Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Completed W8D2 yesterday (run 28 min)! Tomorrow is my 30 min run and last day of the program. I am so freakin excited!! I haven't had any pain/discomfort/blisters at all throughout the whole program, and my legs (after a session) only felt really fatigued after the 20 min run. :bigsmile:
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 5 yesterday! This was the workout I tried on Thursday but didn't finish because of the heat. But yesterday I rocked it! Great cool weather made it a lot easier. I can't believe I ran for 20 minutes! My birthday is in a few weeks and I've asked my hubby to enter us in our first 5k together as my gift. I think I'm becoming a runner!
  • AmandaForKeeps
    AmandaForKeeps Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I finished week 5, too! My ankle started hurting a little bit (never happened before) but I iced it a bit when I got home and it has been perfect since, so I don't know what that was about. Maybe because I was wearing heals and carrying my son in church (something I don't do in combo often) then came home went out to run super quickly.
    I ran listening to my audio book and found myself missing parts becuase I was zoning out. I think I'll stick to radio/music from here on out.
    Week 6, here I come!! :)
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the 20-minute run, putcake and AmandaForKeeps!

Awesome, CTcutie! Let us know how you did on your last run.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Week 9 day 1 this evening! This was my first run without any bad moments. Usually I get anxious/tired around minute 15, then hit an awesome zen state at around 20, but tonight it just clicked. No sore calves, anxious feelings, or shortness of breath. I'm excited to keep adding minutes post-c25k, hoping to finish the hot chocolate run in November in about 45 minutes.

:)
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 5 yesterday! This was the workout I tried on Thursday but didn't finish because of the heat. But yesterday I rocked it! Great cool weather made it a lot easier. I can't believe I ran for 20 minutes! My birthday is in a few weeks and I've asked my hubby to enter us in our first 5k together as my gift. I think I'm becoming a runner!

Yay! Awesome job!
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    After having to take a few days off of exercise due to health issues, I finally completed W5D2 tonight. I didn't know what it would be like since I had skipped a bit plus it upped from five minutes to eight, but it was my best run yet. I didn't once look at the time, I ran faster than I ever had before, and I wasn't tired at the end. In fact, I was surprised to see that the eight minutes were up both times; I wanted to continue running longer.

The infamous W5D3 is Tuesday. Hopefully I can say the same when it comes around.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I ran W5D1 yesterday, and will probably do W5D2 today. I was tired and sore from doing body weight exercises, but I pushed through. I'm looking forward to W5D3 later this week. My first 5k is October 22, not really my first, but my first I plan on running the entire thing.
  • badwolfIO
    badwolfIO Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Started W4 yesterday. It was a perfect day for a run. Although, it caught me off guard. The first 3 and 5 mins were very challenging. My hip joints hurt, and I was winded. But the rest of the run was smooth and easy. Strange that it got easier as I went. Going to try to remember that for future long runs.
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    completed W6D3 (22 min run) - As I finished the run, the neighbor at that house was having a yard sale and had a couple people in the yard. They all commented that they "wish I could do that...but/but/but".... I just told them if I can do it THEY CAN! Maybe I will inspire them!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I officially finished C25K about a week ago but hadn't completed the full 3.1 miles only the 30 minutes. Saturday I completed the full 5k in 35 Min 35 Sec. Nice to know I can do it, my race is on the 28th.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Started W4 yesterday. It was a perfect day for a run. Although, it caught me off guard. The first 3 and 5 mins were very challenging. My hip joints hurt, and I was winded. But the rest of the run was smooth and easy. Strange that it got easier as I went. Going to try to remember that for future long runs.

It happens all the time. The first 10 minutes I'm always thinking my knee hurts, this hurts, that hurts but after awhile I think my mind finally shuts off and just goes with the flow! Amazing how much the brain has to do with running!
  • toni_mmh
    Options
    I officially finished C25K about a week ago but hadn't completed the full 3.1 miles only the 30 minutes. Saturday I completed the full 5k in 35 Min 35 Sec. Nice to know I can do it, my race is on the 28th.

That's fantastic! Congrats. What did you do the week between finishing C25K and your completed 5K? Did you still run every other day? Pushing, Pushing to see how far you could run? And you still have time to keep working on it. But 35 min is spectacular!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Last week on Thursday I finished Week 13, Day 3 of C210K. Week 14 is the last week.

Saturday, I ran in a Color Vibe 5K. It is untimed, but I used MapMyFitness to track it, and I PR'd! My first 5K (July 28) was 39:59 (to be fair, it was a really, really hard course). I ran this one in 32:46. I am really happy with how far I've come.

Today, I ran 5.68 miles with Week 14, Day 1 of C210K. :smile:
  • toni_mmh
    Options
    Last week on Thursday I finished Week 13, Day 3 of C210K. Week 14 is the last week.

Saturday, I ran in a Color Vibe 5K. It is untimed, but I used MapMyFitness to track it, and I PR'd! My first 5K (July 28) was 39:59 (to be fair, it was a really, really hard course). I ran this one in 32:46. I am really happy with how far I've come.

Today, I ran 5.68 miles with Week 14, Day 1 of C210K. :smile:

ROCK ON! Are you planning ahead for a 10K?
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options

That's fantastic! Congrats. What did you do the week between finishing C25K and your completed 5K? Did you still run every other day? Pushing, Pushing to see how far you could run? And you still have time to keep working on it. But 35 min is spectacular!

Yup I continued to run every other day and just kept increasing my time. Thursday I ran to "the corner" and it turned out to be 2.92 miles so I figured Saturday I didn't have to go to work and I could take all the time I needed. I REALLY wanted to do the full 5k so I just pushed through. I didn't run this morning, the dark made me wimp out (some days I'm tougher than others) but I plan on running between 30 and 35 minutes until the race. Good plan or should I keep increasing the amount of time I run?
  • bjdavid53
    bjdavid53 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D3 today! Can't believe I ran 20 mins. straight, admittedly slowly. A few weeks ago, 90 seconds seemed like forever.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I started week 6 today. I surprised myself with how well I did last Friday for W5D3. I breezed right through it. I actually look forward to my running days. At my age of 58, I never thought I would be doing this. Surprisingly my knees are not complaining. I do run slow, but will work more on my speed when I finish the program.
  • dhvozza
    dhvozza Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D2 today! I slowed down and it wasn't very difficult this time! I think I was going too fast on my past runs. Feeling pretty confident about doing the 20 min run on W5D3!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I just finished W5D2 about 20 minutes ago. I've been enjoying running after work, even though I'm a nurse and I work 12 hour shifts. It's so refreshing and allows me to let go of the stress from work and focus on me and my health.