Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Did Rundouble W4 Day 1 today. I wasn't able to complete it. I did the first 3 min. interval, had to walk twice for about 15 seconds each time during the first 5 minute interval, I did the second 3 minute interval, but could only run about a minute of the last 5 minute interval. Should I go back to week 3 or should I keep attempting W4 Day 1 until I get it? I knew I would have trouble with it, but really disappointed that I couldn't do more than a minute of the last interval.

I got stuck in week 4 too. I think I posted about it in this thread. I had to slow down...a lot! I didn't realize how fast I was going at first and burning out at then end. Once I focused on staying slow and easy I completed it and didn't ever get stuck again. The weeks were still hard, but I never felt like I couldn't finish again.

I would try it again, this time slower. And remind yourself that you can do this! Good luck.
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I ran W9D1 last night. I never dreamt that I would be able to run 30 consecutive minutes, but I did. Slow, but I made it. What is supposed to be the end of the program leaves me about .7 miles short of a 5K.

I am not sure what I will do after finishing this week. My plan was to switch to the distance version and run W8 (2.75 miles) next week, then W9 (3.00 miles) the following. Does this seem reasonable?
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    c210k W10D1 done! It felt so easy too! Early morning runs are the best. It's so much better before it's hot, before I'm tired from the day, before the sun is up so it's not beating down on me, before there are a bunch of people out... just me and the trail. It was a much needed breath of fresh air this morning.

Although... I did swallow a bug. :laugh: I was just running along minding my own business when I felt it hit the back of my throat. I started coughing and gagging, but I kept on running. It almost made me throw up from all the coughing/sputtering, but I was fine.
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Did Rundouble W4 Day 1 today. I wasn't able to complete it. I did the first 3 min. interval, had to walk twice for about 15 seconds each time during the first 5 minute interval, I did the second 3 minute interval, but could only run about a minute of the last 5 minute interval. Should I go back to week 3 or should I keep attempting W4 Day 1 until I get it? I knew I would have trouble with it, but really disappointed that I couldn't do more than a minute of the last interval.

I got stuck in week 4 too. I think I posted about it in this thread. I had to slow down...a lot! I didn't realize how fast I was going at first and burning out at then end. Once I focused on staying slow and easy I completed it and didn't ever get stuck again. The weeks were still hard, but I never felt like I couldn't finish again.

I would try it again, this time slower. And remind yourself that you can do this! Good luck.

[/quote

Thanks, I will try to go slower. Its good to know I'm not the only one that got stuck!
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    c210k W10D1 done! It felt so easy too! Early morning runs are the best. It's so much better before it's hot, before I'm tired from the day, before the sun is up so it's not beating down on me, before there are a bunch of people out... just me and the trail. It was a much needed breath of fresh air this morning.

Although... I did swallow a bug. :laugh: I was just running along minding my own business when I felt it hit the back of my throat. I started coughing and gagging, but I kept on running. It almost made me throw up from all the coughing/sputtering, but I was fine.

Commiserations on the bug! I hate that but because my nose is almost constantly blocked during the summer it's a regular occurance - eat bugs or die lol

Congratulations on your run though - I'm still on C25K but I agree with the mornings being better than the evenings; it always seems harder in the evenings even if I've had an easy day at work.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I ran W9D1 last night. I never dreamt that I would be able to run 30 consecutive minutes, but I did. Slow, but I made it. What is supposed to be the end of the program leaves me about .7 miles short of a 5K.

I am not sure what I will do after finishing this week. My plan was to switch to the distance version and run W8 (2.75 miles) next week, then W9 (3.00 miles) the following. Does this seem reasonable?

That sounds reasonable to me! Congrats on making it through the 9 weeks!
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Camp with the youth group from my church and a sinus infection the week after completely derailed me. After two weeks off, I finally finished W3D3 yesterday.
    I'll be doing W4D1 today during lunch. Can't wait to get back into the routine.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I completed C25K Week 3 Day 1 (1.27 miles), in 15:02, pace 11:52 min/mile, with @RunDouble 1.27 miles in 15:02, speed 5.05 mph
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Twisted ankle healed and Week 7 day 1 completed. Ran just over 2 miles in the 25 mins so I'm still slow but just happy to be making the distances!

Had just finished running and was walking home pouring with sweat, red in the face and panting when about 10 men all heading to the night shift at the local warehouse came round the corner. :blushing:
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    C2 10K zen lab app

W11 D2 down and done
  • yamsteroo
    Options
    W6D2 done so now it's no more intervals and just building up time.

I'm quite looking forward to it (NEVER would have thought I'd be saying that a few weeks ago - I used to plead for my walking intervals to come up lol)

I pick up my Garmin Forerunner today so I'm hoping that will help me build up distance when the time comes but for now I'm concentrating on just keeping running :)
  • yamsteroo
    Options
    Twisted ankle healed and Week 7 day 1 completed. Ran just over 2 miles in the 25 mins so I'm still slow but just happy to be making the distances!

Had just finished running and was walking home pouring with sweat, red in the face and panting when about 10 men all heading to the night shift at the local warehouse came round the corner. :blushing:

I'd be happy with that time :)

Bad luck on being caught by the workmen - I was running towards a young guy on Monday, got within 6ft when the lady chimes in to say that's half way so I just wheeled around and ran away from him. He probably wondered for the rest of the day if I thought he looked like a mugger lol
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I was running towards a young guy on Monday, got within 6ft when the lady chimes in to say that's half way so I just wheeled around and ran away from him. He probably wondered for the rest of the day if I thought he looked like a mugger lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: - that really made me laugh!

I went out running with my running buddy today who is a fair bit better than me and managed a full 5.5 miles in just under an hour - woo hoo!!! :bigsmile:
  • GlitterrMagpie
    Options
    W6D2 done so now it's no more intervals and just building up time.

I'm quite looking forward to it (NEVER would have thought I'd be saying that a few weeks ago - I used to plead for my walking intervals to come up lol)

I found it much easier once the walking breaks stopped. Never thought I'd have said that in the beginning either when I was begging "How much longer???" during my 1 minute run interval :laugh:
    I'd be happy with that time :)

Bad luck on being caught by the workmen - I was running towards a young guy on Monday, got within 6ft when the lady chimes in to say that's half way so I just wheeled around and ran away from him. He probably wondered for the rest of the day if I thought he looked like a mugger lol

I'm amazed I'm doing it at all to be honest, C25K has been a revelation!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: at running away, hope you didn't give him a complex :wink:
  • GlitterrMagpie
    Options

I went out running with my running buddy today who is a fair bit better than me and managed a full 5.5 miles in just under an hour - woo hoo!!! :bigsmile:

Wow that's great, well done!
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    W9D2 in the books. 3.9 miles in just over 40 minutes. Recorded my best mile at 9:14, and it was the third mile. I almost didn't run today because my foot was a little sore but I sucked it up and hit the road. Weather has cooled off considerably (it was about 50 degrees when I started) so maybe that helped too.
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Week 6 complete! If someone would have told me that I would run for 22 minutes straight six months ago, I would have laughed in their face! I can't wait to see what is next!

Do many of you go straight to C210K, or what is a good plan for when I finish this? I enjoy having a specific program. Thanks!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Week 6 complete! If someone would have told me that I would run for 22 minutes straight six months ago, I would have laughed in their face! I can't wait to see what is next!

Do many of you go straight to C210K, or what is a good plan for when I finish this? I enjoy having a specific program. Thanks!
    I also like having a program. I've been doing the zen labs c210k app. If you do that, you can skip weeks 1-8 because those are the c25k program again. I'm on week 10, and it's great. I'm hoping to complete this by the fall, then start Hal Higdon's half marathon training.
  • seearainbow
    seearainbow Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Finished W2D3yesterday! Bought the rest of the app and I'm ready to tackle W3D1 tomorrow! I am a little off on my schedule because I don't always get to run if I'm working and gone for14-15 hours. I'd love to start running before work though.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Our 5k is on Sunday so I woke the little guy up early to go for a run. He started walking about halfway through, and we had a talk about how he needs to have a good attitude and be willing to try and run as far as possible on Sunday. The problem wasn't that he needed a walking break; it was his terrible attitude. Anyway, he sulked for a few minutes and then bolted off at top speed for the last half mile.

This led to me scrambling to catch up...all the way home.