Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Had just finished running and was walking home pouring with sweat, red in the face and panting when about 10 men all heading to the night shift at the local warehouse came round the corner. :blushing:

LOL there are some guys working on a house on my street, and since they're so close to my home, I'm always walking to warm up or walking to cool down, never jogging. But when I come back I am soaked and panting - literally panting. We waved at each other the other day and one guy said "doing the mile loop?" and I responded with "THREE - gasp - mile - gasp - loop." So I feel a little better that at least I've communicated a reason for my total exhaustion...
  • jmm083
    jmm083 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I ended up doing week 2 twice because of life and being scared of week 3. Well I did W3D1 last night and I had no problems finishing it!
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Just finished W4D1 on the second try. I think it helped a lot that it was about 20 degrees cooler today. I felt really good when I finished, wasn't totally exhausted. I'm so happy!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Ran 2.5 miles this morning. :)
  • micqs
    micqs Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Finally began week 2 yesterday! I have repeated week one so many times (due to foot injury, lapses in time, etc). It felt good to do it! My question: will my distance improve over time? I feel like i should be going further than 2 miles in the 30 minutes. The path I'm running has hills that obviously slow me down a great deal but I still feel I'm not doing what I'm supposed to. :(
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Just finished W4D2. I didn't do as well as I wanted to, but at least tomorrow is a rest day and I can hit it hard again on W4D3.
  • mtcastillo86
    mtcastillo86 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Finally began week 2 yesterday! I have repeated week one so many times (due to foot injury, lapses in time, etc). It felt good to do it! My question: will my distance improve over time? I feel like i should be going further than 2 miles in the 30 minutes. The path I'm running has hills that obviously slow me down a great deal but I still feel I'm not doing what I'm supposed to. :(

If you stick with it, your performance will improve over time. The point of the program is to work up to running nonstop for 30 minutes. For some people, this may be >3 miles. For others, it may be <2 miles. It just depends on your fitness level. There is no "right" way.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Week 6 complete! If someone would have told me that I would run for 22 minutes straight six months ago, I would have laughed in their face! I can't wait to see what is next!

Do many of you go straight to C210K, or what is a good plan for when I finish this? I enjoy having a specific program. Thanks!

I went straight in to 5 to 10k app by RunDouble. I feel much better having a specific program, too!
  • ws8996
    ws8996 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Started Week 2 today after a day off yesterday and I can definitely feel a change starting. I know it seems really soon but I think this is more mental than physical. I am now telling myself that this feat isn't impossible or beyond my capabilities so it is becoming easier. I still have a very long way to go but I'm feeling great!

W2D1 = 2.56 miles completed in 30 minutes.
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Feet felt like cement.
    It's hard to run slow.
    Impossible if I run faster.
    Was praying for strength & about to quit this time but you know what?! God is great!!! Week 8 Day 3 DONE!!!!
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    WK2D2 was completed yesteday. And I was honestly surprised that it didn't suck. Even my intervals were faster. So hopefully D3 tomorrow will be as good or better. Trying to maintain speed as I build distance. If I get any slower then I won't be able to complete my race in the required time :sad:
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    Just completed Week 5, Day 1. It was a really good run. Personally, I could have halved the walking intervals. I was surprised when it told me to slow down for the cool down. I wanted to do some more! I had my fastest over all pace yet, at 6.3mph. Perfect weather conditions today, too. I think everyone else agreed with me, because the normally quiet streets of my neighbourhood were full of runners this morning. Today was great.
  • nacole2122
    nacole2122 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Week 8 day 1 completed. 15:30 minute mile. Still slow, but getting faster.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Just back from Week 7 day 2. Ran 2 miles in the 25 minutes, same as last time. Felt pretty good, got to see the pretty sunset as I ran :smile:
  • zephyrq
    zephyrq Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    First MFP check-in, but finished W3D1 a few hours and I already feel ready to run again.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Completed Wk2D3 overall pace stayed the same but my interval pace (both run and walk just not W/u &C/d) got faster. Looking at a 13:27 m/m. Total pace stayed the same at 15:12. Which means I won't be kicked out of the Tinkerbell in January!
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    C2 10K
    Zen lab ap.
    W11 D3 down and done
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    W6D3 done this morning and it was a joy.

If you'd asked me to say that when I was gasping like a goldfish on a BBQ trying to run for 60secs a few weeks back, I'd have laughed but the 25mins whizzed by :)
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    GRADUATED TODAY. W9D3 in the books with the third 30 minute/3 mile run in the books. This morning's run didn't feel as good as Wednesday's but I made up for it by stretching the workout a little longer to total 4 miles with the warm-up and cool-down walks included. Bring on the August 3rd 5K that I am registered for!!!!
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I have somehow injured my foot, So i still have 2 more run days left before I can graduate. Hoping to maybe be able to jog again by Sunday. Lots of icing going in in my house :frown: