I have been stuck between 160 lbs and 165 lbs since the beginning of the year. I have lost 60 lbs, but now I am up 5lbs so a total loss of 55lbs. I have 2 boys, ages 13 and 10 and within the past year I have gotten remarried and gained a 12 year old daughter and an almost 2 year old son. So, needless to say, life has gotten a little crazy. I am hoping that this challenge gets me refocused on MY goals and taking care of myself again. My original goal weight was 135 lbs. I have rethought that and I am now setting it at 145lbs, which if we can do this will make me hit my goal by Christmas!!!

Good luck to everyone and let's do this!!!
  • TardisMom
    TardisMom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Kat. I am 26 years old and I am married and have 2 children. I am a full time nurse in long term care and I work the night shift. I started at 240lbs and I lost 30 before I strayed and gained a bit back. I am now 219 and hoping to get to 200 by the end of the year. I know that we can do this together! Currently I focusing on staying within my calorie limits and doing moderate exercise at least 3-4 times a week with more exercise to be added as I get more in shape.
  • mommamia9211
    Options
    Hi I'm Tara, will be 23 soon. I'm 180 lbs looking to lose about 40 so 20 by Christmas would be great! I hope to start planning my wedding for Spring 2015 and the thought of wedding dress shopping horrifies me right now. Also, I need some energy to keep up with my two year old. I just finished week 2 of couch 2 5k which I definitely believe will turn me into a runner. I hope to add some insanity or Jillian michaels on my off days to help me get this goal accomplished. Good luck to you all and I hope for many success stories!
  • kmw213
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Krista. I'm 33 years-old and TIRED of feeling like crap all the time. My starting weight was 225 and my current weight is 215. so I'm currently down 10 pounds...which is amazing!! I started using MFP (for real) on July 22! I've decided to join this challenge so I can be held a little more accountable...I don't have the motivation I was hoping to have, but I'm slowly getting into it more!

I'm also looking forward to being under 200 for the first time since 2006 or so...
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    Hi everyone:

I'm Jen, a small business owner and mom. I lost about 15 lbs before joining MFP and am hoping to lose 30 more. I am very dedicated to exercise and find it easy to run 3 miles or do a workout like Shed & Shred 5-6 days/week, since it helps decrease stress and keep me sane. :)

My weakness is being a social person who is surrounded by friends who are into good food and good drinks. In every weight loss attempt, I have failed because I used any excuse to open (and finish!) a bottle of wine or make a "special" meal. I have been working on no longer having an "all or nothing" attitude, which is my typical approach and it fails every time.

I admit that the idea of a cheat day kind of freaks me out since I fear being given an inch will lead to me taking a mile. I may modify this part to be me creating a 5000-7000 calorie deficit each week and however I work in my treats (hello, red wine!) then so be it.

Thanks for creating this group - I love having the support!

-jen
  • jrubin77
    jrubin77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Jackie, I'm in my mid-40's, 2 school age kids, working full time, PTO Mom, etc. I'm busy all the time - so I don't make time for me. My job has switched to a "desk/cube" style - so I am sedintary all day, plus I quit smoking last year, plus I'm pre-menopausal and on a new medication. My doc says it's "OK" to expect to gain 10 or 15 pounds... but I've gained about 50 in the last year and a half - and I am unhappy about it! I had several years of success and maintenance on WW - but it doesn't seem to be working for me anymore (probably all in my head). So here I am - and if I can lose 20 by the holidays I will be excited to have some of my own clothes, from my closet, back to fitting!
  • BeaFit
    BeaFit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Bea and I am a 49 year old Mom just getting started on my weight loss mission. Time to get me and my health back at the top of the priority list. This challenge will be great for me and lines up perfectly with my goal of 20 gone by Christmas. More focus on running and less on running around!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Alison and I'm 40. I weigh about 160lb right now and if I could lose 20 lb I would be very happy. I do a combination of workouts but I try to get something in everyday. I figure skate at least 4 times a week lately so since that works on my lower body I focus my home workouts on the upper body and some cardio.

I am doing this for health, because once you are over 40 it is harder to lose, but mainly because I plan on competing at a skating competition with a friend and he will have to lift me so I need to lose weight so I don't crush him. Also imagine how good I will look in a skating dress by the spring!!! :)

We can do it!!!
  • Anita4life
    Options
    Hi- I'm Anita, I turned 40 this year. Ugh! I have always been overweight but I had always managed to keep my clothes fitting. Something happened with 40 and I ballooned up even more and now none of my clothes fit comfortably. I weight myself this morning and I am 250.8 that is down 9 pounds from when I started 2.5 weeks ago. Loosing 20 lbs by Christmas would mean I could do my Christmas shopping in my own closet, and that would be incredible. So I am very much looking forward to doing this challenge with everyone!
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Christina - 37 yrs. old. in SC. My current weight is 211. My main weight goal is 149 for now. That is the weight I'll have to be for my BMI to register as normal rather than overweight. For this group my goal is 191 for the 20 lbs. But I would LOVE to lose more than that by year's end.

I will have to do my weigh-ins on Fridays because I won't always have internet access on weekends. Hope that won't be a problem. Looking forward to this!
  • oreyna
    oreyna Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Omar and I work as a Registered Nurse. I'm 36 years old and I've decided to change my lifestyle. I figure that I have been extremely brutal to my body for the past 18 years, so I have to do my best to undo some of the damage. My heaviest has been 265 and I am down currently to 240. My ultimate goal is to reach 180 and maintain. I really want to improve my health and live a long, healthy, and active lifestyle for my kids. Let's do this together and kick some *kitten*!!! Anyone can add me as a friend. Good Luck!!!
  • Becca0301
    Becca0301 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Rebecca age 35,wife and mom of four. My highest weight was 244 lbs now I'm down to 198.6 lbs. I workout 6 days a week right now because I'm doing a Jillian Michaels 30 day plan that mixes 3 of her workouts. It's great and it's something I'm able to stick with. My goal weight is 135 lbs and I know it will take time but I will get there.
  • StAcY_LyNn22
    StAcY_LyNn22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Stacy and I am 33. First of all, I am so excited to be a part of this group! I have been using MFP for just over a year and have lost 48 pounds. I currently weigh between 161-164 with my ultimate goal of 140. With the support of this group, I can achieve this goal by Christmas!!

I am a wife and Mom of 3 busy kids. I often feel guilty trying to make time for myself. I workout between 4-6 days a week doing a mix of cardio and strength training.

I look forward to meeting goals with everyone! Good luck! :)
  • jesssonj05
    jesssonj05 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Jessica, I am 30 years old, and have a lovely desk job. I am looking to get back down to my weight as to when I had my second child. Then start to lose the baby weight. I have been close to that goal before, but life got in the way. I recently joined a gym and have set a commitment to going 4 days a week. I am finding that hard so I am learning to adjust by either doing a workout video or running our Lab after the kids go to be. Eating healthy isn't the challenge for me. My challenge is staying motivated and away from sweets/soda. I hope this challenge keeps me motivated. Please add me as a friend if you would like.

I need others to help me stay accountable and motivated. Thanks
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone Im Tia, mom of 2. I have been here since May of last year. I have recently hit a plateau and have been stuck at 180 since May this year. My goal weight is160 and that is why this challenge is perfect for me :smile:

My plan is to shock my body with consistent mid to high intensity workouts so that I can shake this last 20 lbs off once and for all!!! Good Luck ladies. Cant wait to see before and after pics and stats!! :flowerforyou:
  • eshillin
    eshillin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Elise and I'm 21 years old! I currently weigh 153 with a end goal of 135 (more would be great). I was down to 148 before my wedding this year (July 13, 2013). I want to continue to lose weight and get healthier, but with the whole wedding goal over I need something new to spark my determination. I currently always workout 3 times a week without fail, but I am looking to increase that to 5 times a week! I am really looking forward to being a part of this group!

Elise
  • Bhutchin69
    Options
    Hi! My names Becky. Support and motivation are always a great thing when embarking on fitness goals. :smile:
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cindy and as my user name indicates I'd much rather knit in front of the TV than just about anything else. But as a 44 year old mom of 2 with a full time job and the usual amount of stress, I was starting to feel my age. I decided to become a runner one year ago this month, and I started with Couch to 5K. I'm now running about 3 miles every other day, slowly but better than not at all. I didn't lose any weight until I started tracking my food this July with MFP. I'm down 13 pounds so far, and like another poster I just entered the under-200 club, yay! First time since I got married 16 years ago.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I want to lose 20 pounds by Christmas so I can turn down my mom's offers of clothes that are too big for her when we go to visit. I want to say "No thanks, those are WAY too big for me!" LOL! I'm excited to have so many new friends to support and lean on!
  • hotmamatodd
    hotmamatodd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Rebecca. I am 39 years old and a stay-at-home Mom of five little ones (along with starting my own business).

After my youngest was born in 2011 (turning 2 tomorrow!) my husband and I were at our heaviest. January 1st resolutions started us on MFP and we have had great success. Each of us has lost 50lbs+ and feeling great! I ran my first 10km roadrace this past weekend and believe me, it wasn't pretty. But I finished and for the first time in a long time, I was proud of myself! I decided then and there that I needed to shed my last 20lbs once and for all!

One of my biggest downfalls happens at supper time and I pour a glass of red wine. Well deserved, yes. After chasing kiddos all day long, I find it such a blessed time of relaxation, stress-reducing, Mommy-time. But it also lowers my defenses and I find that I start to snack a little too heavy.

Last night I said, "no more!" and reset my goals for Christmas. Then today I find this group! Awesome!
    I look forward to the extra support and hope everyone meets me at the finish line! Go team!

I am thetangledtreehouse on Facebook, Etsy, Instagram and Twitter!